Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Starting trials of I.D. cards in England.
    What a waste of time ... they are hopeing
    (if successful) to impose them on things like driveing license and passports.
    They say maybe compulsary in 9 years.

Spokes person for peoples right to freedom came up with valid point ... "Your I.D. card is unlikely to state occupation .. international terrorist".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you have a link to where we can see what they look like? When you say ID cards, do you mean they're supposed to replace more "minor" cards, like a drivers license (or do you even have those there?). I'm curious.

I'm not a fan of any type of universal card, either. Too many people with access to my personal information.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heres a site with pic and info. I think they look like your driving license cards, me my driving license is like the deeds doc (lol) mind you I've never used it because i hate driving.

Before you ask at the time i was goed at work to get one and I got mine before the written test came into force.

http://www.privacyinternational.org/issues/idcard/uk/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just a tid bit of info regarding this topic. Look at it as a change...But not for the best. The change will moreless revolve around the government, Keyword "GOVERNment". Changes almost like the U.S.A. Maybee higher taxes, Higher or age limits inforced upon purches of certiam item's, Earlier curfew's, or maybee even more laws and restrictions.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A survey was conducted in the UK asking what info an ID card should contain; People chose the usual stuff name, address, age, photo, blood group, NI number etc but also elected that it should have the persons HIV status on it as well!!!

Can you believe it? uummmmm a step too far perhaps or is the whole thing an invasion of privacy?

Come in number 03561 your time is up

<font color="#990000"><font size="1">[ May 27, 2004 05:31 PM: Message edited by: paul adams ]</font></font>

<font color="#990000"><font size="1">[ May 27, 2004 06:58 PM: Message edited by: paul adams ]</font></font>

<font color="#990000" size="1">[ May 27, 2004 06:59 PM: Message edited by: paul adams ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We are all gonna be slaves to the "LAWS" in the next 10 years i figure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The next 10 years a lot of the U.S. citizen's are already "slaves" to the laws of the U.s., Take same sex marriages for instance. The government is trying to keep it from happening due to the Constution of America. The government states that it was based upon the bible. But how many diffrent religions are currently out there? And who is to justify who one can actullay care enough about, to get married to? Another thing that irratates the hell out of me, Is the fact theat you can go to war at the age of 18 for the U.S.. But you can's drink in a bar until your 21. Don't you think that it's alot of Bullshit? [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by DARKsyde:
    The government states that it was based upon the bible. But how many diffrent religions are currently out there? And...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...does nobody remember a little passage forgotten somewhere concerning seperation of Church & State?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Church and State... The government is so faciast that the power that they recieve goes dirrectly to there head. But anyways things change, This I do realize. But when a govermental official want's a new law, especially a president. There it is. Let's take the conflict in Iraq for instance, 2nd bush goes in to releave Iraq of there government to better it's people supposidly.
    But don't you think that it's possible that we (United States) are trying to force our rules, regulations, and laws upon the rest of the world.
    Is this for the benifiet of thier people or the benifiet of the United States?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have I mentioned how much I dislike Bush?

The fact that people think HIV status should be listed on that ID card is really offensive. When did government quit caring about its citizens?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast