Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

... ok. so it's not QUITE Christmas yet. lol. But for me, the celebration has already started... We pretty much do our Christmas stuff all on Christmas Eve. The kids (my nephews) have about 3 or 4 different places to go on Christmas... so we started that tradition a long time ago... so that there were less fights between my brother and sister-in-law about when they are coming over to exchange presents. *L*

Me, my mom, and my dad go over after my brother gets off of work, and take the traditional "Christmas Pizzas" for dinner. lol. (Let's just say that my sis-in-law is NOT Betty Crocker. I came up with this idea YEARS ago.... and it stuck. *G*) The kids open their presents from us, we open our presents from them, and then beat our brains out trying to figure out how all the toys go together. lol.

Then it's off to my aunt's house, another, MUCH older Christmas Eve tradition. Let's put it this way... i'm almost 36... I can remember being put down for a "nap" at my aunt's house, and listening for the sleigh on the roof, and worrying whether or not Santa would think i wasn't home, and not drop off my presents while i was gone... lol. We've been going there for a LONG time.

Tomorrow will be sort of lonely... [img]frown.gif[/img] The kids will all be gone to other places... my aunt and uncle do their own Christmas Dinner... Christmas day belonged to my Granny and Papaw... who are no longer here... and my aunt, my dad's mom... who is not here either... My cousin used to come in from KY with her kids and husband... not anymore, though, since my granny passed away. [img]frown.gif[/img] It's a quiet sort of affair, with me, my mom, and dad only. We seem to be the only ones left on Christmas day.... (which is probably why i enjoy Christmas Eve SO much more.)

This Christmas, i am happy... [img]smile.gif[/img] Though i admit to a slight pang of loneliness, due to being temporarily separated from someone during the holidays. However, on the flip side of that, it's nice to have someone to miss. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Anyway! blah blah! lol. Anyone still left hanging around here, what are your plans for tonight and tomorrow...?

Whatever they are, i hope everyone has a GREAT holiday... A very, very Merry Christmas to everyone! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

oh! amy and bmr!!! enjoy your last "quiet" Christmas! lol. Next year will be absolute chaos! Wonderous, glorious, literal chaos!!! of the kind that only a child can bring.... *G*. You will both love it, i know... just make sure you don't let this last special "couple" christmas pass by without enjoying it. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aww...how I remember my Christmas expecting
    Johnnie...longing for the pitter patter of little
    feet coming down the hallway Christmas morning...
    fool that I was! That was my last "peaceful"
    Christmas! *LMAO* BUT!!! Even though it is
    utter chaos Christmas morning.....I LOVE IT!
    Just seeing the smiles on their faces when they
    open their gifts is worth the entire year of crap
    they give me *L*

This morning was a little different because Dylon
    always calls us and gets us out of bed so he can
    "be with us" when we open gifts....this year things
    are different because him and his mom were sharing
    a hotel room so we didnt want to waken her to our
    chaos...I can't believe how much I missed having
    him share our crazy time....but we saved the gifts
    he bought to open we he did call....my mom and
    dad came over for our Christmas breakfast(a tradition
    we started when we bought our house here 4 years
    ago and love making them breakfast!) We will be
    leaving in a few minutes for Christmas dinner
    and exchanging gifts with them...and then its off
    for an hour ride to my brothers house....for
    Christmas with them since his Sister in law is
    home from Korea...and I havent seen her in 2
    years! So it will be a long day and I will be
    glad when it is over, but loving every exhausting
    minute of it!

Merry Christmas RA! [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Merry Christmas Mrs. G. Though it's over now... LOL... *hugggs*... sounds like a fun Christmas plan... i hope you had a great time... [img]smile.gif[/img]