Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like to think so. I really don't know how quickly they could get someone to replace me. And I can never take days off because when I do, they never get things completed. It's a weird situation. But, if I ever needed a day off, we'd really have to plan about a month in advance and make sure someone could come in to at least try to do my work.

So, yes. I am worth it.

TastinGood

Hmmm...

You should post some of your assignments here. I'd like to see if I could do it.

I dunno what you do really...but I always like to think that I can do anything. If I cant, I blame it on my back.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm thinking of asking for one. At the other company I was supposed to have a 3 month evaluation and if I was doing well, I was supposed to get a $1500 raise. Well, since that company closed that negotiation went out the window.

Now, everyone that came to work at this company took a pay cut (except me because I just started and they couldn't cut my starting pay), so I couldn't expect my $1500 raise from here.

But' I've been here now since November and am thinking of asking for a raise at 6 months...I think that's ok...any opinions?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok...I will

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i would also like to ask for a raise, i have a problem doing that for some reason...i know i'm worth b/c i've been told so. the only problem is that most of my assignments are in house programs and therefore, do not make the company any money. however, on other projects, due to bad planning and over working in many cases, some of the programs have bugs and have to fixed, which we can not charge for, therefore, once again, i make the company no money.

i don't know what to do...i would say if you feel comfortable asking for a raise...do it....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, you've been at your job for about a year now, right? Have you received a raise yet? If not, you should definitely ask for one. It's time. And, you're a good employee, they should compensate you for doing a good job every day for the past year no matter if it profits them or not monetarily...anything you do to make the company more productive helps them, which in turn should help you get a raise.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the only problem about that is, I have had a conversation with my boss about the very issue, and b/c of lack of productivity in some areas, apparently, it just isn't there to give me a raise.

i have a feeling in the next month or two, or three, if i put in some long hours like i was there for a while, and really start to finish some projects, i'll be asking for one

with cristi starting school this summer, the extra income will be greatly needed

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is one of about 8 jobs I had to do today. This is the easiest of them, but it's kind of a start from scratch ad, so I thought I'd be easy for you to figure out.

These are the directions I'm given. The ad is 4.97" wide by 2.968" tall (it's smal). The ad is black and white with the use of one spot color, cyan. Copy may be cut down if needed. If you actually try to lay this out, post your solution.

NOTE: must use a spot color blue in this Ad.

Idea #1
    Visual: (dropped out) wooden sign- two rectangle slats nailed on wooden post. Top slat says ?BEACH? with arrow pointing in one direction. The bottom slat says ?BODY? with arrow pointing the opposite direction.

Logo: Larry North Fitness

Copy: Bring in this Ad and receive a free 21 day pass.
    No contracts. Free parking.

? State of the art equipment
    ? Certified personal trainers
    ? Nutritional counseling
    ? Ocean front view
    ? Aerobic classes
    ? Yoga classes
    ? Kickboxing
    ? Cardio theater

2301 Collins Ave. ? Roney Palace ? Miami Beach, FL
    305-695-0021 ? larrynorth.com
    Mon. - Fri., 6 a.m - 11 p.m. ? Sat., 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ? Sun., 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.

I would have posted a harder job, but so many of them relate to previous jobs that nobody would have understood the direction given. Anyhow, have fun.