Has any board member heard a tapped horn used for LF with A7s?.
Marshall.
Printable View
Has any board member heard a tapped horn used for LF with A7s?.
Marshall.
Not with A7s but a pal is using a tapped horn with an Eminence Lab 12 driver in his DIY horn system. The tapped horn does an excellent job; makes deep strong bass and has excellent dynamics and keeps up with the horns above.
I have a Lab 12 driver myself and have been thinking about building a tapped horn but I'm so lazy.
Here's my pal's rig. The tapped horn is the bench like enclosure under the window.
http://www.hostboard.com/forums/hbmc.../2008/08/3.jpg
<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 18, 2008 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Tom Brennan ]</font>
I have never heard of a tapped horn, but I did a quick Google and came up with:
http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/24934/0/
My knowledge of tapped horns would fit in a thimble, but I know a guy that's well versed in them...
Rather than commit him, I'll just point out a couple of threads on the DIYAudio forum he's participated in;
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...674&highlight=
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...340&highlight=
Get comfy before diving in, the first thread alone is over 2,000 posts and growing... http://www.hostboard.com/forums/
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What's that, Cal? http://www.hostboard.com/forums/Quote:
Originally posted by Cal Weldon:
... I didn't know about forum protocol...
Obviously, I don't either, I just keep my foot in it till I hear the sirens. http://www.hostboard.com/forums/
Thanks bfish, I was going to post those links but I didn't know about forum protocol and linking to another site. Those threads are involved but good personnel and good reading.
Thanks Marshall,
I had a feeling it was OK but I thought it a bit presumptuous with my connection to the site. I try not to openly promote it on other sites.
<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 20, 2008 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Cal Weldon ]</font>
Cal,
Re protocol on posting links, see para 11
http://www.hostboard.com/terms.shtml
Marshall.
Also, Google 'Hornloudspeaker Magazine March 2008'.