-
Sellers who don't know how to spell bug me!
(yes, I broke my rule to myself to avoid ebay this week) I wonder if anyone would like to buy a pair of SWEDE shoes? Or a Kristin doll? Do you mean to tell me that your daughter had her for "all these years," supposedly couldn't bear to part with her, and doesn't even know the doll's name? And I could swear that a few do it to be cute. Argh!!!!
(I don't mean intentional things like "KEWL" either... I know that it is an acceptable slang way to spell it.)(Kirsten's a bad example, I guess, since it's easy to just mix up the I and R keys while typing)
And, more me being unenlightened again: the one or two people who sell doll stuff BIN for twice its original price, even though it's still totally available from AG, and you'd get the benefit of AG's customer service. Special things are one thing, like PM or Retired, or just trying to get back the cost of the item and shipping (why not just send it back to the company, then?) but just regular stuff? Are there people who somehow wouldn't be able to buy directly from AG that this would benefit?
Why do people do this?
-
I seriously keep wanting to send a message to the sellers with a spelling correction, but I know that that's kind of rude. And weird.
(How do you spell a doll's name wrong when you're selling the book that goes with her???)
So, I guess I'm partly just venting here before I become the crazy spelling police.
-
It bothers me when the doll's names are spelled wrong too. It seems that Kirsten is the one that it usually happens with. She is my favorite, so that's probably why it irks me. I think if someone is just glancing at her name, they will be more inclined to read "Kristen" because it's such a common name.
Who knows? I am a spell-everything-correctly person, though. I don't like even my emails to have spelling errors. [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]
-
ooh I like when things are spelled wrong- if you search incorrect spellings on purpose you can often find items that other searches miss and get better prices [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
Jerseycow6, you just started off my day funny because of the irony of your name and the title of this post. Jersey cow has a personal beef! LOL!! Okay, I'm goofy this morning. [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
I thought the same thing AGMom2! Too cute- Jersey Cow has a beef! The other one that gets spelled a bunch of ways is Josefina Josafina Josephina and even once (at least) Josepina (that one I think was a misintentional spelling of Josephina). I'm not a great speller by any means, but if I were going to list it on e-bay I'd check. Along this same line- stores that hang banners that have things spelled wrong! e.g. YOUR GOING TO LOVE OUR SALE! Auuugghhhh! No I'm not! You can't even spell YOU'RE!
Jo
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 04, 2006 09:45 AM: Message edited by: mykidsloveAG ]</font>
-
I think most of people's mis-spelling is lack of either paying proper attention or going too fast. And then there are the people who just cannot spell how hard they try. I sometimes laugh about, or gripe about it if I'm in one of my moods, but I think it is often forgivable.
-
This is just so funny for me!! I needed this, finals are next weak!!!
Haha!! I did that on purpose! [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
It doesn't really bother me as long as i can understand what the person is trying to say. There is one ebay seller who writes so poorly that i've been afraid to bid on anything since i doubt the package would be addressed correctly. Her descriptions are something like--tha dol haz reed har. gren izes and is kleen.
-
Grrr...I too am a spelling nut, although I don't type well, so I know I should use Check Spelling more often!! My hot buttons are: misplaced apostrophes (possessives instead of plurals, for example,) the aforementioned cutesy spelling, and my number-one, all-time most-hated grammar goof...the use of "less" instead of fewer!! If I ever hear "less calories" again, I may throw something through my TV screen!! Rant over, thanks for letting me vent, Lin