Issue: Censored Words?

1. issueid=84 March 18th, 2021 09:17 PM
    HB Forum Owner
    Censored Words?
    Need to turn censorship off

I started a forum and I've selected no censorship, yet every post in my forum is censored. How do I turn that off?
Issue Details
Issue Number 84
Issue Type Report a Bug
Project Help Desk
Status Awaiting Feedback
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users Steven
Tags Posting

1. March 20th, 2021 04:52 PM
    Site Administrator
    Cn you please reply with a link to your forum?
  2. March 21st, 2021 01:30 AM
  3. March 22nd, 2021 11:08 AM
    Site Administrator
    I went to the HBCP, reset the page making sure "no" was selected and submitted. I then made a test post and it seems to be working. Please let me know if there are any other issues...
  4. March 22nd, 2021 11:09 AM
    HB Forum Owner
    That looks good, thanks. I'll let you know if it crops up again and see if I can troubleshoot why if it does.
  5. March 27th, 2021 05:35 PM
    HB Forum Owner
    I can't figure out why, but it's still happening on some posts. User Piers Knight posted a lot of his stories on my forum and only some of them have the censoring.

This post does: https://www.hostboard.com/forums/f17...-part-one.html
    This post doesn't: https://www.hostboard.com/forums/f17...ly-crisis.html

They were posted at nearly the same time.
  6. March 28th, 2021 11:51 AM
    Site Administrator
    We are in the process of doing a massive DB conversion that will enable us a lot more flexibility going forward and not being stuck in the 20th century. I would like to visit this once the conversion is completed and merged into the production system. Going to push this back say 3 days for a revisit...
  7. March 29th, 2021 06:40 PM
    HB Forum Owner
    Sounds good. Thanks for looking into it.
  8. 4 Weeks Ago 09:48 AM
    Site Administrator
    I am running a bit behind on this... Had to fix an issue that was creating DB errors first, test then move to the production side. We have successfully converted the DB also on the devel side and so far it seems to be working as it should This will be moved to production on Monday at some point (site will be down at minimum of 1 hour) The we can take a look to see what is up with the filtering system. Sorry for the deal...
+ Reply

This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.