Thread: I've decided what I'm gonna do with my life...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm gonna try to win the lottery...I feel that way of life is exactly what I will need to be happy...I won't have to work hard to get it...I won't have to go to work everyday...I won't have to do anything...I won't splurge either...I will get a house about the size I have now and furnish it with suitable furnishings...invest the money however you should, to accumulate money off of it...basically whatever it's gonna take to get me out of having to work hard...so...I will begin buying $5 in lottery tickets every week from here on out...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how would you invest the rest?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Something that gains interest...I would have to research it...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Would you donate any? What if you won $1 Million, what would you do with that, apart from be very rich.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would not donate to anyone that has not helped me in some way or another...i.e. friends, family...anyone else can put there grubby little, begging hands back in their pockets...cause they ain't getting any handouts here...they could get out and work at winning the lottery just as I had to...instead of waiting for someone to give them something...it only takes $1 a day to play the lotto...bunch of damn free loaders...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know exactly what I'd do if winning the lottery. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Most lotteries that you hear about are when the jackpot is at least $50 Million +, so would first choose that 20-year payment plan. That way, you'd eventually receive the whole ammount (minus taxes), rather than cutting the jackpot in half for receiving it in a single lump sum (which will still fuck you up in taxes that year, ANOTHER 30% going to Uncle Sam).

That way, you'd get at least something on an annual basis for the next two decades.

But as I was saying before a tangent smacked into my forehead; I'd make movies, and make them exactly like I'd enjoy watching them. If by some chance someone became wealthy without spending his life toiling away at a career and then only able to enjoy his wealth after retirement, a LOTTERY would be the perfect time for a career-change!

Sake of argument, say you won a $50 Million jackpot. OK, paid over 20 years, that's 2 1/2 Million dollars each year. Minus 30% taxes, that's 2.2 Million dollars each & every year. Ya know, one year of basic living cost for me is pretty dirt-cheap. With budgeting, can easily get by on about $23,000/year.

Oops, gotta get offline. I'll finish this "What If..." a little later.

TastinGood

Of course in some cases you can come out ahead by taking the lump some.

Tell you what, if any of you ever hit the jackpot, I'll dust off my accounting books and we'll crunch some numbers.

Tastingood, uCPA

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

back to what I was saying...

Say, if after a lotto Jackpot, you had a spare million each year to put into the bank. I wouldn't deposit it. Instead, I'd make movies.

Remember "Project Greenlight"? Only thing is; "MY Film" wouldn't be a contest for the 'best' script. It wouldn't be spending million$ more for publicity. It wouldn't be working for a fucking screen-guild union wage.

They would show scripts I'd wanna see. Fuck the MPAA censors & their gawddamn g-pg-pg13-r-nc17 rating system. Maybe send it/them off to a film fest or two, but otherwise, Fuck publicity.

I want to make movies EXACTLY like they're envisioned. NO cutbacks or skimping. And none of these fucking corporate bullshit consessions "it'd make SO much more money if it was cut to a PG-13 rather than R rating" BULLSHIT!

If I had the money, would make MY movies MY way, and let the historians come up with their own reviews. That way, I would be somewhat "immortalized" in media. Christ, even the kid who used to play Eddie Muster is still signing autographs. Behind-the-camera, could do a lot more, and still be anonymous when in public.