Has anyone ever used these? Do the clothes fit well or do they have to be altered?
Printable View
Has anyone ever used these? Do the clothes fit well or do they have to be altered?
I have the 12 dancing princesses and the Today's Wardrobe for 18 inch dolls.
I love them both. They are very easy to follow and fit perfectly. If you look at the link to my craft album you will see a few things from the books.
The only thing that has not fit was the slipper pattern from the 12 dancing princesses book. Everything else is perfect.
I highly recommend them and hope to get some more.
One thing to keep in mind with our 18" chunky dolls, unlike their all vinyl cousins, is that there is considerable variability in size depending on who sewed the torso together, who stuffed it and how much stuffing was jammed into the torso. The best advice in using any pattern is to "measure twice, cut once"....
Taffy
Taffy is very right, and Joan addresses this- recommending ways to alter. Her designs tend to lean towards fitting, but close fitting, on the chubbys and a little loose on the skinnies. (At least of my dolls). I think she measured a ton of them and designed for a little higher than the average.
I too have had quite a bit of luck with her patterns. The adjustment everyone is taking about are very simple, and really apply to any pattern you may get. Since we are seeing such a difference in sizes between the dolls these days...it's a good thing to check before you make somthing. Have fun!
Shelly
I have the Essential Wardrobe & Storybook Wardrobe. These are AWESOME patterns. They are by far my favorite.
Here is Molly in the winter coat & tam from the Essential book:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...5189464&idx=26
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 23, 2006 08:24 PM: Message edited by: jrtmom3274 ]</font>
[img]tongue.gif[/img] I would be interested in seeing these patterns. I'm not familar with them. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] skittl I don't know how to view your craft album.
Whoops. Thought I had it public.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...0560277&idx=32
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...0560277&idx=33
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...0560277&idx=36
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...0560277&idx=37
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...0560277&idx=43
are all Joan Hinds Patterns.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 23, 2006 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Skittl1321 ]</font>
Donna, here's one website for Joan's patterns:
http://www.infinitefreedom.com/index.html
I picked up the two books I have from eBay, brand new, for less than $10 each.
I just love that fuzzy faced puppy in your arms in your avatar! I'd love to see more pictures of him and hear about his fuzzy self!
edited for inaccurate info-- I apologize again!
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 23, 2006 08:22 PM: Message edited by: jrtmom3274 ]</font>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, that's not her website. That's the website of a very nice lady named Sally who sells some of Joan Hind's books and also makes and sells some of her own patterns, many of which have smocking which is the primary reason I haven't bought them (I don't have the patience for smocking).Quote:
Originally posted by jrtmom3274:
Donna, here is Joan's website.
http://www.infinitefreedom.com/index.html
Joan Hind's website is
Fancywork and Fashion