Jara wouldn't ask the typical question of 'are you okay?' She knew the answer to that already. Running a hand through her hair, she'd wait quietly until Eve had composed herself enough to talk. On the bright side, she was getting her appetite back! To those that were concerned or nosey enough to look over there, it appeared to be nothing more than one of the girls having relationship problems, maybe having found out her man was cheating.

Where Jara was regaining her appetite, Eve had lost hers. She wasn't sure exactly how long she'd sat there, but it felt like a long time; then again, having everything suddenly play itself out in her head all over kind of had that effect on her. She'd closed her eyes, pressing the heels of her hands to the lids, a frown tugging her lips. Yay, fresh, raw emotion all over again. Letting a breath hiss out quietly, she then cleared her throat. "Okay. And Steele waking up when he did - coincidence?" Weird one if it was, but that one hadn't been answered in the onslaught. "... And what's going on with you and Evan?" Her voice was a touch on the dry side, but otherwise steady, even.

After giving her order, Jara looked back over at Eve and drew in a deep breath before letting it out. "Mmm, which question you want me to answer first?" Still watching her carefully, only because her friend had a habit of trying to take in and absorb too much information at once.

"Either/or." Eve shrugged and picked up the spoon stuck in the dish that held the remains of her mostly melted hot fudge sundae, toying with it.

With a small shrug of her shoulders, Jara flipped a mental coin. "The questions is what is going on with *you* and Evan? He's not too keen on Steele right now, and he's only been around long enough to make sure you'll be alright before leaving again. Been arguing with him that he really needs to talk to you first. He's not taking being killed too well, if you know what I mean. As for Steele waking up the same time you did, the jury's still out on that one. Maybe you two are connected after all those Reality Trips together ... considering you're not going together or anything." That's when that semi-sly grin emerged, just in time for her order to appear!

"Yeah. I know what you mean." Softly, and she nibbled her lower lip briefly. She wasn't taking being the killer, even if inadvertently, that well either. "I do want to talk to him, but I don't...I really get why he doesn't like Steele much anymore, and ... and he's barely said two words to me." And what he *had* said was on the chilly side.

... Note that she *didn't* respond to that comment about she and Steele going together. Distracted a bit by thinking about Evan, and she just ... didn't want to go there. Hard to know what to say about that!

"Kiddo, you're not that dense. C'mon, it was Steele that pulled the switch that had you shoot him. Dark side or not, it was still *him.* How would *you* feel? He did help kill a lot of people during that whole alternate Reality thing. Granted, Doc Hanson somehow showed up here, but he lost his whole Reality, and now he's a ghost ... again. And Evan knows that there's something between you two. You two need to talk and soon, before he up and leaves - if he hasn't already. He's been crafty enough to keep out of my range most of the time." She took her time stuffing her mouth.

"Yeah." Eve sighed, sinking back into the booth, fingers linking in her lap. "I wanna talk to him ... *if* he hasn't pulled his final disappearing act." She was hoping not - really hoping not. She was hoping she might catch him about in one of those quieter moments - preferably either alone or with only Jara around. Or at least *someone* that wouldn't think she was completely batty.

"So? Go find him. I don't expect you to call him right here inside the parlor; you might get a few looks thrown at you. I have a feeling he's still lurking. My SUV has tinted windows." And Jara left it at that, before returning to feasting on that wonderful dish of ice cream, already debating what her second helping would be.

Eve stared at the for a second, but she was perking up. "Okay. Then gimmie the keys to the pink monstrosity." Keys in hand, she was quick to get up, grab her jacket. "... Back in a few." One way or another, as she figured it.

Getting into the driver's seat, she locked the door and sighed, resting her hands on the wheel. Rather than putting them in the ignition, the keys were in her jacket pocket. "... Evan? Are you here?"

Nothing at first, then came the goose bump chills and her breath could be seen misting as the inside of the SUV became unusually cold.

And like an out-of-focus image, Evan slowly appeared not beside her, but in the back seat, with that Lizt empty doll eyed expression.

Locking the doors, Eve half-turned in the driver's seat to look around, stormy eyes lighting on the transparent figure. And now that he was there ... what did she *say?* "Um ... hey." Soft voice, and she wasn't wearing a matching expression; she was a bit tentative, unsure how to go about this, and looked it. "How are you?" Yeah, that probably ranked up there with the stupidest things she could possibly ask, but she wasn't sure where else to go with it.

"As expected. You?" Needless to say, it was weird was beyond words. It wasn't like this when he was killed before. There was little or no emotion in his voice. "Have to assume you remember everything now, right?"

"Yeah, I remember." She hadn't answered the first little question because she wasn't quite sure *how* she was just yet. "Jara kinda ... clued me in. In that sledgehammer between the eyes way." Clearing her throat gently, she draped an arm against the back of the seat to help keep herself turned. "I'm sorry, Evan. That was the last thing I ever wanted to happen."

"You didn't do it. I don't blame you." Matter of factly spoken. "Then you also know that I'm seriously debating leaving now that you're back on your feet." Staring at her, Evan shimmered for a moment, before returning.

"Yeah. Jara mentioned something about that." She took a deep breath. "She also mentioned that you don't exactly like Steele now, which ... I guess I can't blame you for. I mean ... in some ways, I'm not sure why *I* even trust him after - "

"Because you have feelings for him."

" - that, but ... I do." Ugh. This just sounded so ... so childish! Eve sighed at herself.

Then caught herself staring at Evan for a moment. "Yeah, okay. I do. But I also know that that wasn't *all* him. I mean ... it was *part* of him, but ..."

"And Jara says it was his evil side, but like I said, it was still *him.* So ask yourself, where did that evil half go when it was all said and done?"

"Of course it's part of him. But we *all* have those parts, Evan. If you or I were split up like that, do you think it would be much different? That's what evil *is.*"

Suddenly it became colder inside the SUV; even the windows fogged up, and Evan actually *glared* at her just then. "The fucker killed me, okay! You're still fucking flesh and blood! Don't give me that *bullshit!*" Poltergeist? Pissed off spirit? Well, Evan was seriously venting some Karmic vibe to the point that Jara's windshield got a nasty sized crack in it. "You were the closet thing I had to a family, and I came back *twice!* Aarrrgh! You ... you..." He looked so sad right then, and he begin fading from view.

Eve had pulled back at the look on his face, and jumped at the crack in the windshield. It took a second for her recover, get her heart out of her throat. Regardless of whether he faded or not, she talked. "Evan. I don't care if you *are* me or not - you're family. Dead or alive, you're like the twin I never had. You're the only person that's ever actually understood what it's like, and I'm sorry that happened. I wish I could change the entire fucking mess right now, but I can't. I understand you're upset and I want to help you through it, but if you want to leave ... I can't stop you." She was pretty much powerless in that department, but she had the feeling that things would feel a lot more empty than usual - sort of like before. "But I don't know what else I can do." Softly murmured, and she shifted around in the seat to look through the windshield, absently eyeing the crack in the glass.

Jara came running out to the SUV, knocking on the passenger side window frantically. "Open up! C'mon!" That wouldn't have anything to do with the crack on her windshield, would it?

Eve unlocked the door and opened it, even went to the point of sliding out of the seat and offering the keys to Jara once again. "He was upset." To say the least.

"No shit! I just got a call from Dr. Hanson! He's at the PSD!"

"Dammit." She darted around to the other side of the car to get back in.

After they switched sides, Jara was about to start the SUV when she noticed the sizable crack in the windshield. "What the fuck? Eve? What the fuck?" Okay, so she didn't notice the crack before. Needless to say, Eve heard 'what the fuck?' a few more times on the way to the PSD.

"That was Evan. I'm telling you - he's pissed, especially at Steele. I think he blames him for everything." In a manner of speaking. Eve was flexing her fingers, but otherwise managed to keep still on the drive.

"What the fuck!? " She had to get it out one more time before they arrived.

It appeared to be an isolated incident since there weren't too many guards running about the place; in fact, they had Evan Contained by the time the two arrived at that part of the building. Dr. Hanson was talking to a few techs while she held an ice bag to the back of her head, where a nice sized goose egg was evident.

Upon seeing the girls, she met them half way, and gave a shake of her head, then cringed when she did. "Ow! Um, guess you get the message, huh? That boy has a temper on him. Thank God, we're prepared for things like that."

This ... this wasn't the Evan she was familiar with. He reminded her more of one of those darker, scarier, more vengeful souls that had scared the living daylights out of her growing up ... "Yeah. I don't ..." She gave up on trying to explain things, even if to herself. "He's upset. That's all I know. Is everyone okay?"

Dr. Hanson couldn't help but give Eve a *well, duh!* look, before pointing towards a room down the hall. "Steele's down there. Broken arm, and some killer bruises, but he's okay." She pointed in the other direction. "Evan's in Containment. He won't turn solid, but he's there. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find some Advil."

Jara just jammed her hands into her pockets, while watching Eve.

Sighing, she looked at Jara and raised a brow. She wasn't sure what to do - go see Steele, or see if Evan might have calmed down. She kind of figured there was a fat chance of that, though, and so walked in the direction of Steele's room. Of course, he'd mentioned that Evan had filled him in on what happened, so that lead Eve to wonder exactly what he'd said. "This is all going to be another mess, isn't it?" Muttered under her breath as she approached the door.

Steele was looking out the window. He had one arm in a cast and sling, with various other parts of his body covered with bandages, cuts and bruises. Seeing Eve's reflection in the glass, he glanced over his shoulder. "Hey, you."

"Wow. I leave for a little while, and look what happens to you." She had a smile when she said it, but there was a shadow lingering just behind it. "Should I even ask how you're feeling?"

"If not for the meds, I'm sure I'd be in some serious pain." A small smile lingered for a moment, before it became serious again. "Luckily the ground broke my fall. How's Evan?"

"In Containment." Eve shrugged gently. "I Saw him just before he showed up here. He's not ... he's not like I remember him." Shaking her head gently, she looked at him again. "... Did he say anything to you when he filled you in after you woke up?"

"Kid's been through a lot. Dying once is one thing, but twice? Been there. And are *any* of us like you remember? Even yourself?"

"Yeah, I realize that, but he's different. *Really* different. He kinda gives me the same vibe as the trapped and/or vengeful spirits that screwed with my head so much growing up." Truth told? Eve was a little afraid of Evan after this little episode. "But I notice you didn't answer the question."

"He touched base on a few things, but he ... filled in the gaps his second go round. He blames me, and I don't blame him."

She sighed. "Yeah." What could she even say to that? She didn't blame Steele, but she could see Evan's reasoning, too. "It was harder on him, the second time." Softly, a frown tugging at her mouth as she glanced back towards the door.

"Hey, go see him. He's hurting, and he needs you. I know you two had quite the bond. Alternate Reality be damned, you were more like friggin' twins. Go check on your brother." He offered her that winning smile.

"Okay. I hope he's calmed down a little." Hoping, but not betting on it. She went over and pressed a kiss to his forehead. "Behave and don't do anything else to get banged up while I'm gone, hmm?" A flash of her own little grin. "I'll be back to see you again soon." With that she left, and headed off to see Evan. Along the way, she did some deep breathing, consciously kept herself still - all as her expression went blank, eyes empty.

The guard on duty glanced at her as she approached, before looking over at the door that led into the Containment Chamber. "You here to see Lizt? Good luck. He hasn't been too social since they put him in there. Be careful."

"I wouldn't imagine so." The words were quiet, but she didn't pause after that, instead opening the door and stepping inside.

To the untrained eye, the Containment Chamber appeared empty, but the countless monitors, sensors, and other devices told another story. Aside from that, it was very quiet inside.

Eve took a moment to look around, to step over and look at the monitors and sensors as if she really understood any of them, before sighing and looking at the chamber itself. "Evan ... I know you're there."

There was no response, save for the soft hum of the machinery.

"Okay. Yeah." She thought to just turn around and walk out, but that wouldn't really help anything. "I don't know what you actually hoped to accomplish by this, Evan. I mean, it's not like killing or hurting him is really going fix anything. You're pissed, and understandably - I mean, even *he* understands the reason. Who wouldn't? But doing something like this and getting yourself confined isn't going to help a damned thing. I love you like a brother, and I think Jara's worried about you, too. We're both here, but neither of us can really *do* anything until you seriously wanna talk. And I will. Day or night. It's family." Close as she really had. Not really expecting a response, her hand fell on the knob to go back out.