Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

rosie - my dog catches groundhogs, but my cat used to leave a mouse on the doorstep every morning... it was a present =)
    but i used to go outside to smoke in my barefeet when i woke up.. i learned my lesson the hard way

twi - so good to see you here *lick...
    i really want a veiled chameleon - but i need to be in my own home because it would be free range in the spare bedroom.. i want to do a window dressing with plants and vines, and basically have them all over the room and the shelves so they could hang out all over the place =)

i wonder if chameleons and water dragons get along.......

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Miss ya paiges *smoochies* they have these baby chameleons at a pet store here and they are so adorable i like to go in there just to admire them..its pretty cool watching them eat a meal worm or cricket.and when they change colors that amazes me.they require a rain forest set up which is kinda expensive..thats why i haven't gotten one yet.but one of these days im gonna get one.

not sure with a water dragon and a chameleon getting along i guess you'd have to ask a pet store clerk.

HB Forum Owner Beautiful~Mistake's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

honestly - unless it's an exotic pet store (and even then, i wouldn't trust them..) they don't know shit about shit.... i know more about my pets and even some i don't have, than the majority of pet stores that i've been in...

i'll put it like this.. when i got my first lizard (an alligator lizard) and asked about substrate, they told me to use bedding sand.. that a 10 gal would be big enough for life and that my wild caught lizard isn't native to this part of the country, so it can't possibly be a northern alligator lizard...

so what's wrong with that statement... :
    bedding sand is one of the worst substrates you can use in a lizard cage, it's even deadly for tarantulas and snakes as they eat it and it blocks them up, it gets in their eyes and scratches the corneas and it doesn't hold moisture...
    a 10 gal is good for a spider... a cornsnake, a small breed of gecko.. but msot lizards need more room..
    and it's called a... what... northern alligator lizard... so what part of the country am i from if this thing isn't a native species?.... i always thought i was pretty north...

i'm grateful i didn't listen and the lesson learned... pet stores clerks generally don't know shit..

unless they actually OWN particular pet, i wouldn't turn them a deaf ear to advise to...

not to mention the fact atht our pet store is more of a tack shop.. they don't even have fish or reptiles... in fact, they don't keep many animals in there at all.. *L

*L

but chameleon's are hella cute.. their eyes are my favourite..
    (you should see the dragon eat, i hand feed her, so she watches the worm wiggling inthe tweezers, then she jumps up and rips it outa my hand and swallows it down.. *L it's awesome. sometimes she sits there with half the worm hangin out of her mouth for a bit.. *L)
    but the room i have my lizards in is already a good 10 degrees warmer than any part of my house because of the lights i already have int here, so making it a rainforest in there wouldn't be difficult at all.. s'long as there's no carpet, it would work...

all you need for that is UVB/UVA and a humidifier .. plants would thrive in that kind of climate, so while your live plants are getting bigger, you could keep fake plants and slowly take them out as the real plants get big enough..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Charlee, my oldest, is getting 2 leopard geckos in 2 weeks

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i say lizard poop needs to die.

and tarantulas are the shit.. they arent creepy paigey poo, yer just a sissy.

HB Forum Owner Beautiful~Mistake's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

blehhh... they are totally creepy..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123