Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So last night I'm playing poker...we are playing Omaha...for those that don't know Omaha is just like Hold' Em except you get 4 cards down...you have to play 2 of them and you can only play 2 of them...

So alright...cards are delt and I have A, A, 10, 3...suits don't matter...someone raised $ .50 before flop...I of course called...the flop comes... A, 4, 4...this gives me the best full house on the flop...I simply check it not wanting to show I have a strong hand and didn't want anyone to fold...I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to get some kind of a hand...and force them all in...everyone checks...next card that comes is a K...Kirk and Cal are the only ones in the hand still...Kirk bets $ .50 everyone calls...next card that comes is a 9...Kirk is first to act and bets $2...I then, feeling that Cal was about to go all in simply call the $2...assured I was going to win...I wanted him to go all in...and maximize my winning...just as I assumed...Cal goes all in...Kirk immediately calls and I call the all in as well...after all only one hand would beat me and it was very unlikely...that hand being pocket 4's...Kirk shows and he has pocket K's giving him a full house Kings over 4's...I show...and he sees I have him beat with my full house Aces over 4's...he congratulates me on slow playing it...

This is where I normally would have raked in all the chips...but...Cal then shows what is the only hand that would have beaten me...pocket 4's giving him 4 of a kind...it's kinda funny...each of us was certain we would win, and each of was slow playing our hand trying to induce an all in from the others...when we probably all could have gone all in at any point and each would have called...but anyway...I got screwed...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that is incredible.....

if i wanted to sound like a nerd...i would say.."I wonder what the odds are of that happening?"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Incredibly, last night, we had a very similar hand. the difference was that we were playing Hold 'Em. I was dealt pocket 6's. Flop comes 6c, 6d, 2d. I have four of a kinda, and have no desire to bet, hopeing that others will bet, similar to the way ek3 played the above hand. the difference being that i had the nuts (the best hand possible).

jason proceeded to make a 50cent bet, i called, as did chris. i put jason on a flush draw immediately as i thought for sure no one with a pair of two's would be betting like that. i had no idea what chris had. next card falls, it was not a diamond, but jason proceeds to go all in, i immediately call, as does chris. next card falls another non-diamond, and nothing that helps the board, i bet one dollar, just to be nice, chris calls, (he said later, he would have called anything i bet, and i don't blame him at all after seeing what he had.

as we begin showing, jason was simply playing pocket 3's. when he went all in, he did have two pair 3's and 6's, not a bad hand in hold 'em. chris flipped over his cards, he had pocket 2's, giving him a full house 2s over 6s. however, none of those beat the 4 6s i was holding, and i took it down.

i guess the most amazing part about the hand, was not only did we all have pockets (low pockets at that), but the flop helped all of us. chris got the full house, i got the 4of a kind, and with jason, only 2 or 3 hands could have beat him (anyone with a 6, or someone with pocket 2's).

anyways, it was a great hand, and later on in the night, a couple other similar hands happened, but the pots weren't quite as big, and i believe we were using wild cards but 4 of a kind beat full houses at least 3 or 4 times.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wild cards?...were any other girls present besides you 3?...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

no....it's just that after a straight year of playing hold em and omaha every single week, it's a nice change of pace to throw in a few different games.

it also makes the pots quite a bit bigger, because there's a better chance of someone having a good hand. and besides, most of the games that have wildcards are interesting in themselves, and the wildcard is just part of it, for example "Roll Your Own" and "Good, Bad, Ugly"