had another tia this weekend...no fun at all..it was pretty mild..but I gota find out why they keep coming...which means more torture tests....
Printable View
had another tia this weekend...no fun at all..it was pretty mild..but I gota find out why they keep coming...which means more torture tests....
What's a tia? Sorry, never heard of it before,...
I always thought it meant thanks in advance. Maybe she means Tia Maria. Or maybe it's some sort of stroke (judging the context.) I think I heard it on ER before, so it's probably a medical condition.
Yep They are mini strokes...some type of infarction
I believe where the heart is pumping out small clots??? Is that right Mum???
I love you and will say a prayer for you and heres a big (((((HUG)))))!!!
Joins in to cherrysis's prayer and hugs you ,too!!!
right sis...and I refuse to take warfarin (aka rat poison)....I get an mri/mra tomorrow...should have already had one but it got overlooked...I found out they slide you head first into a narrow tube up to your knees...argh...my dr gave me an rx for valium (5)..I may take all of them LOL..I am claustrophobic as can be.
It's okay MUM...I hate closed places too and when I had My MRI it went pretty quickly (kinda loud but still no biggie)and I didn't mind so much because I had the Valium. I don't know what the dosage is on your valium but take one just before you leave and another right when you get there and if you end up waiting more than 1 hour before they test ask if you can take another (if you need it cause they were low dose to begin with) I only needed the 2 and then 1 more afterwards cause its just damn stressful getting tests and worrying.
Also have you considered Omega 3 fish oil and I'm sure you take baby asprin right? There are other blood thinners besides the warfarin.
I am so sorry you are dealing with this....((((Mummy)))
When I recently had a MRI of my brain, It was in an open tunnel MRI, but I still had a hard time dealing with the clausterphobia.
They turned a fan on, blowing air up around my head, And they normally have a sound system where they played music (it was out of order when I was there), that reallly helps.
Take care Mum, & know you are on my prayer list.
take care,
Rog
They should really install little TVs behind that roster thingy above your head. And not show ER of course. Or anything from the Discovery Channel.
I read that drinking red wine daily reduces the chances of infarction. Finally a good reason to get wasted. Although I suppose rat poison and wine isn't the best combination...
Well just stay healthy, mom. You get me worried way too often, so I'm starting to suspect you simply crave a little more attention. And I *am* a bit rusty at stalking...
*Taking out Burnsville map*
Good ole home remedies...vinegar and grapejuice..good for cholesterol and thinning the blood....screw all those nasty rx's that tear up your stomach....