Thread: I was watching the local late night news....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

and i was reminded why i don't watch the news.

The first story they aired was about a local trailer park that was complaining because they didn't have heat (that was the lead in to the story anyways). come to find out, they did have heat, they had just installed propane tanks for each of the trailers. the story was about the fact that the residents were complaining that they had to pay for the initial "fill" of the tanks....which cost them a grand total of about 40 bucks a piece. That's a great story...definitely worth starting off the late night news with...espeically considering this little piece was about 2 minutes long. this was followed by two murder stories, which obviously aren't nearly as important, because between the two, they spent about 30 seconds on it.

what was even better, (to tie this in with my other post this evening) the on site reporter, whatever his name was, finished his story with these lines "After speaking with Mr. Lee (or Mr. Li...don't know what his name really was), he refused to appear on camera, but every time I spoke with him, he made sure to tell me that he spoke very little english. back to you 'insert new anchor name here'"

what does that have to do with anything? first, who cares about these poor white (can't really call them all poor white, there were latinos with broken english, african americans complaining that they were being evicted because they didn't pay their rent, and large white women complaining about not having heat...even though they had heat)...anyways...who cares about these folks, in comparison to murder cases that have occurred in our neighborhoods?

i think i covered it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

murder is so last year.... bring on the springer
    bitches and their $40 propane!!!!!