Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lord I need more sleep can't even spell this morning *L* sorry about that Roger *L*

pulls the crank of the motor .......dang thing *L*

yes its a puttering morning...per say....goes and gets my tea to wake up *L*

HB Forum Owner Beautiful~Mistake's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

where i live there is no walmart.
    no safeway, or overwaitee,
    or even a save on foods
    the mall is outdoors and consists of about 5 stores
    maybe i'm giving it too much credit,
    one of them expanded so now there's only 4 [img]tongue.gif[/img]

the closest thing we have to a chain store here is the mcdonalds or the a&w by the highway,
    that's your choice of fast food unless you want subway.. there is no dairy queen or burger king or whatever the hell else people flock to for clogged arteries

i know almost all of the people in my neighborhood
    which stretches 2 blocks in either direction

there is no starbucks, java hut or grind places,
    it's only small family owned coffee shops

and there's only 3 of em
    and they're all on the same street

and the other small family owned stores around them
    *almost everything for shopping etc falls on the two main streets here..... *
    are owned by the same family who owns that business there..
    or that one over there
    and that guy who owns that place also owns that one and that one
    the man who run the most businesses in town has a gr 6 education

to go out dressed up in a flirty dress and heels gets ya stared at
    we only have two restaurants that warrant that kind of attire,
    and that's just a little too dressy for work

women work in sawmills
    women work in the bush
    women run chainsaws
    my mom is one of the best chainsaw mechanics in town
    women drive rigs
    and even some of the women have moustaches [img]tongue.gif[/img]

for 10 years of my life, i lived without electricity
    for 2, i lived without both electricity and running water
    that's also where we lived 5 of us to a log cabin with no bathroom, bedroom or doors
    just a loft
    and a curtain

we only have 2 sets of stoplights and they're on the highway as too many people were getting run down at the crosswalk [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lol, Pickles... *huggs*... havin a little trouble this morning, were ya...? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Leooooooo!! welcome! [img]smile.gif[/img] *pounces on and hugggs*.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

and paige... wow. lol. Maybe don will realize i don't live in THAT small a town when he reads that... *L*.... he enjoyed humming the tune to the movie "deliverance" while he was here... *muttering stuff under my breath then laughing*... i LIKE being in a small town though, don't you? i like keeping an eyeball on everything and everyone... if something weird happens, you usually know who did it, why they did it, how they did it, and what happened after that... L*

*leaps off the computer and runs back to finish my work*.... back at work today.... i think it's kinda of a good thing... i haven't had time to stop today, i had a patient for a narcolepsy study and lots of studies to score.... s*

<font color="#7D9EC0" size="1">[ August 24, 2006 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Rogue Angel ]</font>

HB Forum Owner Beautiful~Mistake's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*L don knows i live in a small town, i don't think he knows just how small..
    there's about 7000 people here... give or take a few..
    i really do love it..
    my family's very deeply rooted in this town,
    and they employ a good percentage of the men here.. or have at some point.. and will eventually..
    but it's really neat
    there's lots of italians here
    and when a new person comes to town
    and tries to say
    open a business
    if they don't like you
    you won't make it

a family here bought out a little store that had been run by them for years
    and because they didn't like the family
    they stopped going
    they lasted 4 months
    and now they're out of business
    boarded up
    *L

i love the politics of a small town...
    and being able to say
    do you seriously have any idea who i am?
    and having it mean something *L

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like you paige grew up in a small town. In my opinion the morals and values growing up this way stay with you a life time. I am thankful my kids that are now 26 and 24 know what it's like to pick wild blackberries, grapes on the farm we lived on. They learned what it was to be responsible by raising rabbits, horses,goats and chinchillas. The hard work of cleaning the barn, hauling water out to barn in the winter when the snow was up to your thighs and the water line was frozen. Physical fitness was a given, lifting 50 lbs of feed at a time and stacking hay. I feel the friendships that where made where deep rooted and genuine. Where everyone looked after each other and cared. Doors where left unlocked and if you needed help all you had to do is ask and even when offered they wouldn't accept a dime. Where we lived 5 townships made up the school district so there were many farms around. Most kids where in scouts, 4-h, FFA (Future Farmers of America) and
    many sports from soccer, football and baseball. The parents where involved, this to me instilled values in the children. Yes many of worked an hour or more away if we weren't farmers full time but we always took the time for our families and friends. If my children where not all grown up and adults I would live there still, for I believe this is a life every child should experience.

Now I live in St. Petersburg, and it's so differnt from how I use to live but I have adapted. I am not saying I still don't have my saddles from my horses in the walk in closet *L* or my favorite justin boots... once a cowgirl always a cowgirl......smiling......

Thanks for sharing paige it's great you live in a small town many times I still miss the closeness. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12