For those who participating in the Book Discussion, this is the thread.
Book is Meet Felicity. You can write anything about the book, the good, the bad and the ugly! Favorite scenes, characters. anything!
Printable View
For those who participating in the Book Discussion, this is the thread.
Book is Meet Felicity. You can write anything about the book, the good, the bad and the ugly! Favorite scenes, characters. anything!
My DD and I read the book together,this was our first time reading it.I really like Felicity's charactor,she is very strong and determined.She fell in love with Penny and did not want Jiggy to hurt her.It was hard for me to read some of it because it talked about what Jiggy Nye did to animals.I am glad that Felicity was able to set her free,now I am wondering if she is really free or she will come back around and be in the next story,if she is I just hope Jiggy Nye is not around to find her.And is there a little romance blosoming between Ben and Felicity?I am looking forward to starting book two.
Oh, let me find my questions...
1. Have you ever been in situation like Felicity's? Do you think what she did was morally right despite the fact that it conflicted with the laws of 1774? What other actions might of Felicty taken? Do you think Felicty is a good role model in this book?
2. Do you think Felicity would have had as much empathy for Penny and try to help the situation if she were not a horse-lover?
3. There are obviously very little or no laws punishing animal creulity in this book. What other modern things do we take for granted?
4. Do you think Felicty might differ if she were a middle child? A youngest child? An only child? Do you think Felicity's being eldest child is relevant to the story? Do you think it effects her personality?
5. Do you think Felicty has matured a bit in this book? Why or why not?
I liked her strong spirit,despite it being against the law,she was trying to save the life of an animal,so morally she was doing the right thing.
I think she would,she seems to be a stong person,and even if she were not a horse lover I think she still would have helped.
I think alot of our freedoms,look at other countries where they are starving,we can go to a store and get whatever whenever,I remember when I was little and watching the news people standing in line for food,and they were happy with whatever they get,we get upset if we have to wait to long just to pay for our cart full.
I don't think so ,weather you are a middle or younger,older it is in your personality,what you beleive is right that is in your heart.
I think she did,she was faced with something pretty big,watching someone beat a horse and know the consequenes,to stand up to an adult who was so mean.
Just my oppinions(answers)to the questions,good questions by the way.
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
I love Felicity and all of her books. She is my favorite doll. Don't tell my other dolls. I love meet Felicity, it really shows her personality. It shows she is adventuras and ready to stand up for what she believes in, without hesitation. She i also very couragous. I admire her for that. Not that many people, her age could stand up to Jiggy Nye like she did.
Sincerly a Felicity fan forver
mer_chicky
my historical dolls; Samantha,Felicity,Kit
My limited edition dolls; Kaily and Marisol
I need to add something very deep and profound to this.
I noticed during our Super Bowl party that Felicity's father looks EXACTLY like the guy on the Samuel Adams beer bottle. I wonder if the illustrator used a Sam Adams bottle as his model for Felicity's dad. I think he did,
Did Felicity mature?
I think she did in the way that she wasn't afraid to stand up for what she thought was right. She stood up to Jiggy Nye and that took a lot of courage, She also learned patience with Penny. However I don't think she would be patient a sit down things yet, and maybe she never will.
She is lucky that Jiggy Nye didn't come after her after she freed Penny. It would have made the story too long but in the real world it probably would have happened and there would have been more trouble for her.
Do I think Felicity would be different if she were a middle or the youngest child, or only child?
I really don't know. I never really liked Nan and William. Nan's kind of whiney. I think Nan is more of mother's girl and Felicity is a daddy's girl. It's bad to say parents have favorite kids but I think she's kind of the apple of her father's eye. He even offered to buy Penny, and he seems gentle with her even when she has done something drastic such as bringing Penny home. Her mother I just think gets very frustrated with her not wanting to do sit down things and though she loves her, I just think she gets annoyed of always having to tell her to re-do her sewing etc...
As for a romance between Felicity and Ben?
Of course! It seems like in Meet Felicity, Felicity charms all men except for Jiggy Nye.
I like it becase you get to know Felicity her family her friends and you get to know Felicitys spirt!!
Courtney [img]cool.gif[/img]
I really love how Felicity defies the stereotype of a girl's role in society during "Meet Felicity". She doesn't let anything get in her way of freeing Penny. I love her good nature and strong - minded personality. I think re-reading the book really re-kindled my love for Felicity, my second doll!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I read the book like 2 weeks ago. And also read it when I was kid. But I enjoyed it very much. I loved how Lissie made Penny go Free. I thought it was so brave of her. It was also really cool the way Penny only tusted Lissie to tame her and no one else, also how she snuck out the house to tame her and ws so quit in doing so. Ben was very nice to lend Lissie his breachers so she could ride and how he kept her screat. I enjoyed the story very much and would read it over and over again.
Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]