Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what a choice to have to make... [img]frown.gif[/img] could they not put you on prednisone for a month or so before the surgery, to help strengthen your lungs temporarily? i, more than anyone, know how horrible the side effects can be... it gave me diabetes and probably some other issues that i don't even know about yet.... plus killing my immune system... but i was on it for over 6 months, which is not recommended by well... anyone. But doctors are sort of limited with their choices when you can't maintain an open airway.... [img]frown.gif[/img] but it CAN be a GOOD thing, in cases like that. I'd ask my primary doc about it, if i were you... *huggggs*....

let us know what you decide to do and keep us up to date.... we love ya... [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks sweetie for all the advise. I too thought of going back on the steroids, but now it seems that as usual I am in work comp limbo land yet again. [img]frown.gif[/img]

The second opinion ortho doc or I should really say 3rd opinion they made me go to agreed I need a total knee replacement. Sounded great till I got his report in the mail and he stated that he feels the accident at work is only 20% responsible. Its like what the heck, I was mobile and active prior. So now I have an attorney and he is trying to settle, my other option is to have the state exam me and I was told that was more less a crap shoot, unless this examiner says the accident is 51% responsible I will get nothing meaning, further care. [img]frown.gif[/img] soooooooooooooooo who knows what will happen now........shakes the dang crystal ball more then kicks the dang thing.

On a plus note.........tick tick tick *L* my daughter, her husband and grandson and baby on the way that is due June 30 will be here April 16 *vbs* I can't wait till they get here. They will be staying with me helping me out till they get settled in a mth or so.

I hope everyone is having a great spring and everything is going well for you.

Hugs and smooches [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pickles! [img]smile.gif[/img] *huggggs*...are they moving to the US??? how great for you if so!!!! *hugggs more*....

i wish things would work out for you with the comp thing... i've been through it myself... my mom has been fighting for over 10 years now, trying to get something more than 7%, and her issue was the same... she has degenerative disc disease... so they can counter with a "it's not all OUR fault, it was going to happen anyway, or was already happening"... i think that's crap, when you KNOW that things were fine, until the accident at work happened.... if it had never happened, you may have gone YEARS without these types of problems, whether it was in PART due to a pre-existing condition or not! jerks. [img]frown.gif[/img]

i went to see the comp doc not long ago. they closed my case. and said there was nothing wrong with me. (i was on steroids at the time for the allergic reaction. of COURSE i had no problems then. i even told the guy that... and he didn't even put it in the report.... they will do whatever they have to to make it someone else's fault and get out of paying. i totally hate it, because i DO still have problems... the 2 nights that i worked this week have already caused problems with my back, hip, and leg... and it was only 2 nights of patient care. yeah. there's nothing wrong THERE. lol.)

like i always say, girl... keep us up to date... i don't really have to say keep your chin up... cuz no matter what happens... you already do... [img]smile.gif[/img]

*huggggggs*.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the love and support sweetie, means more than you can know [img]wink.gif[/img]

Yes, they are moving back to the states, I can't wait *VVVBS* [img]smile.gif[/img] They are going to stay with me to help me out with things that I can't do like pressure washing my place, and fixing a dang leak I have in the bathroom...all kinds of little mini projects *L* Then they will be looking for a house to rent, were they lived before in Florida and my daughter taught school. Schools in Florida can not promise or even offer employment for the following school year till open enrollment and I believe that is in late May or June. But with the lack of teachers in this state and with her having a degree in middle school teaching, she shouldn't have a problem. She is just worried about being discriminated against because she is pregnant now, even though they aren't suppose to be. I am sure she will be just fine, for I know my daughter *L* Driven is her middle name I believe or is it stubborn as I have been told like her mom *L*

Huggies [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yay! that will keep your spirits up, i know, having them around.... [img]smile.gif[/img] and you will get to be with your daughter through the pregnancy, and be there when the baby is born... [img]biggrin.gif[/img] i'm glad for ya.... you needed a bright spot with everything going on right now.... *huggggs*....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: PICKLES!!!!

Been a very long time since I was here and I miss you all more than I can possibly express. First of all Happy New Year to everyone

My daughter had a baby boy they named Dylan on July1, 2008 and is now living and teaching Spring Hill, FL. The picture is of my Daughter and Dylan taken this Christmas. I also thought I would show you all how big my other Grandchildren have grown. Mikey (daughter's son) is now 8 and Taylor (my son's daughter) who is now 1 years old.

I have been hanging in there now that I am totally disabled. But, I do not like admitting it and still try to push myself on my good days and then I pay the price for it later. Surgery is out of the question and I have to pray that someday the wonderful medical advancements will have me zooming around, as the hyper person I use to be.

This past summer I was able to travel to Ohio driving with resting every two hours as the docs orders in order to go on this trip. I went and saw my grandaughter Taylor for the first time and the joys of seeing her for the first time was priceless. After staying in Ohio for almost two weeks I went to to Cherokee NC and stayed in a cabin. This place was fantastic and off the beaten path and so calming and relaxing. Just what I needed. Oh, I forgot to say *L* I took my two dogs with me and a kitten as well.......was an interesting time with all the critters along, but I wouldn't have it any other way........This was probably my last trip of this length since it is getting harder and harder to get around. I now have a wheelchair lift installed in my van and I usually only go for short trips as needed now. WOW how life can change in a blink of an eye as they say. I try to stay upbeat and positive, but as everyone else I have my gloom and doom days, but I try not to dwell and count my blessings instead.

I hope everyone is doing well and happy. I will try to stay in touch more often.

Love and hugs,

Pickles/Deb
    I doesn't matter what car you drive or how much money you have or even what you wear. What does matter is what you are in the life of a child.<p>Appreciate every single thing you have, especially your friends! Life is too short and friends are too few.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: PICKLES!!!!

Pickles!!!! *BIIIIIIG HUGGS!!!!* i'm so glad to see stopped by!! i don't check here every day anymore myself, so i didn't know you had been here til now... thanks for the updates, and the pics! your grandkids are so cute!!!! the newest is a doll oh my goodness...

things are... ok here... at the moment... some family issues involving illness, or possible illness... so i am a little on edge this weekend... til the test results come in on monday... it's been difficult, because i've not been allowed to speak to anyone about it... it's a hard thing to keep to yourself when you are scared and worried for someone else, and contemplating what it may mean if they are sick, or will not be around for much longer... especially when its someone who is young...

as for me, i have been doing pretty well... a little under the weather lately with a stomach flu, and some diabetic issues... but overall, i am still here, and that's what counts...

i'm not fond of the new place here... but my board is staying put... at least for now... and reasons like this are exactly why.... if nowhere else, you know you can find me here... by the way, that reminds me... i tried to add you to my myspace when i first got it... but you have to know your last name, or your email addy, and i don't know either... i am on both beth's list, and judy's list, so find me and add me! all i have to do is approve the request, you don't have to know any special info in order to add me... *G*

good to see you!! and i hope the docs are able to find you something at some point that will help you to be more active... i know it's hard, to still have the desire to do certain things, and not feel able... *huggggs*.... you never know what's going to happen in the future... even tomorrow...
    Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. ~Elbert Hubbard~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123