Have Kodak given any idea how long they're planning to process Kodachrome 40?
Printable View
Have Kodak given any idea how long they're planning to process Kodachrome 40?
Well,
Kodak being the perpetual black hole of facts it is, really solid information is hard to come by, however there are some pretty regularly repeated rumors.
The word I have is that Kodak Europe will continue to process pre-paid K-40 into 2007, the one I hope is false is that Kodak US slams the door March 2006. (I still have some pre-paid left)
Dwayne's in Kansas says they will process K-40 as long as Kodak continues to make the film in 16 and 35mm. Since there is no cancellation talk for these, I just bought some of the K-40 without processing, to keep me in business until I figure this whole 64T thing out.
The catch? Dwayne's does not honor the Kodak mailer, so you pay basically pay for processing twice if you send them pre-paid film.