Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lol... i haven't seen 3 yet. I already know one main plot development point that occurs which i was upset about... [img]frown.gif[/img] anyone who's seen it probably knows what i'm talking about... but i won't say it, for the ones that haven't seen it and don't know... i figure i'll just wait until it comes out on HBO, Showtime, or Max. lol. I have netflix, i suppose i could have rented it already, duh. But the problem i'm running into with THAT, and renting PPV on cable is this: You watch the movie right after it leaves the theater... then about a month or two later, it comes on one of the movie channels... then it is on ALL of them, one by one... you see this fucking movie that you actually paid MONEY to rent 65 freakin times, until you're so sick of it you can't stand it, even if you really sorta liked it the first time.

I dunno, i'm kinda thinkin it's a waste to have netflix AND the movie channels... but i'm a movie kinda person, lol. I don't watch ANY "regular" tv shows... no reality tv... *GASP!!!* lol. the only "show" i watch is dexter, and it comes on guess where? showtime! *L* and here, it is cheaper to get all 3 than it is to have one independently, so fuck. *L* And i'm kinda stuck with netflix, because if i get rid of it, i will get bored and rent PPV's... which are like $4 per movie... i only pay $16.95 a month for netflix, and get movies in batches of 3 as many times and as fast as i can send them back... if i really put my mind to it and didn't keep these things forever, lol, i could probably manage to see about 6 movies per week, give or take. That's 24 movies for 17 bucks, lol. On PPV i could only watch 4 movies for the whole month for the same price. So i guess really it does pay for itself... i had been thinking about canceling it, but don talked me right out of it with that spiel. LOL.

ANYWAY. i haven't seen anything new all weekend, because i still have sin city and of course, planet terror. i swear to you i have watched that movie about 5 times now, lol. i generally watch them more than once... but i don't wanna give that one back! i get one freebie "lost" movie... i should just fkn keep it, lol. free movie, woo hoo! ahem. i mean, but i won't of course... because that would be WRONG of me... *nodding*... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok, i just looked this up, and i had NO idea that robert rodriguez had done so many movies! lots of movies that i had no idea he was involved with... apparently he and tarantino have been collaborators for a long time now! They worked on Four Rooms together, which is sick and hilarious, and also from dusk til dawn, and of course, my new fave, planet terror. *L*

Year Film Role Notes
    1991 Bedhead
    1992 El Mariachi Director, Producer, Writer
    1994 Roadracers
    1995 Desperado Director, Producer, Writer
    Four Rooms Co-Director, Co-Writer
    1996 From Dusk Till Dawn Director, Co-Producer
    1998 The Faculty Director
    2001 Spy Kids
    2002 Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams
    2003 Once Upon a Time in Mexico Released in 2003, however it was shot in 2001 before the actor's strike of 2001
    Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over
    2005 The Adventures of Shark Boy & Lava Girl in 3-D
    Sin City (Co-Directed with Frank Miller and special guest director Quentin Tarantino)
    2007 Grindhouse Planet Terror and Machete: Director, Writer, Producer, Composer, Editor
    Death Proof: Producer Collaboration with Quentin Tarantino
    2008 Machete Director, Producer, Writer 40 minutes of the film reportedly shot. To be released direct-to-DVD with Grindhouse movies.
    Sin City 2 Currently in Pre-production; originally scheduled for 2006 release date, but pushed back to a 2008 release date
    2009 Barbarella Director In production
    TBA Madman Executive Producer Currently in pre-production
    2008 Sin City 3 Director in production
    2010 The Jetsons Director Currently in pre-production

...i knew Sin City 2 was being made, but they already have plans for Sin City 3?? wow. though i'm sure they'll be good. And Barbarella!!! They're re-doing Barbarella! i was a 70's kid... i LOOOOOOOVED that fucking movie! i thought jane fonda was the prettiest woman in the whole world back then...s* well, for that matter, she very well may have been. *L* it was the freakiest most 70's-ish movie ever... her spaceship had floor to ceiling fur! and those outfits! hehehe. it's hilarious to watch now, but i think it would make one hell of a remake with technology and special effects being what they are now... should be interesting! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dammit. i think i am gonna be forced to watch the gay cowboy movie.

alright. lemme back up, lol. I have never watched Brokeback Mountain. i know, i know.... I KNOW!.... it was a good movie. *L*. i just... had no desire to watch it, i can't help it, *L*. i lust Jake Gyllenhaal... i don't wanna watch him play catcher for Heath Ledger. lol. ANYWAY. [img]eek.gif[/img]

i was flipping channels yesterday when i stayed home from work to rest my mangled foot... and came across the end of the movie. it was the part where Heath Ledger's character gets his postcard to Jake's character back with a "deceased" stamp on it. And when he calls the guy's wife and asks what happens, she tells him the story about the tire that blew up in his face and bashed him with the rim. Meanwhile, they are flashing to all these guys beating the fuck outta him with a tire iron and bashing his face in.

.... i have been thinking about that crap ever since, lmao. now i have to watch the damn movie. cuz i wanna know... is that what really happened? and was the flash just to show you what really happened, or was it something that was in Heath Ledger's head? if he got beaten to death, why? because he liked to get poked by cowboys or what? or was there more to it? dammit! i've been sucked into the story, even though i already know what happens at the end. which is kinda cool in a way, lol, but i still don't really wanna watch it... but i have to know what happened.

gotta love movies. [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok... i've heard a lot of people say they didn't care for this movie... but i LOVED The Number 23. I thought it was a GREAT suspense movie! and of course i love jim carrey, whether he is in a comedy, or something serious... It's very rare that i have not figured out the end of the movie, or at least nearly, by 15 or 20 minutes into the movie, lol. This one got off to kind of a slow start... i was thinking that i had heard right, the movie sucked, *L*... but i kept watching... and i'm glad i did! Murder, missing persons, guardians of the dead, violent sex fantasies, and trails that lead to about 3 different people at different times, making you unsure of who the real killer was.

ok. so i KINDA knew all along who the killer was gonna end up being, lol. But they still threw you a bone here and there that made you wonder... i won't say who it was, in case anyone that wants to see it hasn't watched it yet...

yesssss, it's twisted. and yeah, it's a little sick. but so is my mind, lol, making it a really good movie for me!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i loved the Transformers movie, rog... you were right... excellent movie... [img]smile.gif[/img] they almost make you forget that they're supposed to be robots... especially by the end... they seem so much like people... and i liked that the humans got to be involved in all the big stuff... rather than the transformers doing all the really tough work... *L*... it was hair raising at the end, to see whether or not sam would make it to the building... and then whether or not Optimus would have to die in order to destroy the cube... i loved the way it all turned out... and bumblebee stayed with sam to keep on protecting him.... i loved bumblebee.... [img]biggrin.gif[/img] *thumbs my nose at don*... even if he wasn't just like he was in the original story! lol... he was a really good character....

it was one of the best movies i've seen in a while.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Movies...jeez...I've watched so many movies lately I can't even remember them all. I recently watched Knocked Up...laughed my ass off. It was great. I recently just watched Grandma's Boy also....if you liked The 40 Year Old Virgin and knocked up you'll LOVE Grandma's Boy. Also just watched I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. HILARIOUS.

As for the Grindhouse movies...I saw Deathproof and it rawked. I STILL haven't watched Planet Terror yet. Which is pretty pathetic considering we've owned it since the day it came out on video. [img]confused.gif[/img] Mike keeps harrassing me to watch it too.

Other movies I've watched lately are License to Wed, which I thought was really funny, Disturbia..which was damn good, 28 Weeks Later which was great cuz it actually made me jump, 30 Days of Night, which I didn't think was as good as they portrayed it to be. The affects were good and it was a very well done movie but I was bored a good portion of the movie. Also I've seen...Alpha Dog, pretty good movie, especially for a true story. The Reaping which I thought was fucking awesome, Freedom Writers...I really loved that movie, which is also a true story and there's a whole bunch of others that I just can't think of right now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member EvolutionHasBegun's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

check out Hitman...it turned out to be a really good movie...skip the new Beowulf thou...it was shitty.. well okay..it was neatly done...and a good story..but a total hack...wasnt very close to the original work if ya know what i mean...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OMG!!!! you HAVE to watch Planet Terror!!! it's a moral imperative! lol. I thought deathproof was awesome... and then i watched Planet Terror. there's no comparison... it puts deathproof absolutely to shame. (sorry quentin! i know i'm being disloyal! lolol.) awesome movie... once you've seen it... you will have to watch it again... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll be seeing Hitman when it comes out. Mike saw it, loved it, raved about it and will buy it the day it comes out garaunteed. And I WILL watch Planet Terror...I promise...I just haven't been in the mood for a Grindhouse lately. I've seen enough zombie movies lately. Right now more or less been in a comedy sorta mood. Also been choking down a lot of Christmas movies. So far I think i've been exposed to every Christmas movie made at work. That's all that been on every tv in the place since the first of November.

And I wanted to see the new Beowulf movie. I watched Beowulf and Grendle not too long ago and I love the story so I'm compelled to watch it at least once.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh lovely I hiccuped
    [img]confused.gif[/img]