Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Let's assume that you are sitting at work, just doing your job....doing what you get paid to do. When the boss's son walks in the room, and asks if anyone wants to buy chocolate for a fund raising deal they are doing. The three gentelmen in the room all politely decline the offer to purchase said chocolate, especially since it is more reasonable to walk across the hall to the accounting office where a container is stocked with chocolates of all kind, free of charge. on top of that, two of them have children of their own, and one just doesn't care.

that is not a problem, in my opinion. what is a problem is when the child's mother (the boss's wife), shows obvious agitation at the fact that none of the 3 gentelmen want to buy candy from her son. the son, again returns, with the mother behind him, and asks again, focusing in on one individual, who happened to be on the phone with a client, and as soon as <s>I</s> he hangs up the phone, is asked if he has any money. he replies yes, and then is asked to buy, then begged to buy a candy bar. said young man repeatedly declines the offer, and the son and mother leave....

how low is that....i don't give into that crap, it is one of the reasons i don't feel that fund raising should be allowed in the work place. too much pressure to purchase from certain people. i don't like it...i don't like fund raising in general, much less pressure sales like that...

i'm upset about it....i'm done.

TastinGood

Solicitation on any level sucks ass. How much was the chocolate?

Every day people stop by here selling various shit or wanting sponsorship or advertising, etc, etc, etc.....GD!!!!

Here's what you should do. Get Cristi involved with Tuppaware or Avon or Amway..anything! Yanno, scratch that. Just make up a bunch of fake letters with like an Avon logo on them (and Cristi's name). Next time you are presented with a predicament such as yours, just say "Sure" and tell them that your wife is involved with selling avon products and you feel it'd be....bah...screw this idea.

just continue saying no. your boss cant be mad that you didnt buy that shit. i get mad just thinking about fundraisers! all those times when we were kids and they'd gather us together and try to make it sound like we would be hot shit if we sold a bunch of stuff. and while we're heading out selling their shit, theyre driving their cadillac's to the next school to deliver another sales pitch!

FUCK THE JOGATHON!!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dude...the jogathon ruled.....we got nearly a whole day out of class...and if you ran 10 laps, and had 10 sponsors, you won a bouncy ball and a notepad.....it was so much fun..

and actually, the idea of signing cristi up for one of those avon/pampered chef/premiere jewelry/passion parties/any other pyramid scheme is not bad at all...i wouldn't do it...but it's not a bad idea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you are right man, that is pretty freaking low. I would have been pissed too. I mean come on, if you are going to raise money you should at least actually do it. Instead of trying coerce the people who work for your dad. Laaaame

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the mother shoulda just bought all the damn candy
    like all other PTA mothers are obligated to do!!!

TastinGood

Several years ago my dad and I were at this place where we are quite familiar with the people that work there. Sitting on one of the guys desk (who makes good money...we'll call him Tom) was a little donation looking thing that said "Help buy these kids some playground equipment". There were also pictures of the "needy" kids. Upon closer review, my dad noticed that it was Tom's kids! No telling how many customers actually "donated" money so that Tom could go and buy his kids some playground equipment.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My friend Pam just told me something that is similar to what DJ posted.

"Where kirk works, people are always bringing their kids candy to sell....they do it in a very low pressure way....just set it in the break room and put the amount etc....it actually works pretty well, people help w/ fundraisers if they want, and don't if they dont want...anyway, one day, kirk was in the break room, and this guy was restocking the candy he'd brought....kirk asked what fundraiser it was for and the guy said, "oh, it's really not...it's just a way for my kids to make money." Kirk was so mad...this guy knows people buy it with the understanding that its helping a fundraiser...NOT providing their kids an income. what a jerk!"

That's no different than going door to door collecting donations and keeping them all to yourself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hate fundraisers as well. To me, thats like telemarketers just coming straight up to you in person rather than on the damn phone. But what I hate and detest even more is these companies "USE" children to push their product. How fucking low is that? What, your business not doing well, you can't think of any other way to help your business out than to target kids to push your crap? GGGGGRRRRRRRRR [img]mad.gif[/img]
    That's just wrong. Which is why when my son tells me he is doing "fundraisers" for school I won't take him to anyone but our family members. I'm not gonna push my child on anyone we don't know for some asshole behind a desk who can't get off his ass and raise some money his damn self. Fuckers!