Hey Whazzup with this sponsored link that is starting to pop up on keywords in our posts?
rOgeR
Printable View
Hey Whazzup with this sponsored link that is starting to pop up on keywords in our posts?
rOgeR
First I've heard about it Rog!
Sounds like spam with a new twist!
[img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]
Gus
It is happening in a lot of Hostboards. I contacted the Administration, But haven't got a reply yet.
Notice in my first post of this topic. the word pop up is now a sponsored link.
I don't like it, but I realize that a lot of the messageboards here on hostboard are free boards (including mine), So I guess to keep it up & running I can learn to live with them...I still don't like it though.
rOgER
I guess we will have to get use to these sponsored links. I just read the post by the Admin. and he said that hostbord has been losing money. The banner ads that use to appear above our posts, and the paid boards were not generating enough money.
As an owner of a Hostboard Message board, I guess I will get use to them, If it means that the free service will continue.
rOgER
Hmmm, this is new.
Well, its still a lot better than the other message boards that continually barrage you with annoying popups.
I'm always amazed at how much work this system takes for the owner Steven. I hope this makes it so the work is worth his while.