-
Okay...here some more review stuff...
Kit's bed...okay, can I just say WOW here! I love it...very easy to put together and OH so cute and two dolls fit on it...OH and it looks so soft and I am getting sleepy just thinking about it...I love it! A+++++++++
TRUNKS---
I got 3 trunks...Kit's, Kirsten's and Josephina's...and here is what I think
Kit and Kirstens are my favorites. I think I like Kit's a little bit more but they have different high points. Those who have said you can fit just about EVERYTHING of Kirsten's in her trunk..aren't even jokin'! I don't have Kirstens' bed yet, but I have just about everything else in there (minus her table and chairs) and I have TONS of room to spare. It has two dividers in the bottom, so there are three compartments for you to seperate stuff. The lid just sits on top and it isn't flat, so it gives a little more room! VERY NICE for organizing and keeping all her stuff together. I LOVE organization! BUT Kit's..WOW it holds tons too! and I LOVE the drawers. You can put 3 to possibly 6 outfits per drawer...depending on how you fold and all. Me, I have three outfits, with their accessories above them..oh its so nice. Now I must agree when someone said the drawers are kinda "delicate" in that they are made of either a really soft wood or sturdy cardboard and then covered, but it certainly does not detract from the look or vercitility (sp?) and the top opens up and wow you can fit TONS and TONS of stuff in there. There is as much room in the top of the lid as the bottom. I think I like this one better because I can just pull the drawers out and boom...there is a complete outfit and accessories all laid out! Okay, Josephina's is absolutely beautiful on the outside, but I don't think it holds as much as Kirsten's or Kits...but I am glad I got it, because it does hold a lot...but I don't have her loom or her oven yet (backorder) and I do not see being able to fit those in there or her bed or anything else...The lid opens up and there is a tray that comes in and out..the lid doesn't bow up as much as Kit's so there isn't as much room up there and then the little wood pieces in the corners that are there to help hold the tray when you set it down in the trunk take away your space in the bottom...not much, but hey, every bit counts..right? Just to give you an idea..Her goat..ya know.. that lovely heavy...using in case of being robbed....goat...well, it can't stand in the bottom of the trunk...not enough room and it can't stand on the top either. Not a big deal...just the only thing I could think of to give you an idea of how much space is in the bottom and top. Nevertheless..I would still recommend it, just don't think you are gonna get all her stuff in there like you can Kirsten and Kit's...Wonder what Addy's is like? I'd love a trunk like Kit's or Kirstens' for Molly and Sam instead of their steamer ones...I don't think I would get all there stuff in those steamer trunks and I really REALLY like getting all the collection in one box...makes for GREAT organization!! and I am ALL ABOUT organization!!! My grandfather is a carpenter in his younger days, so I might take him Kirstens' (as it might be the easiest) to replicate me two wood ones for Molly and Sam. I was thinking of painting a flag on MOlly's and then what on Sam's???
Kirsten's table...I lucked up and got a premattel table..yep! straight from ag...in the old white box and everything...even the brochure has the girl on the back wearing a girl size Kirsten birthday dress. I was thrilled until I saw......the dent in the table! On the bottom side...look like it had been dropped! It had a dent part and the wood was chipped, but not completely off...so I took it to my grandpa and he fixed it..YOU CAN'T EVEN TELL there was ever anything wrong, a dent or anything...he even varnished it the same color on that spot. Okay, so now the table is really special to me personally..but let's get to the rating of it. I have to give it an A++++ for looks as it looks so much nicer and sweeter in person. It looks so simple and "what's the big deal" online, but in person..it's just beautiful...simply beautiful. I was pleasantly surprised! Now, I haven't given this to dd to use yet with her dolls, so I can't speak for it as far as the dolls sliding in the chairs or what have you...so...
Kaya's stuff...Okay, I'll just do a general one for all her stuff. Basically I have it all but her Tepee and her deerskin dress and jingle dress. All her items get an A++++ Steps high is so pretty and Talto is really big and kinda posable, so that is neat! Her saddle and doll/craddle board are my favorite. The doll looks like a mini-mini Kaya and I just love the look and feel of the saddle and how the board will attach to the saddle. I haven't done this yet, but I saw it in pictures and I just think that is way cool! The shawl dress of today what suprisingly cool to me. I didn't think I would really like this, don't know why, but I didn't...BUT I DO LIKE IT A LOT! A+++++
Her food is waaaayyyyy cool too! I just give all her stuff an A+++++++++++++ It's all so neat and detailed and really cool! I even like Kaya herself and don't mind at all that she doesn't show her teeth! LOL! I think she is pretty, though I must say..I am not so sure how she would look as an Elizabeth.
My one disappointment (almost in myself, as I try and try to make myself like this and I just don't!) is Josephina and Marisol..yea the dolls...I think I just don't like that face mold. BUT WHY???? I keep asking myself, because in pictures I think they are beautiful, but in person...I don't like them one bit! BUT I love LOVE all of Josephina's stuff...it's so different and neat and beautiful. But I just think that their (josephina's and marisol's) faces are, well, ugly! What is wrong with me?????? I want to like them, but the more I look at them in person...I just like them less and less! [img]confused.gif[/img]
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 15, 2005 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Candie D ]</font>
-
Thanks for the wonderful reviews! I know a lot of people especially want to know how a trunk will hold up (or how much stuff it will hold!) before purchasing, me included. I would love to get Kirsten's trunk, and you have described it so well! Now, to save up the $$ for it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
Thanks for the reviews! Glad you liked most of your stuff! Are you still keeping Josefina and Marisol anyway? I think they are beautiful dolls. I haven't seen Mari in person, but Josefina, as I recall, is very pretty in person, IMO. Opinions vary though!
-
Thanks for the reviews!! I really want Kit trunk! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sorry that you did not like Josefina and Marisol, it takes a while to get used to a new mold. Change them alittle, do their hair and if then you still do not like them, you can always return them.
-
It is really great that your Grandpa could fix Kirsten's table like that. It will always be a great memory for you.
Thanks for reviewing the trunks. It is the one AG thing I haven't purchased because they seem so expensive. I would really like to have one someday, however, and it is nice to hear the reviews.
I have Marisol. She does look a bit different than the other girls. Sometimes when I get something new, it takes me awhile to get used to the change. Give it some time and see how you feel.
-
I think my Marisol is beautiful, but I admit, I'm having a hard time bonding with her. She seems a bit aloof - I think she's a bit shy with the historicals, who bonded right away. I've been leaving her in my room at night so she's there when I get up in the morning. I think it's helping. They're a bit in awe of her - after the trunk and all - so I think we all need to loosen up a bit!
I hope Nellie's arrival doesn't make her more uncomfortable.
She did wear Sam's dress tonight, so I think she's putting forth the effort...
-
WOW, you weren't jolking when you said that was long! Thank you for sharing. I also have Kit's and LOVE it!
-
I actually have lots more room in josefina's trunk. room to spare even. Kirsten just has so many more outfits and accessories than josefina. I don't have Kirsten's bed, but I know I couldn't fit it in the trunk if I tried. Her clothes come right up to the top. My Josefina trunk just looks empty. I have Josefina's complete collection and everything for Kirsten except her bed and her new summer dress with polkadots, so the trunks are certainly holding pretty much everything made for each doll. Now I don't have any of Josefina's furniture in the trunk, like her desk set, or her goat in there, or her toy farm. But there's so much room in there that I'm sure all that would fit, although maybe not the stand to the desk. I also agree with you that the oven won't fit, unless you take the top tray out. I have Josefina's clothes on the bottom of the trunk, and then all her shoes, ribbons, and small accessories in the tray. It works out well and everything is very organized. I actually like it better than the Kirsten trunk for organization. In my Kirsten trunk I have all her outfits folded in the center portion, her shoes, ribbons, and socks in one side section and in the other side section her small accessories like school stuff, her purse, fishing stuff, etc. Her hats and snowshoes just rest on top of the items in the two side compartments. At this point I couldn't even fit in her desk.
The only other AG trunk I have is Molly's and I'd have to say I really like the horizontal trunks better than the vertical ones. Kirsten's and Josefina's seem to hold everything much better than Molly's. I'd love to get Addy and Kit's trunks someday.
I really wish Kaya had some sort of large storage container. Like a really big parfleche or something to store all her items. I have them all in a large hatbox right now, which works but it's not really pretty.
meg
-
Ooooo...I love the idea of Kaya having something for her stuff to go into. I bet they could design something really neat!
Ya know I thought the trunks were really expensive..well, and they are...but I used the 10% off code back when it was working..so I got a little off, but they are, at least these three, definately worth saving for in my opinion.
I will have to reorganize Josephina's and see if I can get a better deal going on there. I had a little help from those on the board to get all of Mari's stuff in her little trunk...which I am happy about, so maybe I will give another go round with Josephina's!
I am keeping Marisol (she is dd's Christmas present) and I am gonna keep a Josephina, though I have to return the one I have...wig issues (I have the worst luck with dolls!) I love ALL of Josephina's stuff and I can't wait to read her books. I bet they are good. So I have to keep her to! It just wouldn't feel right (at least to me) to put another doll in her stuff. Oh and that weaving outfit...that's the one that has the red on the bottom, comes with the book right? Anyway, that one is GORGEOUS!!! Anyway, Maybe her and Mari will grow on me as they are out and about...for a while they will be in hiding, but Mari will be out at Christmas, so ...maybe I will get used to the face look and even learn to like it! I love Mari's hair and Josephina's color hair is such a rich color!
-
Iam so excited to hear how nice Kit's trunk is. I really want this for DD! I may wait until CHristmas to get it for her since by then she will be 7 1/2 and will be able to better take care of nicer items.
Now I gotta start saving for the trunk as well as the Felicity/Elizabeth items.
Lara