-
I got this email from Ebay today: Dear Buyer,
Are you going to buy the item from the auction that you won, please respond to my message as soon as possible.
Thank You
I don't know if this is a spoof Ebay email, but I haven't bought anything from Ebay in almost a year. What should I do?
Edit: I copied and pasted the auction # onto the Ebay search and it definitely isn't anything I won, the item is a Briggs and Stratton 24hp V-twin Intek Engine, and the auction ended in September. It might be my dad's Ebay account, but I doubt he would buy an engine for $550.
<font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ January 08, 2006 07:26 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font></font>
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 08, 2006 07:27 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>
-
DEFINATELY A SPOOF
DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK
I REPEAT
DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT GIVES YOU A VIRUS!!!!!!!!!
-
report it to ebay
my email said that i sold comics to someone.... I have never ever sold comics~!! [img]confused.gif[/img]
-
Unbelievable! Wondering who else will be getting these?
-
I get these e-mails all the time. Just forward it to [email protected] and then delete it.
Anything LEGITIMATE from eBay will be addressed to you with your name and user name. The top line will say, "eBay sent this message to Suzy Q. Public (luv2shop)" and then the message will follow. Anything that is "Dear Seller" or "Dear Buyer" is NOT from eBay.
-
I got one like that a while ago--something about not paying for something I had won, and a link.
Honestly, I delete those ebay and almost everything from paypal. I just got a VERY oonvincing one from "paypal," but they will never send a link, and if you notice if you click on the link (but never ever put in your password), even though it looks like paypal, the address bar does not say paypal.
-
Ebay has made it easy to recognize the spoof e-mail, because they now have the "My Messages" section in My Ebay. If there is not a duplicate message in the "My Messages" section, it is NOT from Ebay.
~Stacie