-
Hi there. Has anyone ever come up with building plans for the Altec 1215A folded horn?
I was wondering what they may have sounded like with 416B (or A) or 515B. I haven't read any specs as to the sensitivity or anything else that would be useful, even with a 421. Can anybody fill me in?
-
Greets!
Yeah, IIRC they only have a ~41" pathlength.
GM
-
2 of them is much easier to move than a 210 http://www.hostboard.com/forums/
They don't work too badly in a 4 stack (2x2).
But if I were looking for home stereo I'd check newer cab designs.
-
I tried for a while with no luck.
The 1215A was superseded almost immediately by the 1215B, the only difference being widened for the newer frames. I owned a batch way back when, they worked well and were loud. The horn isn't much longer than a 210 horn, so they don't go much deeper.
-
Hi all... I'm looking for subs for my SR system and home theatre. At home I have 5 model 19's and 2 8184 (I don't like the 8184's). For sound re-inforcement, my main system consists of 8 SS-817-R's loaded with 421's and 421-LF's, 8 288/291 driver on MR94-8 horns and 16 MR94HF tweeters.
I'd post some pictures if I could. As yet, I don't know how. I can't even use a custom avatar because "custom" isn't on the list in the drop down menu. I follow instructions but, there is no "custom" listed. http://www.hostboard.com/forums/
-
Greets!
I believe I've already addressed your sub Qs, so I'm waiting on you to do something with the info.
'Custom' is available and in the instructions tells you to click on the word 'here' to take you to a browse link to get it off your computer. In the drop down menu, click on 'custom' to see it after uploading. If you see an A7 drawing as my avatar, then we know it works. http://www.hostboard.com/forums/
For posting pics you'll have to load them on a website such as Photobucket and add the appropriate link to your post. If you see a frequency response sim in this message, then it works too. http://www.hostboard.com/forums/
http://www.hostboard.com/forums/hbmc...2007/01/26.jpg
If either doesn't, then it's my inability to follow instructions and not the system's fault. http://www.hostboard.com/forums/
GM
-
Hmm, I see the avatar on my 'profile' page, but not attached to my post. http://www.hostboard.com/forums/
-
...........and now I do, I forgot to scroll down and click the 'update' button. http://www.hostboard.com/forums/
-
Hi GM
Custom' is available and in the instructions tells you to click on the word 'here' to take you to a browse link to get it off your computer.
I FOLLOWED THE WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS. IT SAYS MY PICTURE HAS BEEN UPLOADED BUT MY PICTURE DOESN'T SHOW IN THE LITTLE BOX SHOWING THE AVATAR PICTURE SELECTED. WHEN YOU LOAD YOUR PICTURE DO YOU SEE IT IN THE LITTLE SQUARE BEFORE YOU GO TO THE DROP DOWN MENUE? MY PICTURE DOESN'T SHOW AND WHEN I GO TO THE DROP DOWN MENUE THERE IS NO "CUSTOM". I WONDER IF IT'S BECAUSE I USE LINUX INSTEAD OF A WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM? I WOULDN'T THINK SO BECAUSE I UPLOAD A .JPG FILE.
In the drop down menu, click on 'custom' to see it after uploading. If you see an A7 drawing as my avatar, then we know it works.
-
Hi GM
Custom' is available and in the instructions tells you to click on the word 'here' to take you to a browse link to get it off your computer.
I FOLLOWED THE WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS. IT SAYS MY PICTURE HAS BEEN UPLOADED BUT MY PICTURE DOESN'T SHOW IN THE LITTLE BOX SHOWING THE AVATAR PICTURE SELECTED. WHEN YOU LOAD YOUR PICTURE DO YOU SEE IT IN THE LITTLE SQUARE BEFORE YOU GO TO THE DROP DOWN MENUE? MY PICTURE DOESN'T SHOW AND WHEN I GO TO THE DROP DOWN MENUE THERE IS NO "CUSTOM". I WONDER IF IT'S BECAUSE I USE LINUX INSTEAD OF A WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM? I WOULDN'T THINK SO BECAUSE I UPLOAD A .JPG FILE.
In the drop down menu, click on 'custom' to see it after uploading. If you see an A7 drawing as my avatar, then we know it works.