Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Watched that movie again last night. Still think it's a pretty good movie. This time around though, realized that there are quite a few funny parts in it. Not just kind of "ha ha" funny parts, but really out loud laughing kind of funnies. Good movie. if you haven't seen it, it's a good movie to see if you are kinda bored, and wouldn't mind getting a laugh and an occassional scare. but i will warn you the little boy in the movie is really annoying

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*shudder*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Think I reviewed this movie before on my board too. Either the original theatrical release or the DVD, or both (?)

Jeeze, that's back to page-4 by now!

http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...ic&f=114&t=310

TastinGood

Shatz and I saw this opening night at the 150 back when it came out...

we gave it 4 thumbs down at the time and would probably do the same today!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can see how Shatzy would not have liked it, it did have a very strong religious background to the movie. As for jason, i now see that you didnt' like it, well because she didn't like it...as for my explanation of why i liked it...i took it as it was...entertainment. aliens aren't real, the movie isn't real, so you can use imagination to come up with all the loose ends. i don't care that there were alot of gaps and pointless items in the entire movie, but i thought it was good, it gave me a scare every now and then, it made me laugh alot, and i was entertained...i enjoyed it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Comic Sans MS, Verdana">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#42008c"><font size=2 face="Comic Sans MS, Verdana">Originally posted by GravyTrain:
    aliens aren't real</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

Shhh!! "They" will hear you!

TastinGood

rolleyes

Ya know...I forgot who I was talking to when I entered this thread...

You liked Final Destination. rolleyes Remind me not to come back here for movie advice.

"Swing Away"....rolleyes

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Comic Sans MS, Verdana">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#42008c"><font size=2 face="Comic Sans MS, Verdana">Originally posted by GravyTrain:
    As for jason, i now see that you didnt' like it, well because she didn't like it.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was conveniently overlooked...perhaps someone was too scared to test the hot water...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jason, didn't you watch Final Destination with us that one night...wait...no, you were on the verge of puking and chasing an invisible fly around in your bathroom, so I doubt you remember most of it.

And once again, the same with signs. Final Destination was entertainment. Does that stuff happen? NO!!! Will it happen...NO!!!! Do i care if it ever happens....NO...it was entertaining, the deaths were interesting, the suspense was great. the acting and overall idea was great....but, let me stress...IT WAS ENTERTAINING!!!!

TastinGood

Unfortunately I had previously seen Final Destination.

Just because something is entertainment doesnt mean it is a good movie.

Now let me also say that 'Signs' did have a few parts that were ok. One that I recall in particular was when Mel and whatshisname were running around the house cursing. That was decent.

It had potential...they just dropped the ball on the script.

And the casting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast