Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

but the boards are better...we've got jokes,...discussions...nonsense...insanity......co me on people lets get it together and save the whales..I mean boards...

Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Message boards are more like a community.
    MySpace has some benefits but community is not one of them.
    I guess the problem is that MySpace is time consuming and after all the effort it takes to set one up, people are compelled to want their pages to succeed, so more time is spent (consumed) while the message boards fade into obscurity!

I wonder how many Hostboard boards will survive the upgrade to HB3, coming next month.
    Will people even bother???
    They hardly even bother now!!!
    [img]frown.gif[/img]
    GD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man I have trouble even getting on HB half the time with their upgrade crap. I really wonder why they didn't just leave it alone because if you look at it there was some talk of charging for use here and stuff. Or being able to use certain capabilities on the boards. Okay if we have a board and have to pay to be able to moderate it why bother sticking around when we have other options available to us. I just dunno what they are doing here anymore. Seems like they have kind of screwed not only themselves on this upgrade but us too. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, We are having a conversation, I likez it.

Hello Mum, Mr Danger Dude and Mommy Kristan, glad to see you stopping by.

I have mixed feelings about myspace, I have found lost freinds through their search, but its hard to kinda carry on a conversation with the comments, altho I do admitt that I use the myspace IM alot to chat with a few friends.

I love Hostboard, but like most people, I have neglected not only my board but my friends too.
    I hope to rectify this in the upcoming weeks.

I appreciate the input my friends, thanks for stopping by.
    rog

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not aware of the hb upgrades etc .. I never read the fine print LOL..so wazzup

Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Originally posted by BlackMagicRose:
    Man I have trouble even getting on HB half the time with their upgrade crap. I really wonder why they didn't just leave it alone because if you look at it there was some talk of charging for use here and stuff. Or being able to use certain capabilities on the boards. Okay if we have a board and have to pay to be able to moderate it why bother sticking around when we have other options available to us. I just dunno what they are doing here anymore. Seems like they have kind of screwed not only themselves on this upgrade but us too. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I find posts like this interesting...

The current system is dated, slow non-upgradeable an administrative headache for me on a day to day basis.

HB3 destroys HB2 on every level.

I can tell you that HB3 will exceeed the current systems "free" ablities ten fold and that the pay options at this point will be extensions of what it offers.

Yes it has been a long time coming. We have lost developers over time that failed to deliver a product which put us back at least 2 years but I never lost the dream of moving foward. We finaly have someone who has produced a working product and now we are working on refining it. We are looking to port the data over and if all goes well the new system is scheduled to go live in Sept.

As for enabling the extended attributes in a pay to play, do you realize the thousands of dollars I pay out each year to allow places like this to exist? All I am doing is trying to recoup operating costs at bare minimum and provide you with a better site. My bad I guess...

Have a nice weekend [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I still cant login on HB3.
    It wont recognize my user name password or e-mail addy [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

The best place to keep up on this long awaited upgrade is at the HB Administrative Message Board.

http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult.../ubb/forum/f/1

It sounds like it's getting close, although it has sounded like that before.

I believe all ACTIVE message boards will be transferred but you may need to be involved.
    ie. if necessary I intend to start a NEW Cherie Currie board there, so there is a place for the old board archives to be linked to!

I believe all inactive boards here, will end up being deleted.
    Assuming the old Runaways board (which is now inactive) will be deleted, I convinced the "owners" of it to back up the archives, on their own web site.

Let's hope for the best during this period of transition!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hey Gregg, right now only official testers can log in.

If you are so inclined, you could volunteer to be an official tester.

It looks like it's coming along nicely to me and there are definitely going to be some aspects of HB3 which put HB2 to shame!

I appreciate all Steven has done and is trying to do to make our message board experience a good one!

More later,
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sounds complicated to me..I like to keep things simple...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast