-
I didn't even know AG sold these! I was just looking for the dol hairbrush when I found them. I love them; they are so cute! I'd like a few, but I've got no use for them. I may get a few anyways ( [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). Does anyone have a doll dres form from AG?
*edited for spelling
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ June 18, 2005 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Princess_Lyndsi ]</font>
-
They've been around since the very early days of Pleasant Company. I wonder what size the dress forms are? They look like the white bodies from the 80's and I know that body sizes have changed over the years.
-
I coded a dress form because I had been wanting one for a long time. There are so many outfits of Samantha's that are so pretty and she can only wear one at a time, so I always keep one on the dress form. Right now it is holding her winter party dress. It is looser on the form than on my recently purchased Samantha.
OK, it measured 10.5 inches in the "waist". It does have shoulders which are a little wider, but not as wide as Samantha's. The shoulder of the dress hangs off a little on each side. I can lift the dress off without even un-velcro-ing it. The dress form is also much softer (more squishy) than the dolls.
Hope this helps!
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ June 18, 2005 07:10 PM: Message edited by: OSusannah ]</font>
-
one thing that I'm worried about the dress forms is that I had read, a couple of years ago, about a dress form that had been modified with a brand new doll to sell it as a white bodied doll. I wish they'd make the dress forms tan, like the dolls. :-/
-
Thanks for the info, Tracy! I'd been wondering how big they were, and how the clothes dresses fit on them. As for making a new doll appear to be white-bodied, that is very clever, but it would worry me if I ever wanted to purchase one. [img]eek.gif[/img]
-
I believe Dritz also has a dress forms for both 18 inch dolls and Barbie type dolls. If you are concerned about dresses fitting on the AG ones, maybe this would be a nice alternative.