As far as I can see his CD is only for sale on the website, is that correct?
Id much prefer to pick it up at a CD store.
Printable View
As far as I can see his CD is only for sale on the website, is that correct?
Id much prefer to pick it up at a CD store.
hehe!! Janek is a mate of mine. He comes from Mitcham in South London and we played together all the time when we were growing up and discovering the joys of the rhythm section!
Janek is a phoenominal musician and bass player and now lives in New York, where he is busy playing, recording and touring. He's now getting into producing and is doing really well. I spoke to him a few days ago and he said that he's back in town for Christmas and has been doing some clinics with Gary Husband at the Basstech in West London.
Janek is definitely making a name for himself and has already played with people like Airto, Kenwood Dennard, Randy Brecker, JoJo Mayer, Gary Husband....
I'll email this link to him - he'll be thrilled!
[img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Thats awesome Dazzler. If you could answer my previous question through him that would be great.
Are the CDs distributed in Europe too?
Here is one I just heard a day or two ago...
Bass player-JANEK GWIZDALA
new album "Mystery to Me- Live in NYC"
Jojo Mayer on drums..
Jojo's playing on this album is absolutely sick...
Just tryin' to hip you guys to some fresh stuff...Enjoy.
Good stuff. Ill check this out as soon as possible and give some feedback.
EDIT: Anyone who wants to, can check out some mp3 samples here: http://www.janekbass.com/
Just listened to the first one...some fierce drumming going on here.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 15, 2004 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Suspiria ]</font>
Hey thanks Drumman, i'm defenately going to check this one out !!
I do believe it is only currently available through his website...
Friend of mine(who is also an outstanding Bass Player), saw him at the Fodera booth at the 2004 Winter NAMM. He was jamming with Dominic DiPiazza, and Mike Pope.
My friend spoke with him a bit, and found out Janek had studied with Laurence Cottle for a while...If you guys haven't heard Cottle's stuff, stop reading this now, and go listen...he is a monster...was good friends with jaco, and you can tell...
http://www.laurencecottle.com/
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Correct Drumman! Jan used to go to literally ALL Laurence Cottle's gigs and learnt so much from him. For the uninitiated, Laurence is from Wales and studied at Berkley. He met and became good friends with Jaco and is truly one of the great bassists around anywhere in the world. I know that's a bold statement to make but it's true. I've had the pleasure of playing and watching Laurie lots over the past yers and his musicianship, technical ability and original sound always amazes me.Quote:
My friend spoke with him a bit, and found out Janek had studied with Laurence Cottle for a while...If you guys haven't heard Cottle's stuff, stop reading this now, and go listen...he is a monster...was good friends with jaco, and you can tell...
His big band recently did a week at Ronnie Scotts and it was packed out every night, mostly with his fellow musicians and peers cheering his incredible writing and playing!
http://www.laurencecottle.com/
You'll also fine Ian Thomas on drums who again is one of the most respected drummers in the UK, playing with everyone there is to play with. Seal, Tom Jones, George Michael etc etc etc
Ian Thomas one of the most killing drummers in the uk/world and one of the nicest guys.
I went to two nights of Cottle Big Band at Ronnies and it was ridiculous. Nigel Hitcock on Alto...! Plus Laurence and Ian of course amazing. I thought Clare Martin did a great job with the TOP tunes too. I know they recorded two nights.
Actually, the week before the Ronnies gig I was rehearsing at the Premises and I heard killing Big Band coming from one of the rooms... Popped my head in and sure enough...
I'm not sure how available it is over there but the US guys need to check Laurence Cottle 'Live' and hear some of these guys play...
thats funny....i played with janek once when he sat in with the big band i used to play with.....seemed pretty cool.
he also went to berklee and came to the same conclusion as me!