Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Recap ...

-REVENGE-

A glance at Jara as her phone went off and she picked it up, pausing as she tried to listen.

"H-- -o- t--re? Damn phon- -- o- the fritz! G-- J--a -- ge- d--n -- th- --d, o--y? Eve? Dammit!" And Steele hung up.

Bits were clear, but pieces needed to be filled in. She had to stop and think about it, but it didn't take much - get Jara and get down to the PSD. A chill slid down her back and she closed the phone up. "C'mon. We gotta get down to the PSD. I think something's going on."

Needless to say, Steele was *not* in a good mood. He, along with Stacy, Jara, and Eve had been lured to where the PSD should have been, except it was an empty field. Tohmas and Stacy were first ...

"A field. A fucking field. You have to be fucking kidding me."

Steele knew the answer to that one, but sometimes it was worth a shot to ask the question aloud, in hopes of making some sense of it all. His instincts knew that it was too good to be true - things were going too smoothly.

But after all they had went through? Maybe, just maybe, the fates were balancing the scales for a change, giving them a much needed break.

Right.

The writing was on the proverbial wall all this time: The missing Daemons. The lack of their presence should have sent warning bells a-blazing. No; they were given the ultimate distraction of all ...

Their hearts desire.

Eve had a vision of some kind, the first in a long time since ... he wasn't sure when. The abilities that she possessed had been pretty much inactive since their return to the supposed *normal reality.*

"A field. A fucking field. You have to be fucking kidding me." Oh yeah. That comment? It was due partly to a small minor detail that the PSD was gone. Poof. Vanished. Didn't exist. Steele found himself standing at the entrance to a field.

"T-Tohmas? What ...? Where ...?"

The troubled and slightly scared voice belonged to Stacy Hanson, Empath. She stood before him now, minus her white lab coat, instead a typical looking 18 year old, very confused girl, on the verge of tears.

"I w-was in the middle of a session with Evan when I felt sick to my stomach. Everything want screwy for a second, and next thing I knew, I was standing out here ...In the middle of nowhere."

Something caught Steele's attention then, taking his focus off Stacy.
    Then ....

-REVENGE-

Just as quickly as it began, Eve's vision ended. But during that time, Eve noticed something else ...

The door of Eve's car where Jara had been standing was still open, but she was nowhere to be seen. A small breeze blew, the only movement in the immediate area.

"Jara?" Eve looked around, turning as she did so. "JARA!" ... What was going on here?

-REVENGE- Simply stated, by the Daemon Lord that suddenly stood before her.

-REVENGE- Simply stated. And he too was gone.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"What the fuck just happened???" Steele muttered, looking about. Stacy also had similar expression as the duo found themselves standing out in the middle of nowhere, now staring at an equally startled Jara.

"WTF??? Eve couldn't get your message , and we drove down here, but the PSD was missing and ..."

Steele clamped a hand over her mouth ... "Where is she, Jara?"

Giving Steele a rather annoyed look, the young Asian woman motioned behind her, then wildly looking off in every possible direction. "I swear, she was right behind me, getting out of her car!! What the flying fuck??"

Steele was even more pissed, since he couldn't find his phone ... "This reeks of fucking Daemons big time. By the numbers, you two. Jara, see if you can detect anything out here, especially Evan. Stacy, head back to my car, and have the engine runnin'. "

Steele did not like this at all. The PSD was gone, missing, and now Eve. This held no rhyme nor reason, since he was usually their chosen target ... Why isolate Lizt? What was he missing?? Jara had searched a decent enough radius before Steele called her back. Frowning, she had not detected any sort of paranormal signatures. It was like a dead zone was swallowing her senses.

Stacy had the same thing going on, where her empathic abilities were not working either. The trio was soon high tailing back to Tohmas' condo, where Jara breathed a sigh of relief. "At least that hasn't changed. " Once inside, Steele had Jara pull up everything they had on Eve and her trips through various alternate realities.

Stacy was busy trying to contact any affiliate, with little or no success. It was like the PSD ... Never existed.

"Kay boss man, I compiled everything we had, including some things she had told me off the record. She had this thing about mirrors, which we never really looked into, yanno? It was what she ... Eve????"

Jara about did a double take, for one second she could have sworn she saw Eve, though the moment went by too quickly to figure out where. But eve was looking right at her!!!!

"Steele ... It was Eve. I saw her. But my powers don't work that way ... I only see spirits of the dead ..." She wouldn't finish that line of thought, as all inside the room became very quiet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stacy tried every thing she knew about GPS', but Tohmas' cell phone had vanished into thin air. Just like Eve, and her car. Find one of them, find them all? Wasn't that usually how it worked? Hell if this sort of thing *never* happened on any of the CSI shows.

Jara had not exactly been idle during this time either. She had taken over for Stacy, searching the data base of any information pertaining to the PSD. Save for countless Internet groups? It *never* existed.

Tohmas was efforting to look outside the box, checking into things like where Eve used to work prior to them meeting. The Coffee Shop owner remembered her, as did those that worked with her. Even was given a message to tell the elusive one that she was a Godmother now.

Eve's records were still at Stonebridge, and her parents still lived at the same residence. Bottom line? The Daemons plucked her out of this reality. Again. Only this time, he and the others were left behind.

Evan. He was their only link. He had also not been heard from, granted only Eve and Jara could sense the boy whenever he was within a certain proximity, Jara was not sensing him now.

"Hey Tohmas, I may have something, but you're not going to believe it." Stacy replied, while leaning back into her chair, working out the kink that was developing in her neck, while running a hand through her hair. "Whatcha got for me?" Steele making his way over to where Stacy was perched in front of her laptop. "A dead zone. Where the PSD used to be. It all keeps coming back to that same spot. Eve's car was there, and then ... Nothing. Same with your phone. Jara's phone? My phone? Nothing until we left that radius, and then there you go."

Jara had taken a small break to snag some powered donuts, when she overheard bits and pieces of what Stacy was explaining ... "Hey, I had a weird thought, which isn't so weird considering what we do. That dead zone ... Isn't that about where we had the knock down drag out melee with the daemons, and Steele from the dark side? And wasn't that the same spot, granted via another alternate reality, where Eve touched that artifact with all the strange markings? Was it me, or did any of you noticed her abilities stopped working after that?"

"Until the other day, when she had a dream ... Or vision." Steele would mutter. "The whole thing about the mirror. What was it that she was so afraid of. The same thing the Daemons are now keying on, no doubt. Take the elf out of her comfort zone, and away from us. She's been close to cracking before, but always had one of us to be her safety net. Let's hope Evan is with her then, because I'm not buying that she's dead, Jara. Don't know what you saw, but I'm not buying it."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ever hear a Daemon scream? They sound like some unholy squealing pigs, really. Especially when you know how to hurt them. They've been pulling some seriously fucked up mojo of late, putting all of us throw our paces at one point of another. Me? Being a former Walker of the Realms, it was almost second hat with all the random reality jumps. Carrying such a responsibility ... Burden cost me my soul.

Redemption came in the form of one Eve Nora Lizt.

I'm still working out the details on how she got tied into all of this, but Jara recently narrowed it down to what haunts her behind the mirror. There lies the irony considering we never had the chance to explore Eve's *personal demons.* Granted she had her own reality jumps, meeting numerous versions of herself, including one that stayed with her, in the form of a spirit. A male version, but the way she tells it, he was more like a twin sibling, Evan N. Lizt.

Both were MIA.

Where was I? Oh yeah, Daemons and squeals.

There were easy enough to find, provided you knew where to look. Even without the vast resources of the now non existent PSD (Paranormal Special Division), we were still able to find a few hot spots, namely Goth/Rave clubs and tattoo parlors. It was like being in Blade. Not that having that bugger right now wouldn't hurt. We did get another ally though in Kaleb Johnson, who also had a few run ins with Daemons.

"You better be giving us some answers and soon bub. Kaleb has a real shot temper, and you're not helping matters. I know you can understand me, so for every time I don't hear what I like, you're going to lose a body part, which is going to be fun since you can regenerate.

The fuckers made it a mistake by making it personal, and taking away someone I cared about. Love hurts, and these sons of bitches were going to find out how much. Shit, those TV boys on Supernatural?

Got nothing on us.