Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...surfaces from my painkiller coma*... ugh. i had a little accident at work yesterday, lol. Which caused me to stay home today... long story, but basically, they piled something up where it shouldn't have been, i stepped on it, just like everyone else did, and it slid with me and jerked my back... nice.

even better, then i was told that it was MY fault, and discouraged from filling out an incident report, with my boss stating that our owner doesn't like comp claims... i was like umm... is there an owner of any company ANYWHERE that likes comp claims? grrrr. besides, i didn't say i was going to FILE one. And i know VERY well that it is an OSHA requirement to fill out an incident report when there's an on the job accident. no matter if the person got hurt OR NOT. that pissed me off... i was also told that i had "been told it was there"... well duh. i could see the big plastic mats stacked up... RIGHT IN THE WAY. if i wanted coffee, i had to step on them... now. just because you tell someone that you've created a hazardous situation... does that make it any less hazardous? i'm thinkin NO. lol.

anyway, the short version is that i stayed home from work today with a very sore back...i don't think there is any permanent damage, though... just a re-injury of my back. (permanent damage caused by a fall at work a number of years ago... sciatic nerve... anyone how has sciatica knows how nerve wracking (hehe, no pun intended) it can be. grrrr. sometimes you just bend over the wrong way, and BLAM! instant pain)

i decided to take the day off to rest it... whirlpool bath, heating pad, staying in bed doing nothing... you know, the usual back stuff. *L* So hopefully i will feel more like going tomorrow... *laughs a little*... the insides of my legs hurt just as much as my back does, i guess where i tensed all the muscles in my legs to keep myself from falling as i was sliding... i feel like i did an involuntary split, and it hurts every time i walk. lol. Unfortunately, it sounds more humorous than it FEELS. [img]confused.gif[/img]

i feel like such a slacker, though... just sitting here allllll day long... doing nothing. But on the up side, at least i was getting paid for it... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ooh i have pregnancy sciatic issues...

one day im fine...the next day i walk around holding my right butt cheek squealing in pain constantly!

glad your day is going better

[img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] ! ! !

Inactive Member EvolutionHasBegun's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah i can relate to this for sure....right around my tailbone..and in my hips...and my leg muscles and such...all up in my dingle area...all you can do is stretch, heat, work, and move....nothing else you can really do with it...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yesterday just sucked ass for me. First my computer decided to act like it was on crack when I was TRYING to play Guild Wars. It just simply shut down for no reason. Okay so far solution presented itself with an extra fan in the tower to keep the damn video card from overheating. Why I needed ANOTHER fan since the whole tower is ventilated and has like fans everywhere I don't know. Then I was trying to feed and give my hermit crabs water and whacked my little toe on my right foot on Daniel's chair with him in it so the damn thing didn't move. My toe is a nice shade of pinkish purple along with most of my right foot due to the pregnancy related swelling from the high blood pressure. My Dad was being a jerk and just bombarding me with crap that I just don't know why he has to even bother me with and whining cause his computer doesn't work right and I am like "yeah well neither does mine at the fucking moment and I don't have my car right now cause Daniel isn't home so yours is gonna have to fucking wait!" Why he doesn't just buy a new fucking tower and get it over with I do NOT know since the one he has is at LEAST 10 years old and counting and is more than likely 99% of the fucking problem. I can't work because of the high risk pregnancy and that is a bone of contention for my Father. I am in so much pain most of the time I can't really move around much either. My entire lower back and lower abdomen cramps up if I am on my feet for more than 5-10 minutes at a time. They tell me "oh it is just all your muscles and ligaments stretching." My feet and ankles swell so bad I can barely walk. And people are always wanting us to go and hang out and it is like 1- we have to drive there which is usually and hour or more away and 2- I can't walk very far and am too tired to do much. For the time being I am better off at home even though I am going absolutely stir crazy. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

back at work today.... yeehaw!!! *L*

after many cups of coffee, i am feeling like the day is going well... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oooooooh.... i can totally sympathize about the foot/toe thing.... probably not the best feeling in the world on top of the original swelling... [img]frown.gif[/img] and yes, you ARE better off at home... i know it's boring for you... but you will have less trouble in the long run if you just take it easy... s*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

k....i need some advice...my sciatica has been really BAD the last 2 days from sitting in a damn courtroom for 2 days. Ibuprophen, Tylenol, muscle relaxers, icing and heating and Oxycodone are NOT working! I need suggestions...please... [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Inactive Member EvolutionHasBegun's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dont end up in court.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following