Jara sat on the edge of Eve's bed with a smile. No witty jokes, no trademark blunt statements, just a smile. Why? Because it was a countdown - 30 minutes left, in fact.

That was all the time Eve had left until - wait for it - The date! With a smile, Jara quietly watched Eve prepare. This, in itself, was right up there with Jara sliding off the hood of the car.

Nervous? Just a bit. Given that she'd never *been* on a date, she really didn't know exactly how to dress for one, and Jara seemed to be taking amusement from watching her prowl through her closet and drawers, looking for just the right thing. Luckily, she'd already showered and done the majority of getting dressed, and stood now wearing a black robe and holding up two dresses, neither of which was below knee length, and trying to chose one. Blue, or black? A switch between each, looking down at herself, before she finally looked at Jara. "Okay. So which one?"

"Mmm, let's go with what we know. Black, cause that's all he wears. And to think, this is the easy part of the date." And that grin returned.

Eve had to grin a little. "Why did I even bother asking?" The bright blue was rehung, and she went about taking the black off the hanger, pulling out a pair of shoes to go with it. "Yeah. We're *supposed* to try not to talk about the PSD and all the stuff that's happened, I think. We'll see how that goes." She'd give it a shot, but she didn't expect that to be easy, given that was quite a big chunk of their lives.

Given that Jara was a girl and had the same parts she did, Eve didn't think much about slipping the robe off and easing into the dress. At least she matched; matched black set underneath it, too. Setting the thin straps to rights on her shoulders, she smoothed it down the length of her body, peering down at herself. It fit quite well, embroidered silver at the lower hem of the skirt, which was a few inches from her knees. "You can't be telling me dates get worse from here on out." Well, so long as the guy wasn't lame, she supposed.

"Weeell ... There's possible dancing, guess you're okay there." She smiled "Dinner ... And take it from me, you don't want to out eat your date. Oooor eat too little, and have your stomach all growlin' and stuff."

She glanced at Jara for a second, seeming to process that information, then let out a slow breath. "Yeah, gotcha." But wasn't it a little different, given that Steele already knew her? He'd seen a lot of her habits - not all, but many of them. Shrugging it off, she sat down on the side of the bed, leaning over to get her shoes on. Black heels, low enough she could walk in them without doing a major balancing act, but still high enough to be sexy.

Eve threw the other woman another look. "I can't imagine him on the dance floor." Oh yeah. She'd have to try that one, just to see. Getting back up, she donned a pair of earrings, checked the pins holding her curls back from her face, then looked at Jara, opening her hands a little for inspection. She even had on makeup - a slick of blush colored gloss and a smokey hint of eyeliner around her eyes. "Okay, so ... how do I look?" Having a major dislike of mirrors *did* have a downside.

"Well, you won't have to worry about the goodnight kiss, because you both stay here. Or will you?" Was Jara loving this? Mmm ... Dehm skippy! "Wow, walking, check. Dancing in those? Nuh-uh."

"Sure I can." As if to prove her point, Eve swayed her hips a little, then did a quick spin or two in the heels. "You're talking to a girl that used to make a game of how longer I could balance on my tip-toes in those ballet slippers." Besides, she didn't see herself pulling any major moves by the end of the night, and if she did ... well, the shoes could come off as easily as they went on. "Besides, you didn't answer the question. Hot or not?"

"Ballet?" *Grins.* "So, is this a friend date, or a *date* date? How far will he go? How far will you *let* him? And you're crazy hot. If I were packin', my wood would be hard." *Never* ask Jara a direct question like that! "And those heels? Pumps and bump. Thumbs up. So how far? Four pitches outside, and he makes it to first via a walk? Hit by a pitch? Bunt single? Double? Triple? Home run? Inside the park? Will he be caught ... Steele-ling?"

"Yes, ballet. Go on, crack jokes, but dance kept me sane." But yes, she *should* have known better than to ask Jara, but the response made her laugh. As always, the woman was as blunt as a hammer. Eve wanted to ignore the rest of the questions. She really did, but she found herself giving Jara a dubious look, cheeks flushing *just* a tad. "Huh? Um ... I don't ..." Well, that was *supposed* to come out as a no, but Eve ended up just shaking her head, then reached up to adjust one of the little clasps in her hair, one that was pulling a little. "If nothing else, I can always expect you to ask the hard-hitting questions, Jara." Followed with a little dab of perfume.

"Mum said I should have been a reporter when I was growin' up. You hav' lipstick back up? So, how far ye plan on goin' wit' him?" Letting her natural accent slide through. "Do I need to have head phones on? Oops, uncharted territory" Grins! "Hav' ye ever slo' danced? Tricky if ye don' kno' how. And to trip an' fall?" -Cringes- "Dood. I jus' wan' t' hav' ye thinkin' about all o' tha'." She smiled. "An' right when ye kiss? You'll hear me sayin' *ba da duuunnn!*"

With a roll of her eyes and a grin, Eve turned to face Jara. Yeah, great, make it all a wee bit more daunting for the little nerd! "Jara! I'm already nervous enough, so *please* don't make me freak out." Anymore, but that was left unsaid. She gave a curl of her fingers and a shake of her hands, trying to ease the tension. And then caught herself looking at her forearms - or the scars there, to be more exact. "Oh, great." Not that she had many options for covering those up; either keep a jacket on all night, or gloves, which she didn't have. A slow exhale, as there wasn't much point worrying about them now.

"Hey, they don' stand out. Really." Serious look that time around, knowing her friend needed to hear something positive right then. And right on time, as a vehicle was pulling up. "Hey I never got a chance t' tell ye about Damion. I'll be waitin' up ... Jus' in case. " She winked. "Go get 'im, girl! Want me t' go downstairs wit' ye?"

The scars might not have stood out, but she *felt* like they did. Paranoid? Just a little. Shrugging it off, Eve drew a deep breath and released it - just in time to hear the car pulling up. "Oh yeah. You've still gotta tell me about your boy-toy. Hope you didn't scare him too much, drooling and all." Spoken with a grin as she opened the door.

A pause, and she looked back at Jara, grinning again. "Sure. You can walk in front of me, in case I fall." Sweetly, but all in fun. "But seriously, come on. You've stuck with me this long, so you might as well see me out."

How weird was it to be picking someone up from your own place of residence? Not too bad, since she was like a roommate. Hell, going through all that they have, this date should have been a walk in the park. Push come to shove? They had their work to fall back on, even though both agreed *not* to talk about that.

Dressed from head to toe in his traditional black, only this time with a more stylish vibe, he noticed the light in her room was on. Heaven only knew *what* those two were talking about. Or what *Jara* was talking about. With a smirk he let himself in, and made a bee line right for the media room in hopes of catching some ESPN before Eve came downstairs.

With Jara involved, it was sure that there was some teasing going on, mostly on Jara's side. Eve could be heard laughing as she gave up trying to get Jara to take the walk down first, and headed down herself. It was a little different walking in the heels, but she adjusted quickly, managing *not* to fall and damage or make an idiot of herself.

Pausing at the foot of the stairs, she glanced around. She knew she'd heard someone ... and the answer came quickly, with the sound of the TV in the media room. "Wow. I think everyone that comes in here makes a beeline for this room." Pausing in the doorway, she had to grin a little, and there was just a touch of nervousness in it.

He glanced up from the TV, and a small grin appeared. "Eve ..." A whistle followed that. Was he nervous? Not in the least. He was a custom made from head to toe, wheelin' dealing, limo ridin', jet flying son of a gun! Ladies go crazy for a sharp dressed man! - ZZ Top. -

And Eve? She's got legs, she knows how to use them. Also, ZZ Top. '80's night, any one?

"Okay, ye crazy kids, huddle up fer a picture!" Jara was smiling like the Joker from Batman, motioning with her digital camera.

Steele shook his head, walking over to his *date.* "We better do this." Sliding his arm around her waist, Steele smiled down at Eve before Jara barked at them to smile and look at her.

Managing *not* to bite her lip, Eve grinned at him a little mischievously. Wow; he was hot before, but black was definitely *his* color. "Hey, Tohmas." She was able to let go of a little of the nervousness; it was a new situation, but it wasn't like he was a complete stranger.

Blinking, she glanced at Jara. Yep, she'd been looking awfully hard, because she hadn't even noticed the other woman ghosting up behind her! "Yeah. She'll get cranky if she doesn't get a picture." Settling in at his side, Eve slid her arm around him in turn, smiling at him before looking Jara's way.

Jara only took three or four pictures before simply winking at the pair, not saying another word, then returned back upstairs.

Steele looked at Eve. "She's your friend. Shall we go?" He hooked his arm into hers.

Laughing, she gave her head a little shake. "You make it sound like she's a puppy I adopted or something. A puppy would be less crazy, I think." Aaaand that was all she had to say about that. Linking arms with him, she nodded. "Let's."