Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been having many bouts with Christianity lately...and I really just need to get it out and talk about it...

I did the whole Christian thing for a while...and I did it right...went to church, tithed, prayed, read the Bible...the whole shooting match...and I was no less miserable than I am now...and I have had many problems trying to justify serving someone that can show no compassion like God does...I never found anymore happiness in that period than the one I'm at now...never...and I just think if someone showed any compassion or tried at all for something I preached to them...I would reward them for their work...but then this always raises the argument...you should be thankful you have the things you have...and that you have your health...blah, blah, blah...why should I be thankful for shit?!...I never asked to be here...I was placed here for someones (God's) amusement what is there to be thankful for in that?...I never asked to be here!...why should I be thankful if someone forced me to move to some shitty country and forced me to live in a shack and be miserable..."well at least you are healthy and have a shack"...fuck that!...if I was a fucking mexican and wanted to come to America...and I got in...legally...and I stayed in a shitty little shack...I wouldn't bitch because I couldn't stay in a movie stars mansion...that is being a baby...I would be fucking thankful...because I wanted it...why should I thank someone for making something that He at times turns His back on it...and will let rot in hell because it didn't confess their sins in which HE made up...it never even asked to be created in the 1st place!...they are suffering solely because he wanted something to amuse him!...it's fucking crazy!...

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ June 04, 2004 02:03 AM: Message edited by: ek3 ]</font>

TastinGood

First you have to consider where Christianity comes from.

If Shatzy chooses to post here she may decide to talk a little about Slave Morality which is a deeper basis for religion. When allowed to talk about it in depth, it is very interesting to listen to. Unfortunately most people listen with a close mind and are not able to actually try to understand.

Modern Christianity is based upon a single book that no one knows from where it even originated from. For all we know, it could've been written by two jackasses like us that wanted to make some quick cash. How do we do it? Boom...invent a God and tell people he needs their money.
    Millions of people base their entire lives around this one book. A book that as far as ANYONE knows could be just as much fiction as Dr. Suess shapes the actions of people for their entire lives.

So as far as struggling as to why God is an asshole to so many people....maybe you should first consider why the hell he didnt plant a big billboard in the sky that says "Hey fuckers...I exist. Amuse me." At least that way everyone would know why the hell they're busting their asses down here to live for him.

The other day I saw on the Discover channel (yeah..I watch the boring channels) some kid that was in a bicycle accident and totally messed up his spinal cord up in his neck. He had virtually no chance to live, but somehow he did. Now he's even talking and can wiggle his toes a little bit.

In his interview he stated that now he knew there was a God because he was still alive. Well..er...where was God when ya got hit by the fucking car? Is this just a test of his faith? Why didnt God just have him lose a puppy or something.

I always find that amusing....like in Tornado's...
    "We just lost our entire house and all of our possessions. Thank God for being so kind to us!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wow...

TastinGood

I guess no one wants to try to explain God's side of things to you, Wes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

at least you did...and take it in a different direction at that!...way to kick it off!...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

at the time of reading the post, i didn't assume
    you were looking for 'help'. i assumed you were
    merely venting. if you want a long, drawn-out post
    about what i think... well you should already
    know what i think.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok, i guess i could play devil's advocate.

perhaps god could change everything to make everyone's life perfect but in his great wisdom knows that, while some may despair over it, freedom with suffering is better than a completely controlled happiness. think about it, do you feel better when you have overcome obstacles to accomplish something you wanted to do, or do you find it more pleasing to have someone take care of everything for you?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

there is a difference in over coming obstacles
    and never seeing an end to obstacles. in one
    sense you feel a great dignity and satistfaction
    in tackling an obstacle... but surely its a
    redundant, lesser feeling to encounter obstacle
    after obstacle after obstacle with only minor
    triumphs.... eh, sisyphus?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah...I realize I'm just another human...but if I need to test someone...it will take one test for me to justify their worth in my eyes...why is it necessary for God to do it repeatedly?...it's like a mom baby sitting a couple of kids...pops her head in every hour or so...and says..."just checking what you're doing"...how is that suppost to make me feel?...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well not only that....

but mom popping in on her kids and saying,

"your father was a sinner because his father was
    a sinner and because of that, you children are
    sinners and therefore i will make it my soul
    ambition to make you bust your ass for every
    little insignificant thing in order to win my
    approval... not that i'm guaranteeing anything..
    because you are still shit... so maaaaybe
    if you kiss my ass for a few decades and
    become mental/emotional slaves to my whim then
    i just may decide to forgive you of that nasty
    little sinful heritage you have going for you.

but rest assured, you little bastards, your children
    and your children's children will pay for your
    sins too........"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast