Quote:
Originally posted by dianasmama:
Ok, I don't normally get fussy over these kinds of politically correct type issues, but as an adoptive mom, if your doll is for "adoption" then you really shouldn't be "selling" her.
I know we put the "adoption" tag on everything from dolls to highway clean up, animals, you name it. I know it can't be stopped, but it takes away from the real meaning of adoption as it applies to a child and creating forever families.
And yes, there is a cost involved in adopting a child too, but we prefer to think that we didn't "buy" her, we paid for her previous care at an orphanage.
Just after Diana came home from Russia my best friend "adopted" a dog, and only 2 months later decided to take it back to the dog pound. I told her to please stop using that term around her young children, I didn't want them to think that I could take Diana back to Russia!
ok, stepping down off the soapbox now,
Laurie
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My mom's friend with an adopted daughter has the same issue. Her daughter was very confused when she saw an "adopt a highway" sign once when she was younger. I disagree with you about adopting a dog though. I volunteer with a rescue organization and we put our adopters through the much of the same process you went through to adopt Diana and they are our children.