Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Any second thoughts about doing this? I mean, we can always take the easy route and find a mission. Good ice breaker." Spoken with a grin as he closed the door behind them. There wasn't the usual black SUV parked out front waiting on them. No, it was a sleek black 2008 Ford Mustang, much like the one in the new 'Knight Rider' series.

Steele had a wide grin on his face. "What can I say? I loved that show, and I had my choice of getting a new ride. The Trans Am was a little dated." Winking at her, he opened the passenger door and let a low whistle escape while Eve stepped into the car. He shut the door behind her, and joined her moments later.

She had to smile back at him. "No, it'll be cool. Nice to do something that isn't work related." Funny, Eve had sort of forgotten what that was like.

Upon seeing the car, she arched an eyebrow and was slow in her walk around it. "Wow. Hot car." Offering him another of those little smiles, she settled into the seat, and even managed to look somewhat graceful about it. Once he was in the car as well, she asked, "So, are we still checking out The Crimson Tryst?" She had to admit a little curiosity about the place - sort of a before and after effect.

"That's the plan. Never been there myself, but heard a lot about it." The engine start was so smooth it was like the car wasn't even on. However, the song that came on the radio - ZZ Top's 'Legs,' got a smirk from Steele. "You look hot, by the way. Don't you think so, Pirate?"

-Yes. Despite her slightly above average body temperature, I agree upon the visual aspect of your metaphoric statement, due to the present attire that offers random views of her exposed anatomy -

Wait. Did the car just ...? And Steele? He had that shit eating grin on his face as they headed downtown.

She'd opened her mouth to respond, but cut off abruptly and even jumped a little. Eve looked from him, to the car, then back to him with a grin of her own. Pirate! "That was trippy." Relaxing a bit, she let her hands fall to rest in her lap, fingers linked lightly, ankles crossed, mostly enjoying the ride. "I bet having an 'audience' would make it hard to - " Blinking, Eve drew up short, realizing where she was going with that statement. Rather than being too embarrassed, she laughed, then gave her head a little shake. "I think I've been around Jara a *bit* too much." The other woman was wearing off on her!

Steele smiled again, pulling up at a red light. "A little incentive to get cleared for assignment. You're getting a car as well, and get to pick what model, make, and year you want. And yeah, I think the two of you are rubbing off on each other. Wait, that didn't sound right. Ah, green light. Heh."

"I'm getting a car? Scary thought." Her behind the wheel, that was, though she'd done it before. The type she'd want was something she'd have to think about, but she'd reserve that for another time. "I'm rubbing off on Jara? What, has she started mostly behaving?" Jara behaving - scary thought, and something Eve thought would only take place in an alternate universe! "This is cool, though. Pirate. I like that."

"Soooo .... You seem interested about the Tryst. Something happen there?"

"Mmm ... yeah, but it was before all hell really broke loose. Jara and I checked it out when we were looking into Eve X's whereabouts and her connection to the murders." A few seconds of quiet before she added, "Jara was also stripping in one of the cages with a catgirl." Helpful, no?

Steele actually coughed on that one, but was able to still keep the car on the road. "So, you want to see if the cat girl is still there?" Cocking his head to one side, traffic was picking up. "Hmm. Better park here. Pirate, when you see a closer spot, take it, alright?"

- Consider it done. -

Okay, maybe she shouldn't have said that. Her cheeks colored *just* a tad as she laughed, then glanced at him. "Why, wanna see me get pulled back into the cage?" She was still smiling. Eve was just prude enough that she wouldn't have stripped (well, not without a heavy influence of liquor!) but dancing around in one of them might have been fun. Wouldn't get bumped and jostled around by everyone else, anyway.

"Pulled ... back?"

The Crimson Tryst was just like Eve remembered it, save for it was even more massive, more crowded, and had lots more to see and do. It was like someone took a shopping mall, gutted it, added another mall on top of it, then turned it into a club. An *adult* club. More like an adult's *playground,* after hours. And there was what they called the downtown area now, The Red Light District, or the RLD. By day, a one hundred percent business area. By night? Well, the *freaks* indeed did come out at night.

"Yeah. Jara and the cat pulled me in when I was trying to get Jara out." Eve shrugged, and pretty much left the explanation at that. She was looking at the club, brow raising at the sheer size alone. "I don't remember it being that big." Softly, more spoken to herself.

"Hey! *Hey!* I thought it was you!" The voice was directed towards Eve, and it belonged to the guy that did the ink jobs on she and Jara! "How you been? Haven't seen you and your friend the ink and piercings. Everything turned out okay didn't it? "

Steele didn't say a word. He was enjoying this. Looking back and forth at Eve and the guy, he had a small grin. He finally cleared his throat.

The shouts her way startled her a little; Eve had found herself looking around, tensed a bit, but let a breath hiss out on realizing who it was. Oh, the inked guy. What was his name again? McKane? McKinley? Mc ... something? "Oh, heeey ..." She flashed a smile, glancing up at Steele as she did. She couldn't say she expected to meet this guy there. "Oh yeah, they came out great. Tohmas, this is the guy that did the tattooing and piercing on Jara and I. Um ... McKinley, was it?" She had a slightly doubtful look, one that said she wasn't sure if she had it right.

Laughing, he extended his hand to Steele. "It's McKellah. Close enough, right? Glad to hear it. Hey, don't tell me you're going to stand in line for the Tryst? You'll be out here for a while! C'mon!"

Steele had shook his hand, while trying not to laugh at Eve. McKellah not only led them to the front, but right up to the VIP section! Whispering something to the bouncer, who also recalled Eve (which was actually Eve X), he smiled at her. "Shit, girl, I told you next time you were in town, it was on me!"

Winking at Steele, the bouncer leaned into him, whispering something, then slapping him on the back as he pulled back the rope to let the three of them enter.
    McKellah gave a thumbs up to the pair once they were inside. "Well, I'm not going to be the third wheel, so you two have fun, and have Jara call me, okay?"

Steele just had that smile during the entire thing.

She hadn't had a clue what to say through most of that, especially when faced with the bouncer again. He looked familiar ... this wasn't the grabby one again, was it? She'd smiled, but it was the kind of smile that said, 'what the hell are you talking about?' before she gave up and just went with it until McKellah went on his own way. "Yeah, I'll do that."

Once he was gone, Eve laughed and looked up at Steele, quirking a brow. "Okay, so I'm curious - what he say?" Or did she *want* to know?

"Oh, that I better had took my vitamins."

Laughing, she shook her head a little. "Did I mention that most of the people here were *very* familiar with Eve X?"

"Mmm, no you didn't. This night just keeps getting better." A slight shoulder nudge, before he took her hand and headed off towards the swirling mass of humanity, complete with thumping bass and up-tempo techno and rave beats.

And let us not forget the cage dancers. Male and female, some looking more alien than human. Great costumes, or ...? Steele was impressed, to say the least. He was headed to the lower levels, when they were stopped and redirected to the upper VIP levels. With a smile given to Eve, he asked "'X was quite the popular one, hmm?"

Somehow, she wasn't too surprised by those present that didn't *quite* look human - either that, or they had some fantastic costumes. Shrugging it off, Eve went along with him, looking around but not as uncomfortable as she was her first time there. Then again, this wasn't about business! At the redirection, she had to smile. "Yeah. She ... she made the rounds." And made quite an impression, so it seemed.

At least there was no hunting for a spot to sit, since the upper levels were designed to have the perfect view no matter where one sat! It didn't take very long before they were even waited upon. After ordering, Steele would just smile again, really getting an eyeful of his date. "Black looks good on you."

Hmm, too bad she and Jara hadn't been up there before! It was a nicer area than below, and the view was good. Taking a seat, Eve crossed her legs, and looked at him. She gave him another brief once-over, a little smile curving her wine glossed lips. "You too."

"So ..." Glancing down below. "Do I get to see you in a cage tonight? Dancing, of course." That grin had *just * a slight devious taint to it. "I know we promised not to talk business, but I think what all you went through has really helped break you out of that shell. You're not the same girl that I met at the Coffee Shop." Pausing long enough to be served their drinks, Steele sipped his slowly before looking back at her, the strobe lights making his eyes almost look green for an instant. "Just so you know, I don't plan on sitting here - except to rest up for the next set."

She was swinging one heeled foot, lightly - not an expression of nervousness, but a casual movement. Eve was looking below, watching the throng of activity, and she gave him a sidelong look at the question about the cage. Her lips curved in a smile, and it wasn't exactly innocent. "Maybe you will."

The young woman looked at him as he spoke again, on a slightly more serious note, and nodded. Yeah, she had to give him that one ... "No, I'm not. None of us are the same, really, but I hope all the changes are for the better." Funny; she *knew* she was a little different, but she still felt the same. A brief pause, and her
    eyes flickered downward as she took a sip of her drink, then back up. "I'd be disappointed if you sat it out for too long."

"Then enough idle chatter, Elf. Let's see what you got." With a devilish smile, he stood from his chair, hand extended. "Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what happens down there. Much."

Taking his hand, she rose smoothly, and smiled wickedly. "What happens on the dance floor stays on the dance floor. Usually."

"Next thing you'll be telling me is that you have crazy ninja skillz." Leading her down below, the pair soon squeezed themselves to the center of the dance floor, while having just enough room to not be pushed into the other.

Steele proved that he didn't spend *every* waking moment dabbling in the paranormal, and looked like he spent some time inside a club. But wasn't this the *same* place where she encountered his 'brother' Devantious? That smile wasn't leaving his face anytime soon, and he was enjoying the close quarters due to lack of space. "Not bad for a Coffee girl!" Said loud enough for her to hear over the roar of the music.

"You never know!" Regarding his comment about the ninja skillz. Eve ... didn't have ninja skillz. She kept up pretty easily to be wearing heels, and didn't waste a second when it came to getting in the crush of people, somehow avoiding getting bumped and jostled around. She *could* move, better than would have been expected from a girl that had spent most of her waking hours focused on the paranormal. The smile lingered around the corners of her lips, and it brightened for a second as she caught his words. "Not bad for a spook chaser!"

And as with every club with packed floors, it was like right out of the opening scene from the first Blade movie, sans the vampires and the blood shooting out from the sprinklers. Not that Steele had a problem dancing closer with Ms. Eve N. Lizt, and placed a hand along her hip. "Says you, Queen of Blushes."

"I'm not blushing now." It was one of the rare times when she didn't even notice the crush around them; she was getting to do something she loved to do, and there was someone there to focus her attention elsewhere. Curvy hips moved smoothly, and a *good* girl like her shouldn't have known some of those moves. Eve couldn't help it. She flashed him a mischievous grin, not having a problem swaying in closer to him when she felt the brush of someone else in the crowd behind her.

Ever have one of those *it* moments? Where the stars align, the planets line up, and the Karma gods are in total agreement? It was like that. Staring into those stormy greys, she'd get pulled closer, all the more while maintaining the rave beat, his smile matching her own. "Careful there Ms. Lizt, or I might think you were making a pass at me."

She didn't have any problem with that. Eve swayed in against him, not missing a beat of the music, looking up at him, that playful little grin not faltering as she even leaned in closer to talk, mostly so she could be heard over the noise of the music and crowd alike. "Oh, really? But I'm a good girl, Mr. Steele. I wouldn't do that." But that smile said otherwise!

Wasn't this the part that where something *would* happen? Mutant attack, Daemon outbreak, Reality Shift - Something, right? You'd be right. Something did happen!
    Steele leaned in close, sliding both hands around her, until he reached behind her and grasped firmly. No more assumptions, no more if, ands, or buts - save for the one he was holding at the time. Lines were being crossed, and there was no looking back. "Waited a long time to do this, Ms. Lizt ..." Leaning down towards her, it was almost like things were moving in slow motion. And Steele kissed her, right in the middle of the floor. Not a friendly kiss. Not a peck on the cheek, forehead, or nose. It was a 'making it official' kiss. No alarm clock to wake up from, nothing to shatter the moment.

It was amazing - twice in a row they'd managed to spend time together without some disaster or another interrupting. He wasn't just drawing her closer, she was leaning in, arms slipping around his neck. There wasn't any hesitation, no tentativeness this time; Eve had raised up to meet Tohmas' lips, stopped right there in the midst of the dance floor, but thoroughly oblivious to the noise and crowd alike.

That kiss was about to get deeper, but a less than subtle bump by several other clubbers offered a reminder where they were. He still held Eve close to him, though no longer kissing, he was dancing against her, with a lazy grin. "Why Ms. Lizt, I could learn to like this ... A lot. "

The little interruption was enough to jostle both out of it, so it seemed, and she flashed him a sweet, playful little smile. She didn't make any move to step back or disengage herself to get back in the rhythm of things, though she swayed against him with the music. This felt too good. It was like a quiet moment, in a not-so-quiet place. "Mmm. I hope so. I already do." What could she say? It was just the truth.

The kisses from that point on would be limited. While on the dance floor, the primary focus was a lot of dancing with various degrees of touching. By the next set, Steele was behind Eve with his arms wrapped around her waist, squeezing her tight, with his movements not subtle in the least, blending in with almost everyone else there. As R. Kelly once sang, 'I don't see nothing wrong with a little bit of bump and grind ...'

She'd found herself humming along with the music, when she knew it, as well as moving with the rhythm. The two of them seemed to compliment one another in movement, and she'd leaned lightly against him, swaying gently. She'd slid one arm up and back to slip around his neck, other hand brushing against his,
    then drifting away to move with their rhythm. It was amazing how easy it was to drown out the noise and the crowd at the time, to let go and just *relax.* She'd even closed her eyes for a few moments, a lingering smile on her lips, before opening them again halfway. Maybe it was the fun of getting out and away for a little bit. Maybe the little bit of alcohol was having a mild effect. Regardless, she was at ease and quite enjoying herself - and him.

The fast tempo was matching the pulsing of the lights, while Steele was slowing his. Hot breath on her neck, while his hands slid from her waist to her thighs, then back up to her sides. Pausing just long enough to remove the pins that were holding those curls in place. If Ms. Lizt leaned back far enough, she could feel the effect she was having on him, those not so subtle movements even becoming less so.

She probably should have been nervous, or surprised; somehow, she wasn't. Eve was indeed close enough, cozied up against him as she was, and she'd tilted her head, making a low sound at the feeling of his breath on her neck. The removal of the pins let the strands of her hair spill loose, over her neck and even a little over her face. The rounded edges of her nails scratched lightly on the side of his neck as she drew one hand away, raking it slowly back through the strands - loosening them, pushing them away. His movements weren't the only ones that weren't so subtle, as her own were sleek, smooth and unhurried despite their surroundings.

Turning her back around, he slightly shifted to one side, slowly working his leg between her own, pulling her closer to him once again while still grinding against her, almost moving in tune with the music, staring down at her. Each grind would almost pull her off her feet, while Steele began squeezing her ass, revealing just a little more of her legs.

The sudden turn surprised her a little, as told by the sharp little intake of breath. It didn't last long, as she stared up at him, and fell into nearly the same kind of rhythm with him. His leg working between her own brought new sensations, and her skin tingled pleasantly, feeling warmer than usual. She'd slid one arm back up around his neck, helping to steady her when he almost picked her up, while her other hand snaked up his chest. Her lips were parted a little, and she realized that her dress was working up a little, but she didn't care. Her hand reached his neck, and on tip-toe, she leaned up to kiss him again.

If passion were a dam, it was showing serious structural damage on both sides. He leaned down to meet her kiss, this time harder than before, his tongue lightly teasing hers. He almost didn't hear the DJ say he'd be back in ten minutes before starting the next set - the time usually allowed to give the dancers a breather, or switch of the shifts.

Their *dance* had caught the attention of some of those close to them, and they were being cheered on up to that point. With an arch of the eyebrow and a smirk, Steele set Eve back down. Taking her hand, he headed back up top for a drink, and some still clapped and commented as the pair walked by. Embarrassed? Not by what one would assume. Carried away? If it would have been his first time meeting her, maybe. The attraction always seemed to be there in some shape or fashion no matter what Reality they were in, and perhaps the continual denial by both parties served to only push that line to be crossed. Not that he cared, really. Sitting down in his chair, she would be placed on his lap, only to have drinks brought to them - on the house it seemed.

"Well, that was ... nice." He brushed the hair from her face.

It was a good thing that he'd heard the DJ, because she certainly hadn't. She'd practically blocked everything else out except for what was going on with him, and she'd blinked and taken a second longer to catch up once he'd withdrawn and settled her back on her feet. Realizing they'd been watched, Eve opened her mouth to say something, then shrugged it off. She was even a little flushed, but that had nothing to do with embarrassment. Grinning at Tohmas, she went with him back up, reaching up with her free hand to push her hair back more than once. Settling on his lap, she crossed her legs, holding a drink in one hand, other arm draped about his shoulders. "Mmm. Understatement, I think." Giving a little laugh, it faded into a lingering smile.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Eve, right?" The voice came from slightly behind the pair. Steele had arched an eyebrow about five seconds prior and glanced over his shoulder, carefully shifting so as not to disturb Eve, who was sitting in his lap.

It was a girl. Dressed like a cat, or so it appeared at first. Cocking his head to one side, Steele had a bemused grin on his face. Upon closer inspection, it wasn't a costume at all! "Nice floor show by the by you two. You attracted as much attention as your sister. I'm Fantasia, by the way. No, it's not my stage name. My mother was a huge Disney freak. Soooo ...Is Jara here?"

Once again, Steele had that grin on his face, and looked back from one to the other.

Eve had opened her mouth to say something else, but was cut off by the voice - and it was someone else that knew her name. Blinking, the young woman looked over her date's shoulder, expression quizzical. Was that ... the catgirl from last time? She stared for a second, taking in the fact once again, that *no*, it wasn't a costume. "Um ... thanks?" Floor show! "No, she's not here - at least, as far as I know." Oh yeeeah ... the catgirl was also the one Jara was stripping with in the cage! "Cool name, though." Afterthought, and she took a sip off her drink.

A twitch of her nose and a cat-like arch of her back, before she nodded. "Tell her to stop through when she has a chance. Um, I'll leave you two alone now." With a coy little smile, she slipped off.

Steele nodded slowly. "Well, at least she didn't confuse you with 'X, though the way they've been talking about her, it's like she's still alive." It wasn't really talking about business, considering how Jara and Eve were following upon a lead. The strange part was that it took place in a totally different Reality. Didn't it? The thought did linger inside his head for another second or two before the woman on his lap, sipping on her drink caused him to push that aside. "So, I didn't know you could dance like that." Small grin.

"Will do!" Much the same thing had passed her mind - the thought about Eve X, that was. She found it a bit strange how everyone seemed to remember her, and even differentiate between Eve and 'X - though most seemed to think of them as sisters. "Yeah, it is a bit odd." Starting to swing her foot again gently, she put the glass aside to drape her other arm with the first, linking her fingers at his shoulder. She had to grin at Tohmas, a hint of wickedness in it. "I can be full of surprises. You've got some moves yourself."

Steele started to get that naughty smile, when he happened to glance past Eve, and began noticing certain things about and within the club. His eyes flashed feral green when he did, but slowly changed back. "Interesting."

The flash of green made her tip her head gently, looking at him closely. That green flash was ... interesting. Realizing that he was looking at something else, she turned to look at the club behind her. "What is it?"

Motioning with his head, then down on the floor. "It started with Fantasia, then all of a sudden I'm noticing things. The other dancers, some of the folks on the floor, even most of the employees here. Roughly sixty-five percent here are not ... human. Nothing dangerous. Just interesting. And that comment about you being full of surprises?" His smile returned on that one, and he glanced about the club before wrapping his arms around her.

"Was there anything like this when you and Jara were here before? Like Fantasia?" Great, their job was slooowly working its way into their date. Considering where they were, at least that rule could be stretched a tad.

She had to laugh a little. Yep, work was trying to sneak in, but that wasn't terribly surprising - after all, that was pretty much what took up most of their time. "Yeah, actually. I think she was the one that Jara was stripping in the cage with. You know, the ones I said pulled me in?" Turning back to him from looking at the floor, she smiled. "So what exactly is goes through your head when your eyes go all green?" A little more softly, but she was looking at him closely. Curiously.

With an arch of his left eyebrow, Steele looked at her. "Turn green? They did that just then? Huh. Guess that sort of makes sense. Back when I was originally on Rhy'Din, I had an ability that allowed me to adapt to any situation I was placed in. Well, Rhy'Din is a seriously out of control Realm where the rules of science and logic are out the window." A secretive smile. "I started off as a vampire/werewolf type hybrid, before evolving into just a Garou hybrid, pretty much looking like I was stuck in mid-change of becoming a werewolf. I had golden-green eyes. They sort of became my trademark there. Especially when something out of the ordinary was going on - like Spider Man and his Spider Sense. "

"Mhm. Green flash. Pretty cool effect, actually." She had a grin. "Glad I'm getting used to the oddities, or it might be kind of freaky." The mention of the gold-green eyes made her mind flicker to the tattoo on her back, and the eye spots there ... "I've only seen them flicker that way once or twice, and wondered why. Come to think of it ..." Eve glanced back over her shoulder at the club behind them, then looked back to him, reaching up to push a few curls back from her face."... This is where Jara and I came across Devantious." It had been there, at the back of her mind, but for some reason the mention of the non-humans present brought it to mind.

"Mmm, who's that?"

Eve opened her mouth to answer, then stopped, giving a soft shake of her head. "I'll explain another time. I think work has been creeping into conversation enough as is." She found it a little odd that he didn't remember that, among anything else ... and it made her wonder. How much *did* he remember? If he didn't recall Dev, then ... "Okay, one more: Do you remember Arion?" Longshot.

Steele would give her his own version of an empty eyed stare, before shaking his head. "Mmmm, should I?" The music was starting to really get good again, perhaps offering a subtle hint to why they were there.

"Given everything that happened, maybe not." Well, it led her toward one stream of reasoning - if he didn't remember Arion and Devantious, then he probably didn't remember what he'd said, right there in front of everyone. It was a little disappointing, but she'd try to shake it off, though a shadow flickered over her features. "But we'll worry about all that another time. For now ... wanna hit the dance floor again, or stay cozy?"

"What?" He nudged her a little. "You just had a look of your own there."

"Nothing. I just thought it was kind of weird, that's all. Later you'll have to fill me in on what you remember." She wasn't asking for it now; Eve didn't want to ruin the fun, and she wasn't sure if she'd actually tell him about that little part, anyway. It could easily have come off as ... creepy, especially since he didn't seem to remember it. "But that's pretty much work." A grin, the shadow that had flickered through her eyes gone.

"Mmkay. Grinning, while glancing down at the fast filling floor. "Do want to give your fans another show? Or maybe we can stay cozy, and I convince you on the idea of me buying one of those cages for you ... " Letting his voice trail off, that smirk firmly in place.

Eve laughed, then nibbled her lower lip gently, looking back towards the dance floor. Hmm. Difficult choice - stay put on his lap, or give another show? Or give *him* a show? "Mmm. Cage or stripper pole?" She was a bit surprised there weren't any there - or maybe she just hadn't noticed them yet. Looking back to him, she flashed that wicked little grin. "I wonder where Fantasia went ..." Idly.

"She's on the floor level, chatting it up with the tender. Far left, about 11 o'clock." Steele said it almost casually, glancing down at the floor below. Considering all the people that were down there, and the amazing light show that was going on around them, including those with the nifty glowsticks, and yet he was able to pick her out without even trying hard. That's when he gave Eve ... *that* look. "Hmmm."

"Mmm, keeping track of her, are we?" Eve grinned at him, then half-turned to look for the catgirl. He was right; she spied her pretty easily. The light show was a little distracting, though, and she lingered for a moment, watching, before turning back to him. Arching a brow, she had a faint smile. "What's that look for?"

"You. It's good to see you smile." He brushed a stray curl away from her face. "And hear you laugh, especially after what you've been through. Yer a tough lil' coffee gal. As for the look, I'm just wondering what's going through that pretty head of yours. That grin was, well ... Verra naughty."

"Hey, I'm not the only one that's been through it. I'm just ... the rookie." Flash of that smile. "As for naughty? I've got it in me, I guess. Can't behave *all* the time." Especially when having Jara as a friend. She could easily take a page from the other woman's book, on occasion. "It's good to see you out and about, and not stuck in front of a computer or on a mission *all* the time." Being more relaxed with him was fun, simply put.

"What can I say? You've been a good influence on all of us. Last comment on this until tomorrow: You went toe-to-toe with Daemons. You had your Reality turned inside out on more than one occasion. You had shit done to you that would cause even the most seasoned vet to put in for a lengthy vacation. You had zero experience in the field, and yet you've held your own. Maybe you found your true calling?"

Before Eve could reply, Fantasia was spotted heading in their direction. "Just so you two know, your dance down there earlier caused a bit of a stir. Several of our escorts asked me to pass along a big ol' thanks. You two need every need to make some extra scratch ... "

The next sound heard was Steele spitting out his drink. "Like to stay and chat, but the VIPs are waiting, and they help pay the rent." Laughing at his reaction, she turned to leave.

She'd opened her mouth to say something - even she wasn't sure what - when the catgirl reappeared. Eve turned to look at her, and got a mischievous grin at the catgirl's words. "Um ... okay." Yeah, so her cheeks *did* color just a little, but she shook it off. Not that she ever intended to take the catgirl up on the offer, but she figured that'd get her out of there faster. And apparently, it worked! Too bad she had VIPs; for all of a heartbeat, it flickered through Eve's head to get in a cage with her! It was easier to make a fool of herself when she had someone doing it with her. Once Fantasia left, Eve looked at Tohmas, and laughed. "You okay?" After his little sputter, that was.

"Ahem. I'm, heh, fine. So, I'm thinking I just might have to take advantage of this slightly naughty and wicked mood you're in and request a private show. I have money." A waggle of his eyebrows.

"That's right. Take advantage of an inebriated woman." Spoken with a wickedly playful grin. She'd had one or two *sips* off a drink, but she wasn't drunk - a drunk couldn't have pronounced 'inebriated' correctly. "Buuut, given that I'm in such a mood, and with good company ... I *might* let you talk me into it." The playful glint had even invaded her eyes, reflecting deep in the grey. "I take all major credit cards, too."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

His wicked grin nearly matched her own, then his expression switched over to one of slight bemusement. "Is it me or does it feel like we've been sitting here for like ... Forever? I feel stiff. My *legs!* - they feel stiff. " And that wicked grin was back, just like that. "I say you finish you drink, I tempt you with another, and then we get you back on the dance floor to your fans." As if on cue, the DJ was putting together a rave/techno/house mix, complete with matching strobe lights.

She'd opened her mouth to say something, then stopped as he clarified himself. The grin lingered, and she looked from him to the dance floor. "You're just trying to get me drunk. Besides, they're *our* fans - you were part of the show too, remember?" With a little toss of her head to throw the strands over her shoulder, she looked back at him as if considering. "I might let you get me tipsy, though." Maybe, if she could stomach the alcohol.

"I'm not the one with the kinky twin sister. I'm just a lucky guy in the eyes of many." With a waggle of those eyebrows. "And why would I want you drunk? That would be an excuse for you not to remember doing anything crazy, or blaming those actions on excess liquor intake. Or maybe it's part of my ... master plan. Besides, everyone one in the club gets tipsy. Isn't that a song?"

Chuckling, he flagged down a passing server and whispered something in her ear. The server gave the couple a small knowing grin, then nodded and left to fill their order. Steele had the look of the cat that just ate the canary. "What?" He was trying to look innocent.

"You only *wish* she was actually my twin. Demented semi-possessed clone was more like it." Eve smiled, tapping her fingers lightly on his shoulder. "Besides, you probably wouldn't want me drunk. I don't actually know how it would affect me, and if I don't remember anything, that would suck." Not that she was against the drinks, but she knew she'd have to stop soon.

Watching Steele give the server the order and the expression on *her* face, Eve grinned at him. "You do bad a lot better than innocent." Leaning in, she stole a kiss.

"And no, I don't wish you had a twin. The mold was broken, and it should stay that way. You're quite the original, Ms. Lizt." Giving her waist a squeeze, that wicked grin still lingered, and his eyes quickly flashed that feral green. "Oh, I promise to give you a night to remember."

The server returned moments later with two shot glasses filled with a bluish liquid, and set one down in front of each of them. "Enjoy." And off she went.

Steele smiled at Eve and picked up his glass, then waited for her to do the same. "It's called Black and Blue. You won't feel anything ... At first." Clinking her glass, he winked, and offered a toast. "Here's to Reality, and to the frail that's in it."

The taste of the liquor was very sweet, and did not have the normal alcohol bite to it.

"I have to say much the same about you, Mr. Steele." Flashing that smile, she then gave the shots a dubious look. Well, they *looked* pretty, anyway ...

Picking it up, she even dared a sniff out of curiosity. Didn't smell too bad. "That's sweet." Clinking glasses with him, she looked at it for a second, then dared to try and down it. Not a bad taste, and at least it didn't burn all the way like the other stuff.

Steele eased her from his lap, and took her by the hand to lead her back down to the floor below. Along the way, they met the same server with two more of the same drinks.

It was that part of the evening where the music had a life of its own. The floor was alive, swarming with club patrons. There were a select few that saw the duo returning and made random comments or offered applause, faintly heard over the roar of the music and the thumping of the bass. Steele semi-ignored this, leading Ms. Lizt back out onto the dance floor. It didn't take him long to find his techno-tempo groove once again, and he knew it wasn't going to take long for that drink to kick in. Drunk? No. Tipsy? Maybe. That's where the dancing came in.

Eve more or less ignored anything but the sound of the music and the tug of his hand. She glided back onto the dance floor with him, the rhythm of the music already starting to take hold. She wasn't feeling bad at all - relaxed, ready to get back into the beat, and the flicker-flash of the lights barely even registered. The press of the crowd didn't bother her, and she was quick to sway in against Tohmaz, taking to the music easily. The young woman had loosened up, but the last drink hadn't kicked in - yet.

The pair had made a pact, if at least for one night, that they would leave the paranormal outside. To an extent, they had. Now it was all about having fun and learning more about each other, on a more normal basis. Was that even possible? Who knew. The fun would be in finding out. It would take a few more drinks before he'd even start getting a buzz, but it wasn't about that. It was all about relaxing, enjoying the company of ... of ... his girlfriend.

That made him grin, glancing down at the dancing Ms. Lizt. For one night, it was about tossing caution to the winds and being part of the crowd. The devious grin did find itself back onto his face again, and he pulled her closer to him.

There was a hint of wickedness in the playful grin she offered him as he pulled her closer, and she had no complaints about that. This night was one of the rare times she was able to pretend to be - mostly - normal. Eve wasn't worried about freaking about because of something she Saw or Felt, and though she realized on some low level that both were still a distinct possibility, it just couldn't concern Eve now. She was too busy learning about him, getting wrapped up in him, and just having a blast. Who knew that a night out could be this much fun and this relaxing? She moved as she were part of the music, and seemed to complement him perfectly - even if some of the moves weren't something a *good* girl should know.

They almost picked up where they'd left off from their last dance. Her hips were held once again, both moving with the upbeat tempo. By the looks out there, this could have easily been a sequel to 'Dirty Dancing' - the 21st century edition of course. This wasn't the same girl he'd met at the Coffee Shop so long ago. At least, not on some levels. It could have been a trick of the lights, but his eyes seemed to be flashing more green than usual, and the only person in his sights was her. His hands slid around, and lower, getting a bit more hands on.

She'd noticed the occasional green flashes, but rather than surprising her or setting off any mental alarms, she'd just swayed in closer. The travel of his hands tickled a little, but she made no move to stop him. Why would she? Eve figured that experienced or not, the attraction was undeniably there, and the fact that she was emerging from that shell only helped matters. She felt at ease with him, and leaning up a little, she'd grinned. "So what are you thinking that's causing those green flashes, hmm?" She'd drawn close enough for him to hear without her having to shout at him, and the fingers of one hand slipped along the collar of his shirt.

"Only you." Just as he moved closer to kiss her, the DJ started playing the rave theme from the first Blade movie. With a slight shift, Eve would find herself straddling one of his legs now. His eyes weren't flashing any longer; they looked like they were changing, getting more of a greenish tint to them. Not that they would be seen right away, with the embrace they shared at the moment. She was pulled as close to him as she could possibly be, with hints of his apparent arousal becoming more pronounced.

There was an arch of his eyebrow at the song selection. As long as the sprinkler system didn't cut on and spray the crowd with blood, he was cool.

The green tint was a curiosity, but she just couldn't devote much in the way of brain power to it now. A warm, pleasantly numb feeling was settling into her muscles, a purple haze drifting into her brain that kept her from thinking too seriously about ... well ... anything. It was a good feeling, and she was sure it had something to do with the drink kicking in. Not drunk, but a little tipsy. She had no objection to the change in position, and she was pressed against him, looking up at him. She hadn't stopped moving, but she wasn't quite so interested in dancing anymore. "Oh, really." Murmured, her fingers tightening a little at the collar as she leaned up for another kiss.

The hem of her skirt was pulled up just an inch or three, as the kiss became more intense than the last, offering a taste of tongue. "Mhm. Really." The music may have been fast, but the rotation of his hips had slowed down, but never stopped. "Careful Ms. Lizt. Your actions are causing me to have some rather ... Impure thoughts." Leaning down once again to taste the faint traces of the drink they had just minutes ago, what was semi now was approaching full mast. Save for those few that had the voyeuristic streak, everyone one else was too busy having fun to notice. Right?

The skirt wasn't exactly long to begin with, but she didn't seem to notice the slight rise in it - or just didn't care. She seemed to savor the taste, then smiled, looking up at him with half-hooded eyes. "Impure thoughts? And here I thought you had those anyway." Oh, but she *had* noticed the other hints of his arousal, and she wasn't moving too quickly now, either. "... But maybe you're not the only one, hmm?" She pressed in at the second taste of his mouth, and lingered with it, heedless of the crowd.

As if a switch was suddenly flipped, her mouth was attacked hungrily. There was grinding, but no longer to the beat of the music, and if that skirt was tugged up any more...

He pulled back just enough to make eye contact, his eyes now a feral green. Gripping her had become more of a massaging caress than part of the dance, and he only had four words to say next. "I want you. Now." His smoldering gaze diverted back up to the VIP level, where there were rooms for private parties and other special events. That wicked grin had a different look to it now.

The press of his mouth sent a hot rush through her body, and she made a tiny sound, like a moan. She'd drawn one leg up to half-curl it around his hip, and hadn't even noticed until after the kiss had been broken. Maybe what he said should have surprised of embarrassed her, but it was pretty obvious on both ends - and she couldn't exactly be the shy girl *all* the time. Her stormy-eyed gaze followed his, and the smile that curled her lips was much like his - playfully wicked, but there was something else blended in as well. "Then what are we waiting for?" Letting that leg slip down, she moved to disentangle herself from him - just enough to walk, at least.

Her hand was tightly held as the push was made back through the crowd and back up the steps. It was a tad bit difficult to walk at first, but he was able to will it down enough so it wasn't too evident. Fantasia was assisting in the VIP area when she took notice of the dancing duo heading back, with a look she had seen countless times before. Before Tohmas could even ask about the rooms, Fantasia already had a card key in hand. "It's already been paid for. Jara." With a grin, she gave the card to Eve, then motioned to where it was. "Have fun."

Tohmas had to arch an eyebrow again, then gave Eve a look. "Lead on, Ms. Lizt."

After the push through the crowd and the climb back up to the VIP area, Eve did have to admit a touch of surprise when Fantasia handed her the card key. *And* paid for by Jara?

... Nevermind. She'd ask questions later - maybe. Regardless, she threw Tohmas a look with an arched brow, then grinned and shrugged. "...I'll have to thank her later." But she'd started moving, leading him toward the indicated room, then used the key.

One of the perks of being a VIP was that the party room was just that: A party room. Tinted two way glass allowed for views outside, but not inside. Sound proofed walls, plush furniture and that special carpeting that prevented rug burn. A fully stocked bar, with several back up mini fridges. There were even options for having the club music piped through the speakers, or choosing your own.

After the door was closed behind them, a message played over the speakers: -Welcome to the Tryst VIP Private Section. The rules? You break it, you pay for it. Two ways to get out. The key card, and the security outside. Have fun and be sure to tell all your friends about us! -

Some time later, Eve was finding out why it was called 'afterglow.' After the rush of a climax, there was still an almost 'high' feeling left behind, though there was a little tiredness mixed in with that. Catching her breath, she pushed herself up on her elbows, blinking slowly at Tohmas, and shivering in the suddenly cool room.

The feral green of his eyes had faded to a soft brown, and a content smile slowly appeared. "You ... you seduced me!"

She laughed at that. "Oh, no, no, no. *You* seduced *me.* You picked me up looking all sexy like that, and got me tipsy on top of it." She prodded him in the side with her big toe. "You knew what you were doing!"

"Well, you wore black." That was all he could think of at that point.