Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I want snow!!! It gets cold enough here for it but never precipitates when it is cold enough. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

74 degrees today here in Las Vegas.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will perform my patented Snow Dance and send a little out to Black Magic Rosie

instant snow

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This weekend was shotgun season for Deer. The local hunters had great luck it seems by all of the dead Bambi's I saw in the back of pickups & Four-wheelers. I'm not a hunter, and well the truth be told, I'm a little squemish around all that blood & guts, but I have to admire The hunters, who this year donated several hundred pounds of deer meat to the local food pantrys. That will help a lot of the poor to at least be able to put some kinda meat on the table.

Yesterday I got caught while walking in a sleet storm. The ice pellets fell hard & fast & left the roads ice covered & slick, but today the sun is shining bright & a light breeze. It is a good day to be out & about in my neighborhood, Howz it going in your neighborhood?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Typical monday at work, here... Though the snow is falling and actually sticking to the ground for the first time this year... [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Today is ab-so-lute-ly beautiful, No wind, high should be about 55 and only a few high fluffy clouds floating on a beautiful blue sky backdrop.

I was walking through town last night and saw the first Christmas yard display. It was pretty with lights, candy canes lining the sidewalk and inflatable Santa...But Hey I haven't celebrated Thanksgiving yet!

Last night was brisk, I think it got down to about 27, As I was walking I noticed the smell of wood smoke from the fireplaces that many of the people use out here in this area, it really added to the wintery effect.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*pounces on you n licks*... ROG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you sneak!!! lmao..... *hugggs n huggggs*.... i just DID read your last post on the "in the neighborhood" thread... *chuckles*.... how dumb do i feel? *giggles*... you nut.... [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 23, 2006 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Rogue Angel ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I torry [img]redface.gif[/img] , I had to be mr rogie to get into your neighborhood, cause that Darned ol' ellanoize has done used up my good name or sumptin [img]wink.gif[/img]

Don't feel bad, I have gotten several PM's from people asking me if I is or if I isn't the same rog [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Anywho, here is todays report...
    I had the pleasure of having Thanksgiving dinner with two of the nicest people in the world. I have only known them about a month.
    Stan who is battling the flu was still able to keep me entertained with his stories and his beautiful wife Abbie fed me til I thought I was going to explode, They had a feast upon the table of Ham, Turkey, Potatoes, Green Bean Cassorole, Sweet potatos (with Marshmellow)Stuffing, and more. I had to push my chair back from the table so I could take a deep breath, when She brought me a big bowl of hot Apple cobbler & ice cream....Ohhh.
    After dinner we sat around and talked a bit until the Football game started. Stan started feeling bad so we all said our thank yous and headed out. Out in the yard we all stood for a while, enjoying the wonderful day. I told everyone I was going to walk home and thought I was going to have to fight, Everyone said They would give me a ride home, But with the temps up in the mid 60's and a clear sky, I knew I had to get my walks in before the weekend and the next cold front moves in.
    I am only going to post a couple of quickies today, but I want to send out Thanksgiving wishes to all my friends today.
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING Y'ALL

mr rogie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yesterday was gorgous day, it got up to 72 and clear, I borrowed a motorcycle from a bud and a bunch of us rode most of the afternoon. It was great.
    Today is another beautiful day, it is 75 (can you believe that? I bet we will pay dearly in a couple of weeks)
    Are you guys sick of Thanksgiving leftovers yet? [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I have enough turkey for another sandwish and a couple more of Ham, The pie went real quick [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is another nice day here in the 'hood. I was able to leave the bedroom window open all night, the low was only in the mid 50's and today is about 66, but I think by Wed. we may have snow (I knew we were gonna pay for this nice weather)

I don't have any plans for today, except I'm planning on making a pot of Chilli for dinner.

Take care Y'all...

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast