I'm just wondering what methods you guys use for recording your audio in your films. I'm not really happy at all with the mic on the XL2, so i'm keen to get some proper mics, but is the best way to send them to a mixing desk or something?
What kind of mics do you guys use, and do they pick up good sound from a couple of metres away? the ones i have access to are all stage mics, so they seem to be made for recording what is directly in front of it, which is useless when the mic is on a boom.
Also, when recording dialogue, do you record the entire scene viewing one character, then record it again viewing the other one, and just keep intercutting the footage? using the dialogue from both takes?
I'm not sure if i'm explaining that question very well. I'm keen to experiment, but as mentioned, i can't get good sound out of the mics i've got.
