What exactly does a personal shopper do for you when you visit AGP? Do you have to call ahead and make a reservation for one?
Printable View
What exactly does a personal shopper do for you when you visit AGP? Do you have to call ahead and make a reservation for one?
I am not sure if it is the same, but I had a PS once at FAO Schwartz. It was great. Basically they carried my things, got what ever I wanted and then took me to the front of whatever line was the shortet - Made things easy. It was fun and was because they had made an error and I had to make a special trip into the city during the holidays. I am not sure if they charge.
I don't know how AG's service is, but I used to work at a high end department store and I got paid on commission. (and the 2.19 or whatever is required as a hourly wage...the same that waitresses get in addition to their tips)
Personal shoppers at AGP are not paid on commission. I have one I use to get things fro the store. Her name is Sharron. She is wonderful and it never seems to matter if I want one itty bitty thing or a huge order. I have found some of them aren't REALLY nice unless you place a big order. Here is all her information:
American Girl Place New York
609 Fifth Avenue
NYC, NY 10017
212-644-1145 X 5094
866-611-1974 (toll Free) X 5094
Sharon [email protected]
The 800 number is a HUGE plus for getting in contact with all of them.
In store they will help you with all of your purchases. They can hold items for you until you get there and then they have a personal lobby they take you to to ring out. Very nice indeed!
Sharron sounds wonderful. Hopefully therre will be someone just as nice at AGP Chicago.
Another question - If they are not paid by commission, do we tip them? Still do not know if I need to call ahead to reserve one?
Sharon is my PS too!!! Cool! I have only bought things from the store three times, but I've been thinking about it again lately and getting the skateboard outfit. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I spoke to Sharron when I was trying to find Nellie's Holiday Coat. She couldn't find one but was very helpful and not the least bit upset that I didn't purchase anything. She even said she would watch for one to be returned. Just in case.
I guess I caught Sharron on a bad day, because I had problems with her. In fact, I wasn't impressed with any of the personal shoppers at the New York store with the exception of Maria. There are a lot of wonderful personal shoppers in Chicago. I recommend Vanessa whole-heartedly. She is very nice and actually does what she says she will.
Kim
To bad you had a bad experience with her. She really seems quite lovely.
On the tip thing......no you do not need to tip them. I guess you could if you wanted to but I think that would be a personal thing between you and the PS.