I saw GN once with AH and yes, he is a monster player. Scott is one of my favourite key players. His sounds and samples are great, also with TT, and he can really play. Sounds like a great evening. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Printable View
I saw GN once with AH and yes, he is a monster player. Scott is one of my favourite key players. His sounds and samples are great, also with TT, and he can really play. Sounds like a great evening. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
...no news [about GN]! [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
OH yeah, Kinsey is the "eccentric Mad Scientist of Keys," as witnessed on the TT & Unc Mo stuff ;-)
With a roomful of musos like that, it's no wonder the room didn't combust...& that you guys lived to tell... /;-p
Next time, take a miniD...[PLS!] /;-p
Gary played at the spud last night with Scott Kinsey: Keyboards Steve Tavaglione: Sax and EWI
Jimmy Earl: Bass. Simply blowing but with taste. Scott was using a bunch of key boards including the nord lead 2 while running a series of "world sound" loops from his computer for Gary to play over, which brought a refreshing sound to songs. Jimmy was licking and playing as fierce as ever and Tav's ewi sounds and soloing was sparse but complimentary. But as for Gary, he set up and was burning from the get go. It?s hard to believe how blazing his hands are, and with no warming up. His touch around the kit is very unique witch compliments his phrasing. Wonderful [img]smile.gif[/img] Great show and I encourage anybody in the LA area to catch their next show. For once, a blowing show with good songs, along with barriers being pushed in different directions. Too much of the jazz-fusion stays in its complacent world and the shows are just excuses to wank off. Cheers to Kinsley's off kilter approach.
Also, it was drummer?s night out. Virgil, Danny Carey, Taylor Hawkins, Steve Holmes and more came out.
Peace, Sammy J
Novack always kills. he's so technically proficient, and musical.
One of my favs.
WOW...nice to see the boys out watching Gary!
Reminds me of the time I went to see Vinnie with Virg and about 30 seconds into the first number, Vinnie sees Virg, takes a stick and puts it in his mouth (gesturing he's in the company of another great player), and then proceeds to kick jazz arse that evening.
I gotta get to his next gig. Saw him w/Jeff Richmon and he smoked.
ITs awesome that those guys are going to check out Gary!
the Elektric Band 2 recording is my next cd purchase! their version of tumba sounds awesome!
Man, what must it be like to go to a jazz gig and see those guys sitting there watching this gig too!
its good though, reminds you that we are all human!
Novak is somewhat underrated. At least in my neck o' the woods.
He's a blazing player.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 22, 2005 04:05 AM: Message edited by: Jeppe Morgenthaler ]</font>
I don't think hes got a web site does he...?
I remember 'Paul DeLong' telling me about him about 15 years ago. Then I saw him a few years back with a trio at Mtl. Drumfest and he was on fire. He had just gotten off of a 10 or 12 hour plane ride..... amazing.
Funny, I mentioned it to Gary that night at the BP. He knows it's his whenever he wants it, I'm just holding it for him. He may get something together at some point he said. Until then I'll take the traffic. [img]wink.gif[/img]