Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An end to the battle with Wal-Mart, or just the beginning?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well as of 4pm today, I am no longer working for walmart. Last night I attended a cashier meeting, and after it was over Rosie told me that one of my friends had been in a severe car wreck, and had been life flighted to the hospital. After I had verified this, we asked one of my supervisors named Leslie about possibly being able to carry my cell phone on me while working so that in an emergency Rosie or whoever could contact me and let me know. That inquiry was in response to Rosie getting hung up on everytime she called the store. Leslie told us that we had to talk to my assistant manager Marilyn, so we did and she said absolutely under no circumstance was I to carry my cell phone on the sales floor, not even on vibrate in my pocket. So rosie told her that she was going to call Janice, the store manager, which she did. Janice was very hot under the collar and pretty much told rosie that she wasn't going to budge on the policy and she then demanded that rosie tell her the names of everyone who was carrying their cell phones in their pockets. Rosie pretty much told her that either she was going to let me carry my cell, or she was going to receive my badge and my resignation. Janice said "fine" in a really snotty voice and slammed the phone down in Rosie's ear... Next thing Janice knows, I show up at the store, and I am at the entrance to her office. I had only 2 things in my hand: My boxknife with it's case, and the envelope containing my letter of resignation, my badge, and the dicount cards (one of which was cut up into a million pieces.) The one that was cut up, you guessed it was Rosie's. I can nvision her saying "die, walmart die" as she did it too. LOL So basically, the letter I gave them said something to the effect of:

To whom it may concern:

Do to the extreme amount of descrimination (religion, sex, wage, veterans status, disability status, etc), Harrasment by certain members of the management team, the extreme disregard for respect of each individual including myself, and the frequent inability to want to work around military and school requirements (both of which were known at the time of hire), I here-by tender my resignation for my position at Wal-Mart Stores, effective immediately. Please have all wages due to me on my final paycheck due to be paid 8/9/2007.

Sincerely,

Daniel Sullivan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She can tape the fucking discount card back together if she can find all the pieces. Bitch fucking pissed me off. She needs to go set the damn wash machine on spin cycle a few million times and remove whatever is up her fucking ass. She was a fucking cunt when I worked there and obviously she is worse now that she is the "manager". Yeah well she might want to relish her job while she has it since including Hubby over here quit...so did several others in the past week. I told her "You can let him carry his phone or he can turn in his badge...take your pick." Obviously they didn't believe me when I told him he could quit and I walked out of the store last night saying "This is fucking bullshit...this place isn't worth the fucking hassle!!" It's not either. Oh yeah and AFTER I was done with Janice...I called corporate and got the number for HER boss. So I will be calling the District Manager first thing Monday morning. Get too close to the fire you WILL get burned and NEVER piss a redhead off. [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

<font color="#90EE90" size="1">[ July 28, 2007 06:56 AM: Message edited by: BlackMagicRose ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i noticed your other thread on RA's board and decided to check out the thread here and i agree i dislike walmart ..well not as much as you two ovbiously but you two definitly are within right to be pissed off!! but i agree that walmart cares about money thats it i have friends who work at the one here in canada and they treat their workers like a number not a person they have one day a week off and they WILL call them on that day and tell them they have to work..fuckers..

I agree they dont care about the workers for instace my friend and her boyfriend work there and her boyfriend was being screamed at by a customer and HE was called into the office and reemed out for being rude! like wtf..bastard walmart sucks..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heh....they'd fire me...I know they would. I just don't put up with shit. And this is all it has been is nothing but bullshit with them. Their corporate policies don't go along with the state laws like they should. And of course instead of going with the state laws like they should they go by corporate policy. Fuck that shit. [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I working at this last store here in McMinnville, OR, I had CSM's (Customer Service Managers) telling me stories. One for instance told me that she was assisting a lady because she had an issue with the cashier who had rang up her things. The dispute was over the price of an item. The CSM asked the to please wait for a min or two, so she could go back and verify that the product was mis-labeled. The CSM walked back, and the product was in the right place on the shelf, and the shelf label was correct. So... She went back and calmly, politely explained to the lady that she couldn't do anything because the product price and everything was correct. She even offered to take the lady back and show her, being the good person that she was, and the lady got so irate that she slapped the CSM, go figure. Management refused to do anything to the lady, go figure..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Also, on a different note, since I gave them plenty of notice and tried in good faith to help them in changing their ways, and they still did all the stuff I mentioned in my letter, I fiugure that I have around 5 or 6 different things I can sue them over, based on both Oregon laws, Federal Laws, and wage and hour violations. Thats just the tip of the iceberg. Also the Wage descrimination suit which is class action got the go ahead to proceed, and last time I heard Had in excess of 160 million claimants. Even at $1 a piece, that would be $160,000,000 out of walmart's pocket, not including court costs, attorney fees etc....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

John is contacting the VA office here in town to find otu what he can do to sue wal mart for firing him he said that the assistant managers told him flat out when they fired him that the reason they had to let him go was because he had not shhown them the paperwork on his disability soon enough...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I tell you! flying monkeys with blow torches..or little children with matches [img]smile.gif[/img]

yeah walmart sucks and should close..fuckers..im not in a bitchy mood today so i cant really pull out the rant lol but my underlying anger is still there for the wrong they do to a shit load of people! good luck with your case !!! [img]smile.gif[/img] i agree 100% with your cause

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A break through, finally! I have a few connections at the store I used to work at, and one of them informed me that they just let alot of people go without due cause. She also told me that the managers are up to something because strange things are afoot. I'm currently looking to file a class action suit against walmart for all of the stuff that they did to me. I'[m currently looking for people that have had walmart descriminate against them (summerstorm) and any evidence that would attest to that. Unfortunately the courts don't take our good looks, or our word that they did, they want proof. Also, ideas and leads of attorney which would take something like this on, who have a good reputation. I will keep you posted. My personal e-mail is [email protected] in case if anyone would like to send me stuff regarding this. Daniel

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To: Daniel Sullivan <[email protected]>
    Sent: Monday, August 6, 2007 12:46:31 AM
    Subject: Thought you might like to know

MM Daniel,
    Don't know how much interest you would have in this, but during this past week we lost at least 5 more people. Some fired & some quit, that's a lot of people.
    Not that it hasn't happened in the past, it has. I don't know where or even if, you plan on doing some sort of research on WW & their polices, but if you do talking to former employees would be a good place to start.
    I heard some other very interesting things. But it's late & I'm tired & it's a little complicated to explain. Let me know if you are interested, other wise I'll just forget it................

Denise )o(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast