This was my first ebay win for Molly. Did I get a good deal? Also she has silver eye, how do I get that fixed?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=9513699961&ru
I am so excited. This one will be for me!!
Printable View
This was my first ebay win for Molly. Did I get a good deal? Also she has silver eye, how do I get that fixed?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=9513699961&ru
I am so excited. This one will be for me!!
Wow, she's a beauty! I've never seen such a close up picture of silver eye~~Cool. Anyways, I'm pretty sure if you call AG they will send you a potage paid label to send her in and have her fixed. They may replace the whole head though if you don't make it clear you just want the eyes fixed. I may be wrong about this but I'm sure someone else can help you. I think you got an awesome deal! Good Job!!
If she's a German-made Molly, you did very well!
I believe that AG fixes silver-eye free of charge. I think quite of a few board members know for sure though. I'm sure they'll respond and let you know.
I sent my Kirsten in to have her eyes replaced. I just got her back today safe and sound! I paid to ship her to AG Hospital but did not pay anything else. I just filled out the hospital form inside one of the catelogs, wrote a note about replacing the eyes only and not the whole head and shipped her to the hospital. It took exactly 15 days from the day I shipped her until she arrived home. I know some people have mentioned that they called customer service and they were sent a shipping label but others said they asked but did not get a shipping label. I decided to just pay to ship her in without asking. Hopefully this information is helpful. Others may have additional info for you! - Meg B.
She is pretty. When you get her, look closely at her eyelashes and if they are really long and pretty and soft, you might want to find a way to get someone else to replace the eye. I am pretty sure that AG Hospital replaces the whole eye including the eyelashes so you may end up getting a new eye with the stiff eyelashes.
Best of luck.
That eye probably isn't very noticeable if she's wearing her glasses.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">She couldn't be beacause her body isn't white.Quote:
Originally posted by Kit 1934:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Molly-Felicity:
If she's a German-made Molly, you did very well!
It was still a good deal though.
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Some of the German made dolls had peach bodies. They were made from about 1991-1995.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">She couldn't be beacause her body isn't white.Quote:
Originally posted by Kit 1934:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, not really. They switched from Germany AFTER Addy came out, which is why some Addys were german made. There were German mades after the WB. The WBs were only the first two years of making the dolls. !986 - 88 made dolls were the WBs.
I love your doll! I have a silver eye GT9 and I wouldn't change the eye. But I know it bugs alot of people. When you get her, make sure you post pictures!
[img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Sara, we posted at the same time! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
That's a gorgeous Molly, and I'd say you got a pretty darned good deal for such a nice-looking doll.
I just have a question that relates to what some other posters said... It may be that this Molly is a German-made doll, but I'm not sure if this one could have been made in 1986 (as the seller explicitly said). I thought that all German-made dolls from 1986 were white-bodied. ??? But anybody, please correct me if I'm mistaken.
If it doesn't matter to you where or when this doll was made, disregard what I said above. You still got her at a terrific price, regardless. Other people have given good advice on how to deal with the silver eye--the main thing I would worry about if you wanted to send her to the doll hospital is that they may send her back with a different kind of eyelash-type.