Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i apologize for the horrible pun....but i just couldn't pass it up..."Saw", ladies and gentlemen, is the best movie I've seen in a long while, quite possible, the best I've ever seen. I love suspense movies, and this movie was full of it. On top of that, I like a little but if blood in my movies, there was plenty of that mixed in there. I like a pretty good plot, a plot that really makes you think (even though after you think about it more, you realize there are alot of holes in it). Quick scares....like people jumping from behind a corner....plenty of that...

anyways, I suggest to anyone, who doesn't mind getting the snot scared out of them....GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!! like i said, there are alot of holes in the plot, but if you are like me, you don't pick up on those holes in the plot until after the movie is over, you've nearly crapped your pants a couple of times, and you are just happy you went and saw the thing....

if you've seen it, i'd like to get some feedback about it....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As soon as I SAW this thread title I knew what it was going to be about.

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of this in Australia. Should be killer.

Inactive Member admaniacameroneil's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by GravyTrain:
    this movie was full of it..
    <font size="4" face="Comic Sans MS, Verdana">I was thinking about seeing it, but after such a rave review..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll probably wait for a rental.

<font color="#990000" size="1">[ November 05, 2004 01:05 PM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What bullshit hype in this thread.

Are you going to tell me that guy could just play dead on the floor for at least the 9 hours we know he was there??

Gimme a frigging break! I know it's "just a movie" and unlikely things happen but this was just nuts.

He laid on the ground that long yet all of the other things fell into place just perfectly? And the orderly guy was able to set up an elaborate computer system in the doctors house so he could monitor the doc and photog while he held the wife and kid hostage? The photog was able to take pics of the doc in the parking garage...WITH A FLASH...and not be seen or heard by the doctor?

And the doctor should have banged the hot asian in the hotel just to make the R rating more worthy.

And, yes, the acting was horrible. The worst was the photog (who I later found out was the writer of the movie so that explains that). Glover should be ashamed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

actually, after i saw it the second time, i was hoping this thread was going to die. the first time, i was so caught up in the twist at the end (which always makes me like a movie) i didn't even notice all the HUGE holes in the plot, such as the ones you mentioned. There were many other questions I had about the movie, but don't feel like going into them now. I still enjoyed the movie, and I do not regret paying the price of admission for the first time I saw it. The 2nd time i saw it, was horrible, I already knew the twist was coming, so i didnt' have the luxury of trying to figure out the killer.

it also didn't help the 2nd time around, that everyone in the movie thought they were sherlock holmes, and felt it very necessary to share with everyone around them who they thought the killer was, and why each person couldnt' be it.

i do apologize for misleading you on the movie, i really thought the thread had died.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I CAN'T watch it. I have THE WEAKEST stomach in the history of mankind. I can't handle any kind of gore.
    After Texas Chainsaw Massacer, I have sworn off of scary movies. I can't handle any more heart attacks or nervous breakdowns! ****

BUT, SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER,

does it REALLY show the guy cutting off his foot?
    does he actually go through with it?
    does it show you the whole event of him cutting off his foot or body part?
    How many people actually cut off their own body part in this movie?

I would like to know please *S Thanks!

<font color="#990000" size="1">[ November 17, 2004 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Genie_thegiggler ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if you are going to go see the movie...don't click this spoiler....although, it doesn't give away anything in the movie....i just know how i am about not wanting to know anything about the movie...

the spoiler isn't working, so just highlight all the text between the lines of periods...you will see your answer
    .................................................. ......................
    <font color="#6C9A72"> He does cut his foot off..however, they do not show him cutting all the way through the bone. it does show him breaking skin, and it bleeding, but then they cut away, and you just see blood splatter on his shirt. they do a very poor job of covering up as they "show" his stub later in the scene...although all they did was take a wet towel and wrap it around his foot...very disappointing in that regard </font>
    .................................................. ......................

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay so I just got back from seeing this movie and I agree with Gravy (his FIRST post) that it was awesome.

I didn't mind that the guy was on the floor the whole time, it was said during the film he had some frontal lobe shit going on and he seemed pretty good with medicines/poisons so what's to suggest he didn't give himself something like that.

Anyway, awesome awesome movie.