Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So...here's the story. We had a mouse in our garage last summer, when it started getting cold, I never saw him again, so i just assumed it had either moved on, or he got injured enough by one of hte mouse traps i set, that he made it back to his little nest and died peacefully (painfully...but still peacefully). I set out a total of 6 traps last summer, none of them actually having pieces of mouse on them, although i believe two or three got snapped, and the food (cheese or peanut butter) was missing....

So about a month or two ago, my wife saw it again in the garage. this time, i wasn't going to be easy and make the death quick....i had to find something that would work better. I also needed this to work quick, because we had a large 40 pound (18 kgs) bag of dog food outside....the mouse had managed to get in it, even though we had it inside a large rubber bin with very slick sides....i dont' know how he did it, but he did.

So...i go to Wal-mart and i'm looking at the different rat killing mechanisms...they've got traps of all shapes and sizes. they've got poison this and poison that. but the one thing that caught my eye was a small package that cost less than ALL the other items on the shelf. They were glue pads....

It's a small piece of plastic, with a LARGE amount of industrial strength sticky glue. the directions say to place these up against the wall, and or near the mouses entrance exit that it uses. i chose to put it in front of the hole which i thought he was using as his door.

Although i hate mice and most other rodents (it's not a fear of them, it's just a dislike for them, simply b/c they are nasty...and faster than me) i didn't want to make this an absolutely horrible death. i should have read the directions on this thing....to my knowledge, there is no poison in these glue traps...so it just simply latches onto the animals feet/legs/and other body part that touches this stuff.

what i'm assuming happened is the mouse, during one of this hurries to get in or out of the garage, ran across this little pad getting his feet caught in the glue....after struggling for some time, he leaned down to sniff at the substance in which case he got his entire mouth and nose stuck in the glue, cutting off his ability to breath.

Now...as i was saying, i didn't want this to be a really bad death for the animal, i just wantedto kill it...personally...suffocating is about the worst way to go...i've come close to passing out from suffocation in a pool, when i got caught under a floating mat....that sucks...

so...even though i'm glad the stupid thing is dead, and now probably in the city dump....i do feel bad that he had to go the way he did...

here are the pictures...

DeadMouse1
    DeadMouse2
    DeadMouse3

Senior Hostboard Member Babi BootifuL's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are so cruel... [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that is so fucking horrible i can't even begin
    to clearly state exactly what is going through
    my mind at the moment.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah man.. i like rats.. well domestic rats, ive had quite a few pet rats.

one was called 'buddy' after buddy holly, coz he had black fur around his eyes like the glasses buddy holly wore.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that type of trap works just about every single time. We had a mouse that would run through the office where I used to work from time to time. We caught it with one of those. It was during office hours, so we were working and all of a sudden we hear this noise. The mouse was caught in the trap, but was still alive. So I took the mouse and the trap outside and threw it in the dumpster.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

now that is harsh.....

but the mouse didn't bother you anymore, and i'm sure it was a lesson to all other rats....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No he didn't...

I believe I may have slammed the mouse/trap onto the ground before throwing it in the dumpster, but I can't recall for sure if that happened...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what a cute mouse...YOU'RE A MONSTER!!... [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned