-
Ok, I have a question. Is there something that in your past, you had the chance to do, and didnt? Do you look back now and regret it or wish you would have done it, or taken that chance? If so, what is it????
For example:
I never went to prom. I never got to go to any of my proms.
I never had a big white church wedding. I had a small wedding in a double wide trailer. (you know your a redneck when you get married in a double wide trailer).
I had the chance to go to South carolina for the weekend on a "all expenses paid trip" with a guy that I was in love with, before I was married, and didnt go.
About my prom and my missing out on having a big white dream church wedding: Its like Annie Potts says in that movie, "Pretty In Pink" Sometimes I look around and start freaking out thinking I have misplaced something or feel like i have forgot someting. I check my house, my pocket book, my car. Then I realize, I missed my prom and missed out on having my dream wedding. The wedding I dreamed of since I was a little girl. I think now I should have went to my proms even if I meant I would have had to go alone and walk in by myself.
So, what are some of the opportunities you had in your past, that you look back now and wish you would have taken those opportunities???
------------------
"She Shines Like A Diamond, when she walks into a room. she could Charm the Stars, hypnotize the moon"
-
A big wedding.....i eloped *P* NEVER again....big wedding with tuxs next time *G* *imagining GaToR in a tux and drools *EFG*
Being so stupid and thinking i was in love and missing my opportunity to go to college.
Wasting 16 years of my life with someone who never really gave a fuck about me. The only good thing out of that was my 2 lil men. *VVVVVVBS* Two of the three joys in my life...GaToR being the third. *VVVVBS*
Always being too scared to stand up for myself and living in constant fear for way too long....something i have been working on since meeting GaToR, who constantly supports me and gives me the encouragement i need! I have been truly blessed with someone so loving, caring and supportive! I love you Baby!!
------------------
I am who I am and if you dont like the way I am....tough shit.
-
OK..I HAD the big wedding..and $40,000 later...it all ends the same way ----->divorce http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
It was fine I guess...don't remember much of it, not sure if I was in shock cuz it was so expensive, or just nerves, I walked around most of the day in a daze, and can't remember half the people that were there!
I'm saving my money next time...simple wedding, on the beach, just the two of us...or a couple family members
------------------
Jesus loves you...but everyone else thinks you're an asshole!
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
Quitcherbitchen!
-
well.. i'm not old enough to be married *LOL* not old enough to have my own prom yet.. BUT i've been to four proms already....
BUT.. i really wish.. that i had waited until i was a little older before i jumped into having sex.. doing drugs.. and al the bad shit i do.......... i wish i could have NOT fucked around ALL throught highschool, and wound myself up STILL in grade 10........
but yanno what i think.. there's no point in making wishes that will NEVER come true... therefore.. i live for the future.. instead of dwelling on the past.
------------------
When they came for the communists, I wasn't a communist, so I did nothing.
When they came for the Jews, I wasn't Jewish, so I did nothing.
Then they came for teh Gypsies, but I wasn't Gypsy, so I did nothing.
And then they came for me, and there was no one left to do anything.
-
Thats a good point Paige, but sometimes we cant go forward to the future til we break the boundaries of our past. The things in our past that haunt us so much it wont allow us to move forward. I'm haunted alot by my past. There are things that I think of daily, things I cant forget. And I wish so dam badly to tears, that i could go back and see what would have happened if I would have taken those opportunities. I WISH, I SSSOOO wish, I could just once have a chance like In the movie, "A Christmas Carol" or "Its a wonderful life", have a angel/ghost whatever, come and show me what my life might have been like if I had made different choices.
OH, sticking to the topic, I also regret dropping out of school after playing catcher on my highschool softball team for 5 years, hearing that I had a scholarship to a major college here, and then STILL dropping out after hearing that. I should have stayed in school and taken that scholarship.
------------------
"She Shines Like A Diamond, when she walks into a room. she could Charm the Stars, hypnotize the moon"
-
I can honestly say I don't regret that much...yeah I'm young still and all, but I've done a lot of shitty things. There are things that I've done that have made me grow up faster than my years although a lot of times I don't act that way online, but you guys don't know who I am in real time, I can be much more serious, but still the goof. The shitty stuff I've done has made me the strong person I am today, so for that I'm thankful...you can only let your past dictate negative things into your life if you let it*S*
------------------
Love wounds. There is no love that does not pierce the hands and feet. Love's exquisite happiness is also love's exquisite pain. I do not seek pain but there is pain. I do not seek suffering but there is suffering. It is better not to flinch, not to try and avoid those things in love's direction. It is not easy, this love, but only the impossible is worth the effort.
-
hmmm...an angel come and show you what you missed? You mean like Sam Kennison in that one Christmas, Married With Children episode? I loved that episode *LOL*......as for changing things in the past, I think thats how we all learn....and discover who we are.....Been through alot, would I change it? I'd like for some of it not to have happened, but if I changed it, more than likely I wouldn't be where I am today.....and I like where I'm at...*shrugs*....
------------------
The heart knows when the search is over.
Our Place
-
Send me a postcard .. cause this place sucks ass! http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
------------------
I will carry you through, kicking and screaming, and in the end you will thank me.
IT-Networks (Were back!)
-
LMFAO@dafunks
------------------
Love wounds. There is no love that does not pierce the hands and feet. Love's exquisite happiness is also love's exquisite pain. I do not seek pain but there is pain. I do not seek suffering but there is suffering. It is better not to flinch, not to try and avoid those things in love's direction. It is not easy, this love, but only the impossible is worth the effort.
-
Its does .. the weather sucky sucky! http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/frown.gif
------------------
I will carry you through, kicking and screaming, and in the end you will thank me.
IT-Networks (Were back!)