Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

If you could tell a doctor what kind of baby you wanted to have, right down to the sex, eye color, and hair color would you? If we can eradicate every disease that we know of, should we? At what point does medical science go to far? We can save lives by harvesting stem cells from still born infant corpses, should we, would that be wrong? And on the other hand, if we have the means to save someone, but deny them the cure and tell them that they need to die so that we can bury our dead in peace, is that wrong? What do you do in that case? Where do we draw the line?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

not only are the above questions really tough, But I also have to wrestle between my Christian beliefs as well as my thoughts from my heart.
    Honestly at this point I just don't know [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't want to know exactly what my baby would look like or go through that process of picking everything about it out. I think that is screwing around with something that should never be messed with. The thing about eradicating diseases is a no too because of the ecological checks and balances it would fuck with. I do however agree with stem cell research because some of these diseases need to be brought down to a manageable level. The thing I don't agree with however is over-exploitation of these concepts. Sometimes nature is just made to be left alone. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BMR, your responce was well thought out and I think I will agree [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I actually didn't think too much on it...LOL. I just haven't had the energy to put it into words the past few days...LOL. But what I said I believe completely. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If darwin is right, and it is a so-called survival of the fitest from an evolutionary standpoint. If nature decides that someone is to die from say heartt disease, are we right to save them, and defy nature in the process?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Technology has given us a great way of being able to do great things with medical technology. We have been given the ability to save people and lessen their suffering. I think it all depends on the situation of the person in general.