Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Over my 24 years of life, I have never had an injury bad enough to get stitches. I've broken a couple bones in my body, but that is the worst I've ever had to endure. This past weekend, I got my first 4 stitches. I had a growth on my arm that looked a bit like a wart, but we weren't sure exactly what it was, so the doctor had to cut it off, and when he did, he cut out enough skin, it required the stitches.

I will have pictures posted once I have internet at my house again

Also, along the same lines, on the same arm, further up, i had a bump under the skin that had been bothering me for about 2 weeks, but thought nothing of it, because it really wasnt' that big of a deal. Wednesday, it started getting red, and sore, so i made an appointment to have the "wart" removed and have him look at this spot. he gave me some medicine for the spot on my upper arm, and told me to call if it got worse. it got much worse, it got bright red, started itching, and burning, and I though for sure i had a spider bite on my hands thatw as going to to eat all my flesh. went to the doctor this morning and he lanced it and got out a TON of puss and what not. i had all intentions of bringing my camera so cristi could get it all on film, but alas, i forgot the camera. i will have some pictures of the arm as it heals. right now, the center is a very DARK puple and the rest of my upper arm is a reddish color.

Senior Hostboard Member Babi BootifuL's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Eesh.. sounds painful and disgusting [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It really does sound like a spider bite the way you described how it looks and how it's developed.. Did you actually find out what it was? I mean, warts don't usually have puss in them do they?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, the spot on my lower arm, they didn't know exactly what it was, it was assumed it was a wart, but it had a few characteristics that were not consistent with normal warts, so that's why they cut it off, instead of freezing it. they did send it off to pathology to make sure it was benign, but i have no worries about that.

the spot on my upper arm, the doctor had no idea what it was, i've heard suggestions from other people saying that it might be one of several things, infected hair follicle, ingrown hair, boil, spider bit, infected insect bite...the list goes on and on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You and Kirk with your spider bites...he got one, one night while playing poker...he kept obsessing on it...kept saying he was feeling shit go numb and what not...eventually ended up going to the emergency room, it was nothing...I got one a week later and simply let it ride...it eventually got better...toughen up sissy...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont' know that it is a spider bite....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's the progress of my lower arm healing process

May 21st, the day after the procedure
    lowerMay21

May 22nd, two days after the procedure
    lowerMay22

May 23rd, three days after the procedure
    lowerMay23

<font color="#990000" size="1">[ May 24, 2005 02:52 PM: Message edited by: GravyTrain ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is the unknown "situation" on my upper arm...WARNING - PARTIAL NUDITY!!!!

Sunday evening, May 22 as the swelling started to get worse. I don't have any pictures before this, because there was nothing to take a picture of, it was simply a knot under my skin
    upperMay22

Monday morning, May 23, after my trip to the doctor's office. I really liked the bandage he used, so i didn't take it off for the picture.
    upperMay23am

Monday evening after a short workout and a game of softball. I believe my increase in activity is the reasoning for the severe redness, although cristi said that has nothing to do with it.
    upperMay23pm

Inactive Member admaniacameroneil's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

That looks pretty full on. I had stitches once. 3 I think. nothing special at all really. yep.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah that one on the top of your arm looks pretty serious [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah.. if i saw that on my arm id freak out.

also GT.. do you shave your chest? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast