Thread: Sonic.....

TastinGood

How could you go outside without your coin belt on? The whole Sonic chain is based upon that coin belt.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it was kinda early in the morning....things like that happen

TastinGood

and excuses like yours (for them) are what let them continue happening.

as of this date, i will no longer eat at Sonic Drive-In's until the new year is upon us.

someone must take a stand against this unlawful behavior.

<font color="#000099" size="1">[ December 12, 2003 01:56 PM: Message edited by: TastinGood ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, i'm not going to back you on this one, i've still got the same coupons, so i might go back several times, in fact, i still have those 2 hamburgers sitting here waiting for me to eat them.

and i think i might start making up coupons, because they have never asked to see the coupons, and actually had to ask me the other day, what the coupon was so they could enter it correctly....

"umm...yea, i'd like to order a #1 meal with a shake, and i have a coupon for that for 1.50"...

i can see it now...it's going to be great.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went to Sonic last night, and again this morning for breakfast, and the same thing happened to me, on both instances.

Last night, neither Cristi or I felt like cooking, so we were going to do the fast food thing. We had gotten several coupons for some cheap food. including a buy 1 get 1 free No. 1 or No. 2. as well as a 99 cent frito pie. so i go and order getting that food as well as a supersonic size tater tot. the total comes to around 4.50 or so. the girl comes to my window, and she starts handing me the food, tells me the total and i hand her a 10 dollar bill. i then say...."Do you need to see the coupons or anything?" Her reply...."Did you say you want me to keep the change change?"

well, at this point, i'm not going to say, no, i want my money back as she is already expecting to keep it. so she gets my 50 cents or however much it was

then this morning, i order a breakfast burrito and use the buy one get one free hamburgers coupon, the total was around 3.50 or so. she hands me the food, pulls out a 1 dollar bill, and then "conveniently" has left her change belt inside, i just said go ahead and keep the change and i left.

now, don't get me wrong, i don't mind tipping all that much. but i have never tipped at sonic, and i don't mean to start now, but i was not even given the opportunity. it was almost required. it was only 50 cents both times, but that's my money, i'm not going to give it to someone i don't know, who probably doesn't need it all that bad....

now, everyone can think i'm a bad person, but that's how i feel, and it upset me a bit, although i did find it somewhat humorous.

TastinGood

Was it the same gal?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nope, different car hops

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by GravyTrain:
    the total comes to around 4.50 or so.

... and i hand her a 10 dollar bill

...so she gets my 50 cents or however much it was
    <font size="4" face="Comic Sans MS, Verdana">In Australia, that's a lot more than 50 cents.

I sometimes leave my 'coin belt' (a bum bag [img]redface.gif[/img] ) behind when I go on a delivery, it's really quite an embarassing experience because a) it's not like I've got a hard job b) it means I have to struggle with giving change and c) i don't like people thinking I'm trying to fuck them over into tipping me.