-
Hi everyone, I'm new here.
My 8-year old got her first American Girl this past Christmas, the lovely Marisol. DD loves her and takes great care of her.
Well, this afternoon, for no apparent reason, Marisol's head came off and my DD started to cry. I called AG and they transfered me to customer service, and I was given instructions on how to put her head back in place. When she told me there should not be any gaps, I then knew something was seriously wrong, because she always had a gap. I went and looked at pictures from Christmas and saw it.
What should I do send her to AG to be fixed? I think she might be defective, KWIM?
As of this evening, Marisol has her head back on and DD is protecting her...LOL!
It's really odd this happened today, because my UPS lady brought Jess today, which I'm giving to DD for Easter.
I just feel really bad for my DD and our beautiful Marisol.
Any advice?
Thanks in advance!
-
I'll take a picture of my Marisol, and see if that is the gap you mean. Sit tight!
-
-
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...marisol005.jpg
This kind of gap is supposed to be there- my newer dolls all have this gap.
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 10, 2006 10:38 PM: Message edited by: simplepretty ]</font>
-
No, it's not. I wish I had my camera to take a picture for you....where her body, meets the neck, there's a space and you can see the plastic bottom portion of her neck...The body does not seem to be tight enough around it. I've tried to tighten it with the strings, but it doesn't seem to work. You can see around her entire body the plastic bottom of her neck, if that makes any sense. It's not tight like yours at all.
-
I would try taking her head off and shifting some of the stuffing around until you get her head to sit right. If she is overstuffed, maybe that is making it difficult for you to pull the neck tight enough around the head to eliminate the gap. I have had dolls with gaps at their necks before, but I've always fixed them just by rearranging the head and stuffing until it looks right. Good luck!
-
Sometimes, this helps.
Untie the neck strings. Hold both strings tight with one hand. With the other hand, push the fabric that the string come out of back to gather it more on each side, so more string is exposed. Once the fabric is as gathered as you can get it on both sides, tie the string tight, and knot it a second time. Very often, it is a little bit of extra fabric that causes the gap at the front of the neck, as opposed to an actual problem. I hope this makes sense.
-
Thanks ladies...I will try the tips. I just didn't know if she should be sent to the doll hospital...my little girl was not too happy when I told her we may have to do this. We are new at being AG owners & need all the help and advice we can get.
Thanks again!!!
[img]smile.gif[/img]
-
Welcome to the board! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] That's terrible about Marisol's head, I hope you find some way to fix it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
Welcome to the board! I hope your Marisol gets fixed without having to be sent to the hospital. My Felicity has a small gap (I'd take a pic but she is at home which is 16 hours north of where I am). I have to tighten her stings when I do get home.