Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    after picking my car up from the all tune and lube, i thought my car troubles were over for the next 4-6 months. to my dismay, however, i had a new problem before i reached home....

there are two buttons on my steering wheel that are used to operate the horn. i had made a habit of popping these buttons on and off as i idled at traffic lights. there had never been any problems resulting from this activity, so i gave it little thought.

as i was stopped at a light, i began to mess with the left button, when, to my surprise, two small springs fell out. i did not think it was a big deal, i quickly tried to put them back into place, but by that time i was in motion so the task was quite difficult. being the type of person to give up quickly at the first sign of difficulty, i put the springs to the side and pushed the button back into place. i thought it looked normal, so i decided to just let it stay that way when i got home.

the next time i was leaving my house, as i backed out of my drive to go to work, the horn went off a couple of times. i thought i had bumped the button, and with the springs gone, i assumed that it would be more sensitive. i thought, "just keep my hand away from the button and there will be no problem." as i got closer to work, i hit a bump in the road, which caused my horn to go off again. i found it funny and thought no more of it.

over the next couple of days, things got to be too humiliating. if i hit a bump or had to turn the wheel sharply, the horn would go off. when leaving the bp gas station not far from my home one morning, two coke guys were pushing cases of carbonated refreshment in front of my car headed toward the store. as i spun my wheel to begin turning, the stupid horn went off twice. humiliated, i turned my head to face the opposite direction. unfortunately, there was a car in front of me waiting to turn left, which forced me to sit there under the gaze of the the coke men (who stared at me until i turned, i kept glancing back). as i rode back home, i tried to get the button off, to make the insanity stop, but i found it quite difficult and it did nothing but make the horn go off even more as i rode down the street.

the final straw happened at the above mentioned bp gas station. this time i pulled up to the front door (just going in to get a coke), and as i did, the by then annoying, HOOOOONNNNNNKKKK sounded loudly for all to hear. as i went in, the people behind the counter gave me an odd stare, but i had hoped that they would assume that i had seen someone i knew on the road, and was honking to get their attention. when i got into my car to leave, there was an suv parked next to me with a little girl leaning out of the window. i prayed to the horn gods for help, but my prayer went unanswered....two lound honks made the girl jump to attention and her father, who, as fate would have it, was just walking out of the store in front of my car, give me an angry look. i quickly sped from the scene, my horn going off two more times before i got out of the parking lot.

i got home and popped the fucking button off with a needle, and have not yet put it back on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had a similar problem with my car alarm...the battery in my keyless entry had died...and my grandma happened to borrow my truck, just as this happened...she set the alarm and couldn't get it to unlock...so she just used the key to get in...causing the alarm to sound...she had to use my truck to carry some things to a storage building down the road...the one across from the EZ Mart...the alarm was sounding the whole time...I got home and she told me the story...she looked like she had seen a ghost...I guess the alarm had worn on her nerves...she said everyone was looking at her...but noone said anything nor offered to help...I guess everyone figured that an old lady wouldn't be stealing a vehicle...or, since I live in a black neighborhood, they just turned their head....since niggers don't like to snitch...

I was too lazy to hunt down a battery for my alarm...so I just disconnected the horn...letting the alarm continuously go off...although you would never have known it...after about 8 months...I turned the alarm off...the result of my actions: my fucking emergency break light flashes all the fucking time...*PARK*...*PARK*...*PARK*...*PARK*...*PARK*. ..*PARK*...*PARK*...is all I fucking see when I'm in my truck now...I tried to get the light fixed...it will go off for a little bit (a day at most)...and it will start back up...apparently I fucked up something in my truck's computer system...motherfucker...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Fibonacci:
    being the type of person to give up quickly at the first sign of difficulty...</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by shatzy:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Fibonacci:
    being the type of person to give up quickly at the first sign of difficulty...</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Good post!... [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

more proof of how her post count is so stinking high

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it was a good post....

BUT NOT FOR EITHER OF YOU!!! [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if that's the case...wouldn't a PM be more appropriate?...or maybe even a 'post it' note?...perhaps..."Hey Daniel, let's talk about this"...all would have been suitable...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmmm... perhaps.

but i wanted to quote his post!

what do you care anyways?
    its posted on your board [img]tongue.gif[/img]