Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poker....

TastinGood

i never said to go all in before the flop...you're right, doing that in 8's would be suicide.

i just re-read it and there's nothing you could have done. you had the best hand. him raising after the flop on a flush draw is pretty stupid

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

do you still stick with 60 skill, 40 luck?

TastinGood

im not sure if its 60/40, trying to put a number on it like that is impossible. all i know is it takes a little of both.

if you arent getting the cards to win, then it simply doesnt matter how skillful you are...you are going to lose. if you get pocket aces and I get 3 8 off suit, then there isnt much I can do with that....and if that happens throughout the night then it isnt lack of skill that made the difference, it was simply the luck of the draw.

however

skill WOULD come into play in that you must know when to fold shit hands (such as 3 8). in a friendly cheap ass game with low blinds, i can see where someone would call with a 3 8 just because it's so cheap to play that you can afford to try to luck into 2 pairs or something. this is why i hate small blinds because you get people calling you with shit hands where they wouldnt normally be in at all.

it's true to an extent what alison said that luck ends after the cards are shuffled, and in order to play well you must have some knowledge/skill to know what to fold and how to bet to maximize pot potentials when you have a stellar hand...however if a dumbass calls everything and lucks into something on the river then your skill was just taken down by someone that shouldnt have been in to begin with.

sometimes you can play a hand absolutely right and still get taken out....does that mean you arent a good player? nope.

so to answer your question....sure, i'll stick with 60/40. [img]wink.gif[/img]

TastinGood

thanks for posting on my board, btw...i dont usually get very many visitors [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12