Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my boss told us Monday that because all of us took the risk of starting this new company with him we are considered the "grandparents" of it. And, therefore, we deserve 3 weeks of paid vacation a year! That's a lot, especially considering I've only been here 6 months. Anybody new that comes in will only get 1 week and would have to wait and work up to 3 weeks in their 4th year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is sooo cool!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i only get 1 week of paid vacation, and i've been hear a year and a half, although they do allow me to take off every now and again.....and then "make up" the hours by working late some days, weekends etc, even though making it up sometimes is optional

TastinGood

where ya goin?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if you're talking to me...*shrugs*

I'm going to really spread mine out throughout the year. I've worked 6 months and have only taken one half day off for the Memphis trip. Apparently, it's starting to get to me. Though I feel fine, I was told earlier this week that I need to take some time off.

I'm going to take my first 2 days off starting the 27th of this month. Memorial Day is on the 31st. This will give me a 5 day break from work.

I have three options. I can (1) stay home, relax, and get ready to move into my new place (I'm to be out of my apartment by the 8th of June). (2) I can visit my dad in Missouri. I haven't seen him since last August and I told him on Christmas I was going to come in January. But, I'm afraid he'll be working and I won't get to visit much. I've called him, he hasn't called back. Or I can (3) go to Boston. I have several friends up there and one in particular that just moved said I could come visit any time. It's one of my favorite cities and it'd be a nice break.

TastinGood

I've not had a single day off in three years. Even when sick, I've been at work.

I'm such a trooper. [img]cool.gif[/img]

TastinGood

*double post*

<font color="#000099" size="1">[ May 06, 2004 07:32 PM: Message edited by: TastinGood ]</font>

TastinGood

er...that is because i have no choice...not becaise im a hard worker [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[img]redface.gif[/img]

TastinGood

hmm...i should have used my double post edit as the post in which to put that last post up.

and i should be using this time to correct the typo in that last post as well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

remember when we discussed discretion? forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast