Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a buddy that was headed home to visit his parents last Friday. He was going to work out some last minute details with them about his college graduation that was on Saturday.

He was driving on his spare because he had a flat the weekend before. Well, something happend, and the spare came off of his car while he was driving down the highway!

He pulled over to check it out and a cop pulled over to "help." He ran my friends plates and found that he had some unpaid traffic tickets and took him to jail! So, he spent all weekend and most of Monday in the slammer, missing his college graduation.

Fucking pigs.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

jail....???? for unpaid traffic tickets? i had no idea. but honestly, that is such a waste of tax payers money. so what, the guy drives fast, or runs red lights.....the amount of time, energy, and manpower to make sure your friend got to the police station, was it really worth it?

I assume he went in the back of a police car, which consumed gas, he had to be checked in, which i'm assuming an overpaid government worker of a police clerk had to do. he then had to stay in a cell of some sort, i'm sure they had to provide food, and i'm sure other things which i know nothing about. basically, why didn't they just say "Ya know what, since it is going to cost us just as much to take you to jail as it does for you to pay us the ticket fines, why don't we just call it even".

stupid pigs

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

this sort of fits with the thread....

i got a ticket for running a red light, but i pled not guilty (i was clearly committed to the intersection!). i think the department must have needed money, because when i went to court, they said they had 1200 cases that day for a court room that had enough seats for maybe 200 people.

i am just hoping that the officer that gave me the ticket doesnt show up for my trial, so it will be dismissed. otherwise, i think the whole trial will consist of me saying "i didnt do it" and the cop saying "yes he did." i will let you know how it goes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please do. I bet we could fill this thread with some bullshit stuff cops have done to us. Such as giving tickets for going 42 mph in a 35. BULLSHIT!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

or getting pulled over on the interstate because, and i quote directly from the police officer, "because you were in front of the car behind you"...yea, read that over a couple of times. it was because of that reasoning that she thought i was speeding. i told her i had my cruise set, and there was no way i was going too fast. she took my license and stuff and went back to the car to do a background check on me or whatever it is they do. anyways, she came back, and told me she was not going to ticket me for "driving too fast", but i did get a ticket because my friggin license had expired and i didn't realize it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, i went back to court yesterday for my "trial." fortunately, i never had to argue because the cop that gave me the ticket had "someplace else to be." i think he just didnt feel like waiting around for hours over a traffic ticket (i was there with people being tried for a wide variety of crimes such as: receiving stolen property, battery, resisting arrest, theft and so on.) so i got off scott free!

the moral of the story--fight every traffic ticket because the cops dont want to sit around and argue about it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you're right...I had a girlfriend that got a ticket for going 110 in a 70. For some reason she went to court to contest it and the cop never showed...she got off and never had to pay a penny.

This isn't the first time I've heard of cops not showing up to court. Which might be interesting for me because...

YEP, GOT ANOTHER TICKET LAST WEEK!

65 in a 50. Rediculous. It's gonna cost me $155. I'm seriously considering just going to court and seeing if the cop will show.